Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What need? ty point guards? Seems like you're set there with Felton and Harris.
    i'd play him as the backup 2 in certain lineups

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    I'm satisfied. As long as it wasn't the Miami Heat. The Mavericks are respectable.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    fap fap fap...time to spray the walls!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive never seen people gush over an 8th seed with an old, knee-less star this much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felton will start

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    over nelson? you're sick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    over nelson? you're sick
    Different stages of career, upside if Felton plays like he always have before last year. Nelson is nice, but I agree in the sense that Rick will start Raymond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different stages of career, upside if Felton plays like he always have before last year. Nelson is nice, but I agree in the sense that Rick will start Raymond.
    Current Felton is one of the worst PGs in recent history, tbh..

Nelson sucks, too, but he's better than an obese PG..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs made some decent moves, but they aren't anywhere close to contending, people put way too much stock into their fluky 1st round series last year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude played Mike James over Darren Collison, I don't know if he cares too much about upside.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    never at any point in his career has felton been a better player than nelson..his efficiency and shooting is total , his defense is . nelson is at least a proven playoff performer..he's always stepped his game up on the big stage, whereas felton has never won .

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Nelson is a veteran guard. He'll be playing over fatass no talent Felton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never at any point in his career has felton been a better player than nelson..his efficiency and shooting is total , his defense is . nelson is at least a proven playoff performer..he's always stepped his game up on the big stage, whereas felton has never won .
    tbh you could make the argument Felton was better during that MVP Amare stretch pre allstar break in 2010. Granted he was the PG in the D'Antoni system and the Knicks were barely over .500, but still

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Felton had a stretch in his first stint with New York where he looked pretty good but he's been ever since. If he ever goes back to Portland the hipsters will ironically lynch him for his poor performance with the Blazers.

I do think that Carlisle and the Mavs can probably get more out of him than the complete zero that he was for the Knicks last season, but I don't want to count on him at all. If we get anything at all from him this year I'll consider it gravy. Between Nelson, Devin and Faton, I think we can get decent production out of the PG position.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Boy, do I dislike unreliable players. Jameer isn't a any bad acquisition at all. I'm looking forward to finally seeing him in new colors and jersey. He's been a Magician his whole career. Most magic fans appreciated his era with the Orlando Magic. He's the last one to depart after the Magic made that finals run. Its a whole new team now with a whole new direction. \

Jameer will space the floor...no doubt. He's undersized at his position but its not something he let stop him. I'd say that he's a 2 steps slower than he use to be. When driving to the paint in his all star year, he was the . He shot over 50% in 42 games.

Till..................Brendan Haywood got him injured..who coincidentally played for the Mavericks at that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so our starting lineup next year will be:

PG - Jameer Nelson
    SG - Monta Ellis
    SF - Chandler Parsons
    PF - Dirk Nowitzki
    C - Tyson Chandler

With Devin Harris, Brandan Wright, and a bunch of solid 7-10's off the bench. Wish they could somehow still land Mo Williams though.

2011 all over again???
    it all depends on which dirk shows up which im confident dirk has one last run in him, last year's dirk wont cut it he has to demand double teams etc...

But the mavs roster is looking good...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Devin will play significant minutes at SG as Monta's backup. A backcourt rotation of Devin/Monta/Nelson wouldn't look too bad imho. It's true that we haven't made no blockbuster trade or signing this summer, but instead we just picked the right players who can benefit us the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people put way too much stock into their fluky 1st round series last year..
    that's probably true. the loss of Marion will benefit the Spurs quite a bit. he was more of an issue than Parsons will be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TC returns to form, the Mavs are the #3 team out West (tho if they matched up with Meth I'd give them the nod). Otherwise they're only marginally better than last year.
    TC will need to return to form though. I got the Spurs, OKC and Clippers above them and Portland is up there as well. Mavs are around #4 or 5 IMO, agreed if he doesn't return to form they are only marginally better than last year. They have done good this offseason though no doubt! The Mavs look to be a very good team on paper right now heading into next year, they will be a tough out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a perimeter wing defender bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, do I dislike unreliable players. Jameer isn't a any bad acquisition at all. I'm looking forward to finally seeing him in new colors and jersey. He's been a Magician his whole career. Most magic fans appreciated his era with the Orlando Magic. He's the last one to depart after the Magic made that finals run. Its a whole new team now with a whole new direction. \

Jameer will space the floor...no doubt. He's undersized at his position but its not something he let stop him. I'd say that he's a 2 steps slower than he use to be. When driving to the paint in his all star year, he was the . He shot over 50% in 42 games.

Till..................Brendan Haywood got him injured..who coincidentally played for the Mavericks at that time.
    They made that finals run while he was hurt basically though and when he returned he messed up the chemistry some, remember Alston was the PG and playing well during that run and Jameer was hurt until the finals and came back during them. Rafer played great. I agree though he was with them for a while and the fans liked him there but they made that run without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs defense is gonna be bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a perimeter wing defender bad
    Yeah, right now their backcourt is very undersized. Nelson/Felton/Harris/Ellis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, right now their backcourt is very undersized. Nelson/Felton/Harris/Ellis
    Yeah, also my impression of Parsons is that he's mediocre on D (?) so the downgrade from Marion to him will be noticeable. Also read some articles on Grantland about how Carter was a plus defender since joining the Mavs so he'll be missed a little too. Maybe that Crowder guy can step up on that end if he's any good cuz I don't see who else they could sign at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC has a habit of starting a ty player (like Antonie Wright) while playing the better player (JET) off the bench. RC is a genius, almost Pop-caliber, so no one could predict what his selection for next game would be, imho.

Thread Information