Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The girl’s dog wouldn’t quit barking Monday night, so she let him outside. Chad Eric Pickering, 40, was there waiting, crouched beneath a pine tree, prosecutors say. She glimpsed a shadow before she was shot three times.

Pickering, who lives just northwest of Bemidji, targeted the 17-year-old hours after she confronted him about riding his lawn mower through her yard, according to charges filed Wednesday in Beltrami County District Court. He is accused of shooting the girl, whom he described to investigators as “a ,” and faces one count of first-degree attempted murder and 20 years in prison.

The shooting has alarmed the Bemidji community and gained national attention Thursday from advocates for stronger gun control, who called Pickering’s pro-gun Facebook posts disturbing.

Neighbor Brianna Benson, 22, said that the victim, who has not been named, was released from the hospital Thursday. Doctors told her it could be months before she walks again, Benson said. The teen was shot in her upper left chest, right thigh and left ankle....
    http://www.startribune.com/local/268...tml?page=2&c=y

On the bright side, we now have a subplot for next season's Fargo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only there were no guns in the world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your only thought?

lol priorities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    faces one count of first-degree attempted murder and 20 years in prison.
    Only 20 years max for first degree attempted murder? Which means out in 8 at the most?

Pickering is accused of shooting the teen three times at about 10 p.m. Monday while she was standing on the deck of her home in Eckles Township, near Bemidji.
    He told investigators he went to her house, knelt by a tree and waited 15 to 20 minutes until she opened the front door, shooting her twice and then again after she collapsed, according to the complaint.

The maximum penalty for first-degree attempted murder is 20 years in prison.

can you picture some inbred Minnesota lawmakers deciding that pre meditated murder, to the tune of waiting 15 minutes and shooting a person two additional times after they collapse is worthy of 20 years max?
    Last edited by Fabbs; 07-26-2014 at 10:20 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    depends on the race(s) of the victim and attacker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoa, CD started a thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your only thought?

lol priorities
    Is this a high priority for you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if only there were no guns in the world
    straw man, is as big a lie about gun regs as "obama's gonna take all our guns"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a high priority for you?
    No, I was referring to yours since you posted the first and only thing you thought about the story.

You showed your priority, which was to spring into ultra defensive sarcasm mode. Do you understand?

Thread Information