• foul

12 41.38%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes

California man, 80, guns down pregnant home invader: ‘I shot her twice, she best be dead’
    Tom Greer killed the woman after she and a man jumped him and robbed his Long Beach house Tuesday night. The couple fled after he showed his revolver, but the woman was killed as she tried to run away.

BY Sasha Goldstein
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 10:54 PM

KNBC Tom Greer, 80, had no problem killing a pregnant woman after she and a man broke into his Long Beach home Tuesday night.
    They came to the wrong house.

An 80-year-old California retiree shot dead a pregnant woman as she and a male accomplice tried to flee Tuesday night after breaking in and robbing the man’s home in Long Beach.

And Tom Greer has no regrets about plugging the woman with two shots as she begged for her life.

“She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby!' And I shot her anyway," Greer told KNBC-TV.

The elderly man, wearing his arm in a sling Wednesday as he spoke to a reporter, said he came back to his house in the ritzy Bixby Knolls neighborhood Tuesday evening and found the woman and a man ransacking his home.

"When I went in there, they tackled me," Greer told the news station. "Both of them jumped up on top of me."

During the struggle, Greer fell to the ground as the intruders rummaged through a safe. But the man had pocketed his .22-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver in the chaos of the moment.

"I come back and they see me with a gun, and they run," he told the NBC affiliate.

The man took off but the woman stumbled in an alley behind the home. She pleaded for her life as Greer took aim and fired.

"She was dead,” he told KNBC. “I shot her twice, she best be dead ... (The man) had run off and left her."

Cops have yet to identify the dead woman and her accomplice remains on the lam. Greer, meanwhile, was headed to the hospital to have a shoulder and collarbone injury treated, he told a reporter.

The woman collapsed in this alleyway and Greer shot her dead despite her pleas for life.

Greer said it was the first time he had shot a person — but wouldn’t be the last if anyone tries to mess with him again.

"I shot her, so that's going to leave a message on (her accomplice’s) mind for the rest of his life," Greer told the station.

It’s unclear if Greer will face charges in the shooting.

ON A MOBILE DEVICE? CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...hot-best-dead-article-1.1878188#ixzz38PhSfJyL

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Absolutely fair, he didn't know if she was bull ting about being pregnant, and they jumped his ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    [shrug]

Prolly better for the lil' would-be bas in the long run.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Thought the old man was an easy mark, huh?

Serves her right.

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I hope she felt as much pain as possible before dying. She didn't deserve a fast, painless death.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    F@ck her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So she wasn't on his property anymore? Then foul. He wasn't defending his property any longer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    This all could have been avoided had she decided to act like a normal person and not rob people.

True story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    thieves.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    lol i bet the fat jew that wrote the article was so hoping the pregnant intruder was black

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    shouldn't be robbing people if you're pregnant. darwin's law in action tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Thought the old man was an easy mark, huh?

Serves her right.
    This. and her got boyfriend attacked this guy first, so I got no sympathy. her and her dead fetus.

Don't know the law in Cali, but in Texas burglary of an occupied home is a violent offense.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If someone is running off with my , they're gonna catch two unless I miss, pregnant or not.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i doubt she was even pregnant.

@ him repeating her last words in her voice, tho

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yeah, she took the risk but he's probably going on trial for that. Once they start running and are off the property there's no need to shoot. He certainly shouldn't have said anything to the press. That was just stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, she took the risk but he's probably going on trial for that. Once they start running and are off the property there's no need to shoot. He certainly shouldn't have said anything to the press. That was just stupid.
    Looks like he started shooting while they were in his house and then they ran and he shot at them more. Will they have to prove which shots actually hit her?

Damn good thing for the old man that they were white.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really can't get worked up either way about this.

But I'm a little curious where avid pro-lifers stand.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Looks like he started shooting while they were in his house and then they ran and he shot at them more. Will they have to prove which shots actually hit her?
    Looks pretty cut and dry:

During the struggle, Greer fell to the ground as the intruders rummaged through a safe. But the man had pocketed his .22-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver in the chaos of the moment.

"I come back and they see me with a gun, and they run," he told the NBC affiliate.

The man took off but the woman stumbled in an alley behind the home. She pleaded for her life as Greer took aim and fired.

"She was dead,” he told KNBC. “I shot her twice, she best be dead ... (The man) had run off and left her."
    There would probably be some of her blood inside the home had he shot her there. I'm sure there's s strong chance he won't do any time and might even get a jury nullification, but it looks like what he did is against the law just about anywhere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks pretty cut and dry:

There would probably be some of her blood inside the home had he shot her there. I'm sure there's s strong chance he won't do any time and might even get a jury nullification, but it looks like what he did is against the law just about anywhere.
    Greer returned home shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday to find the pair in his home. Both suspects attacked him, hitting him with their fists and ultimately "body slamming" him to the floor, breaking his collar bone, McDonnell said.
    Miller continued to hit him, McDonnell said, while Adams moved to a safe and begin trying to pry it open.
    The homeowner was able to get to another room where he grabbed a gun and returned to open fire on the suspects. They fled through the garage and into an alley, and Greer gave chase, firing at them again outside, McDonnell said.
    Miller was hit, collapsed in the alley and died at the scene, McDonnell said.
    "The lady didn't run as fast as the man, so I shot her in the back twice," Greer told the TV station. "She's dead ... but he got away."
    This is what I was reading. This makes it sound like he started shooting in the house. Then fired at them again outside. I agree that it seems cut and dry but if it goes to trial, it's not going to be.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    lol i bet the fat jew that wrote the article was so hoping the pregnant intruder was black
    no but i'm pretty sure she was a coal burner, hanging around with a burglar nigger. the kid was most likely a little half niglet anyway, no harm no foul.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I really can't get worked up either way about this.

But I'm a little curious where avid pro-lifers stand.
    don't think it matters. in the unlikely yet possible scenario that a pregnant woman was beating the man to death and he shot her in self defense, the existence of the baby has nothing to do with it tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    got what she deserved. Shouldn't have put her unborn child in that situation anyway

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Wait - he chased her down an alley off his property and shot her dead? Yeah he's going to court

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    don't think it matters. in the unlikely yet possible scenario that a pregnant woman was beating the man to death and he shot her in self defense, the existence of the baby has nothing to do with it tbh
    But what about in the actual scenario where he chased her down and executed her in an alley?

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    In Cali one can shoot an intruder inside their own home…Chasing someone down & shooting them 2X’s in the back is another matter…This will be reviewed by the DA…There are mitigating cir stances in this case…The mans home was broken into three times before this…This time he was ruffed up & they broke his collar bone…The guy should have just kept his mouth closed & let it be swept under the carpet…In any case I doubt the 80 year old guy will be charged…

How about the low life who fled & let his girlfriend fend for herself…Darwin award on so many levels...

Thread Information