Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Grandpa!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the worst case scenario for the Suns? They have disgruntled Bledsoe for 1 year for 3 mil and then he leaves as an UFA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do. I would gladly take Dudley back on the Suns and I wouldnt Melo on my team for FREE. When they were speculating that Lebron would come to phoenix because the suns could offer max deals to both he and Melo, I thought "is Lebron really worth having Melo on your team"?
    welp, there goes any possibility of you ever being taken seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol djohn
    lol homer
    lol Parsons > Leonard
    lol Saban to Texas

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just heard a cogent point here on the local sports talk radio. 98.7 FM. "Somebody" - mostly likely out of Blood's people are inquiring as to the diametrically opposed stances of the Suns:::they won't give him the max, but, they'll match any offer he gets.

tee, hee. Agents, eh? Remember Lombardi and his center Jim Ringo? Ringo brought his agent in for negotiations. Lombardi excused himself for a moment. Returned in 5 minutes and informed Ringo he'd been traded.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So if he can get this huge offer we are supposedly going to match, where is it? I don't see anyone knocking down his doors.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So if he can get this huge offer we are supposedly going to match, where is it? I don't see anyone knocking down his doors.
    That's not the point. They've judged he's worth the max---vowing to match any offer he gets. Either they're lying now, or, they were lying then.

Give him the ing money.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Give him the ing money.
    No any team would think that Bledsoe is worth 5 yr 80 mil max.
    that's why the Suns said they could match the offer from any team.
    Kick out this moron after one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I even have doubts about 48/4 years now.

Will he even try hard except the last year?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    That's not the point. They've judged he's worth the max---vowing to match any offer he gets. Either they're lying now, or, they were lying then.

Give him the ing money.
    "We will match any offer" =/= "Here's the max, take it". You Laker fans don't understand how free agency is supposed to work. There is this thing called a salary cap. Bidding against yourselves and overpaying is how you get stuck with 48.5. Oops! Our team is too smart for that.

"We'll match any offer" is standard meaningless FO banter. Don't overinterpret it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We will match any offer" =/= "Here's the max, take it". You Laker fans don't understand how free agency is supposed to work. There is this thing called a salary cap. Bidding against yourselves and overpaying is how you get stuck with 48.5. Oops! Our team is too smart for that.

"We'll match any offer" is standard meaningless FO banter. Don't overinterpret it.
    take it easy on the old man, he has to wear velcro "sneakers" these days since he can't tie his own. He has CompuServ stock certificates under his mattress. Expecting him to understand NBA free agency is a bit much.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down:::

Kirby: Tape
    Duncan: the salty words of a scorned ex-wife (and 5)
    This is what Shaq was doing to Kobe for years.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Only Phoenix can offer him the 5 year max. He's not even getting any offers for a 4-year max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated player (mostly by himself ), worse than Dragic. And he is getting less than 8M per. Phoenix doesn't need him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated player (mostly by himself ), worse than Dragic. And he is getting less than 8M per. Phoenix doesn't need him.
    Bledsoe a max?

Jordan had to ruin everything..I'm not surprised the dumbbest owner/gm paved the way to egotisitical 9 million a year players to think they're a max worthy player.

Ship his ass out phx..His career is done. Dude can't even shoot..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think he has enough potential or has done anything to justify more than 6 per year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Either Blood is worth the max or he's not. Don't say it if you're a liar.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    take it easy on the old man, he has to wear velcro "sneakers" these days since he can't tie his own. He has CompuServ stock certificates under his mattress. Expecting him to understand NBA free agency is a bit much.
    Donough and his people have been saying it since he arrived from LA. Now they got to live with it. Big difference.

If the margins are correct Blood will metastasize over here quite nicely.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Either Blood is worth the max or he's not. Don't say it if you're a liar.
    We never said he was worth the max. We said we would match any offer, knowing that no one was going to justify giving him the max with his injury concerns, the fact that he has never proven himself on the court, and the fact that he is rather turnover prone with an iffy shot. Based on potential he is a star, but not a max star. We knew we would match whatever offer came through. We never expected anyone to pay the max, and if they did, we would probably not match. Its not lying... its playing it smart. We want him. He's worth matching. We will match. I don't see the lie, other then the outsider assumption that anyone was going to give him the max... just because he, or you, assumed one thing, doesn't make us a liar on the other hand, does it?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We never said he was worth the max. We said we would match any offer
    Same difference.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I think talentwise he is worth it. Healthwise he won't see that max. Not this year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think talentwise he is worth it. Healthwise he won't see that max. Not this year.
    & I hope not. I hope he signs that qualifying offer and promptly s where everybody eats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what Shaq was doing to Kobe for years.

Yeah... you say that... but you better explain how Shaq was run out of town... lost his wife... and had his jersey retired backwards. Somewhere on a yacht with five rings Kobe is smiling with that cat that swallowed the mouse look on his face.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Same difference.
    It's shown the difference already.
    No team gives him an offer sheet.
    Not to mention the max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i sense sign and trade + picks for greg monroe