Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Had a blAst yesterday on the river at Gruene. Roger Creager played on the banks and we set a world record for most people tied together at once. In all my years of toobing ive never seen so many people n so many flashes!! I also want me a stereo icechest now since im always out every where in the summer. Any suggestions of who does a great job building these custom stereos for reasonable price?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    My friend and i built one, were actually taking it out today. It has 6 speakers and a bluetooth radio, ran it off an old car battery. We even divided it into 2 sides, a wet wide and a dry side, so we can still keep our drinks in there. A lot of stereo coolers dont function as coolers anymore, and we were like, what the is the point of making one of those if we cant put our drinks in it? Why not just bring a waterproof radio instead?

Will post pics later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yea

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Had a blAst yesterday on the river at Gruene. Roger Creager played on the banks and we set a world record for most people tied together at once. In all my years of toobing ive never seen so many people n so many flashes!! I also want me a stereo icechest now since im always out every where in the summer. Any suggestions of who does a great job building these custom stereos for reasonable price?
    Guadalupe River.
    Used to raft there all the time while going to college at U.I.W.'
    Used to raft in New Mexico when I went to C.S.F.
    And in New Hampshire when I went to D.C.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Too many fat Mexicans with their broods polluting the rivers in gruene and new braunsfels these days to be enjoyable tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Not a fan of the stereos. Music is always terrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Too many fat Mexicans with their broods polluting the rivers in gruene and new braunsfels these days to be enjoyable tbh
    Ull be happy to know that it seemed like 75% of the population out there tubing were white.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Ull be happy to know that it seemed like 75% of the population out there tubing were white.
    Color has no consequence. Girth, smell, lack of common decency, and quan y of offspring is what I have issues with.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    I highly recommend building your own as well. We made one a couple years ago out of about $200 worth of stuff. Battery was from a riding lawn mower and ours kicked so much ass.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Color has no consequence. Girth, smell, lack of common decency, and quan y of offspring is what I have issues with.
    Dude, if you can't enjoy yourself on the river, you suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If this is your opinion on Mexicans, I'd love to hear what you think of blacks.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not a fan of the stereos. Music is always terrible.
    On this point we agree 100%.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Dude, if you can't enjoy yourself on the river, you suck.
    I used to enjoy the river, until it became polluted - by subhumans and litter

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    If this is your opinion on Mexicans, I'd love to hear what you think of blacks.
    You don't see a lot of blacks tubing. They don't really like to get wet lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I used to have a blast on the Guadalupe too.

We always had a huge group of frat bros and girlfriends/wives and it was always hilarious to watch the girls watching the random chicks flash their racks for our jello shots. Good times.

But I got tired of seeing my drunk ass and my drunk ass friends get beat up by the river.

Luckily the worst that happened to me and g/f, wife was lost keys after tube flipped......and plenty of dudes lost keys, wallets, phones, beers.......but in 2000 we toobed that Saturday of the flood that happened Sunday, and one of the frat kids that came down from Lubbock and was camping along the river, actually had his car swept away.

that was actually ing hilarious.....

But I've seen several near drownings, a couple of broken ankle that got caught in rocks, and the one that made me quit toobing for good: a buddy cut his leg on some rocks that ended with a staph infection, most likely caused by floating in some stagnant water.
    He was in the hospital for several days and had to have surgery. It was ing nasty.

Good times for sure, but yeah, I'm done with it.

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I used to have a blast on the Guadalupe too.

We always had a huge group of frat bros and girlfriends/wives and it was always hilarious to watch the girls watching the random chicks flash their racks for our jello shots. Good times.

But I got tired of seeing my drunk ass and my drunk ass friends get beat up by the river.

Luckily the worst that happened to me and g/f, wife was lost keys after tube flipped......and plenty of dudes lost keys, wallets, phones, beers.......but in 2000 we toobed that Saturday of the flood that happened Sunday, and one of the frat kids that came down from Lubbock and was camping along the river, actually had his car swept away.

that was actually ing hilarious.....

But I've seen several near drownings, a couple of broken ankle that got caught in rocks, and the one that made me quit toobing for good: a buddy cut his leg on some rocks that ended with a staph infection, most likely caused by floating in some stagnant water.
    He was in the hospital for several days and had to have surgery. It was ing nasty.

Good times for sure, but yeah, I'm done with it.
    One of my buddies also got a killer case of river staph on one of my old college trips. He was dumb and spent the weekend in the river despite having a giant gaping scab on his leg.

Maybe I'm just become an old fart with a case of the Good Ol' Days, but I can't stand how crowded and dirty the rivers are now. I live in Colorado now and people treat the rivers here (and outdoors in general) with so much more respect. When I go home to Texas, and head to the Frio or Guadalupe, I'm pretty much disgusted at how people just leave garbage everywhere.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    One of my buddies also got a killer case of river staph on one of my old college trips. He was dumb and spent the weekend in the river despite having a giant gaping scab on his leg.

Maybe I'm just become an old fart with a case of the Good Ol' Days, but I can't stand how crowded and dirty the rivers are now. I live in Colorado now and people treat the rivers here (and outdoors in general) with so much more respect. When I go home to Texas, and head to the Frio or Guadalupe, I'm pretty much disgusted at how people just leave garbage everywhere.
    I was done with tubing after white water rafting on the Snake in 02.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls

It's the fat/lower-middle class Mexicans. They treat Texas like it's Mexico. They know a trip to the river or beach is like a once in a lifetime trip and that they'll never be back to have to look at the trash they just dumped.

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was done with tubing after white water rafting on the Snake in 02.
    I've actually tube sometimes up in Boulder. The water is cold as but still pretty fun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Guadalupe River.
    Used to raft there all the time while going to college at U.I.W.'
    Used to raft in New Mexico when I went to C.S.F.
    And in New Hampshire when I went to D.C.
    Any time I read your post I hear a sax solo at the end, followed by some sunglasses wearing hippie snapping his fingers above his head and saying "groovy"

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Any time I read your post I hear a sax solo at the end, followed by some sunglasses wearing hippie snapping his fingers above his head and saying "groovy"

Groovy, maaan.
    Like, what it is!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Front

Inside

Kinda still wanna make a couple tweaks like building a compartment on the dry side, maybe getting some degreaser and cleaning up the top, but overall we were pretty pleased. Worked well and didnt leak!

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow, you made this?!?!

Too much!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Wow, you made this?!?!

Too much!
    i mean.....why not?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i mean.....why not?
    Wish I had thought of it when I was rafting.

Thread Information