Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any of the NBA teams implement the point forward system, so they didn't have a need to draft KA. Usually point forwards are reserved for really uptempo basketball teams, which are Clippers and Warriors (just off the top of my head right now). Clippers drafting a point forward is counter-intuitive because cp3 is already so ball dominant and Blake Griffin is a pretty good passer already so they don't need KA. Warriors have a log jam at the SF position with Iggy and Barnes, so that's probably why they passed on KA.

Like you said, it's pretty awesome he fell to the Spurs!
    Philly and Atlanta should have been interested, since they run the Spurs system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any of the NBA teams implement the point forward system, so they didn't have a need to draft KA. Usually point forwards are reserved for really uptempo basketball teams, which are Clippers and Warriors (just off the top of my head right now). Clippers drafting a point forward is counter-intuitive because cp3 is already so ball dominant and Blake Griffin is a pretty good passer already so they don't need KA. Warriors have a log jam at the SF position with Iggy and Barnes, so that's probably why they passed on KA.

Like you said, it's pretty awesome he fell to the Spurs!
    A smart team would've drafted him and developed him for a couple of years, as he does look to need a fair bit of physical development. Also, systems change with each new coach, and the smart coaches like Pop even change their systems on the fly as their team and the NBA evolves.

But yeah, more awesomeness for us!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly and Atlanta should have been interested, since they run the Spurs system.
    Atlanta could've benefited a ton by drafting KA. Philly had draft pick #3 and #10; drafting Embiid at 3 was a no brainer. But if I were the Philadelphia FO, I would pass on KA with the #10 pick as well, it was just too high of a pick in too deep of a draft to choose KA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are anathema to science and reading comprehension. You dismiss a quote from Harvard researchers. Then babble a little. Then you fail to realize a whole bunch of what you quote corroborates what I've been telling you. For example, those enzymes you mention, they're proteins. You know what dictates how a protein is made, right? A gene. The very genes you said didn't have anything to do with obesity. You pasted:

...weight is the complex combination of a mul ude of different metabolic processes, from brain systems that regulate appe e to enzymes that control how efficiently calories are turned from food into energy that the body needs.

Not only do you appear to be incapable of reading and understanding what I am writing and have written, you don't even appear to understand basic scientific principles you are attempting to use to bolster your side of the argument. You're disproving your own argument without even knowing it. A wise saying goes: "You should quit while you're ahead." However, in rare instances, you should not take old wisdom to heart. Here it presupposes, erroneously in your case, that you would ever be ahead. You, instead, should always strive to quit while you're behind. The earlier, the better.
    So what you're telling me is that, even though I have an advanced degree in branch of science closely related to nutrition and biology, if harvard funds a study/theory it is a "fact" and all other reading/research/publication is not? Further you cited some article that has typographical and grammatical errors (YES FROM HARVARD) "People with only a moderate genetic predisposition to be overweight have a good chance of losing weight on their own by eating fewer calories and getting more vigorous exercise more often. These people are more likely to be able to maintain this lower weight." ... sigh

Further this junk that you are citing is all over-the-place, relying on evidence such as BMI to judge obesity. If you didnt stop reading there, then you are a moron.

Here's another from harvard that disproves your "proof" from Harvard.... interesting eh?
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-causes/genes-and-obesity/

*fun fact for chumpdumper: multiple references to MUTATIONS

- you arguing anything about nutrition or exercise with me will take more than a google search and copy and paste. I have been studying these concepts and have worked in the field for YEARS.

The irony of your last statement is the best, as I can tell your work with any type of real dietetics or nutrition has been limited to the past 2 days of trying to prove me wrong. Great work... Please, go back to informing us all how you either got it or dont when it comes to other skills...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS there is no such thing as predisposed obesity. just to make it clear. and if you think so, well, you're an idiot.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *fun fact for chumpdumper: multiple references to MUTATIONS
    Genetic changes are unlikely to explain the rapid spread of obesity around the globe. (1) That’s because the “gene pool”—the frequency of different genes across a population—remains fairly stable for many generations. It takes a long time for new mutations or polymorphisms to spread.

That was fun.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genetic changes are unlikely to explain the rapid spread of obesity around the globe. (1) That’s because the “gene pool”—the frequency of different genes across a population—remains fairly stable for many generations. It takes a long time for new mutations or polymorphisms to spread.

That was fun.
    fun for what, totally dismissing CONTEXT. you are not smart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fun for what, totally dismissing CONTEXT. you are not smart
    The context:

The Bottom Line: Healthy Environments and Lifestyles Can Counteract Gene-Related Risks

Fun.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The context:

The Bottom Line: Healthy Environments and Lifestyles Can Counteract Gene-Related Risks

Fun.
    common sense, sad you had to look that up.

here's another - drinks containing limited amounts of sugar will help dehydration

or

eating fiber helps people with digestive tract problems

Chumpdumper should be given an honorary degree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    common sense, sad you had to look that up.
    You posted it, genius.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You posted it, genius.
    maybe you should eat more fiber, you always respond as if you were constipated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe you should eat more fiber, you always respond as if you were constipated.
    On the contrary, I'm ting all over you.

Are you trying to distract from the fact that you indeed posted what I quoted?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary, I'm ting all over you.

Are you trying to distract from the fact that you indeed posted what I quoted?
    not at all. what are "gene related risks?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not at all. what are "gene related risks?"
    Not the mutated ones.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the mutated ones.
    no, i mean specifically, what would be considered a "gene related risk?"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    take your time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, i mean specifically, what would be considered a "gene related risk?"
    i meant specifically not the ones you claimed were mutating when people don't exercise, making them fat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i meant specifically not the ones you claimed were mutating when people don't exercise, making them fat.
    in other words, you dont know what a gene related risk would be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in other words, you dont know what a gene related risk would be?
    I didn't say that. I said specifically what I was talking about.

What part of that are you having trouble with? I am here to help you understand what you are failing to understand.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say that. I said specifically what I was talking about.

What part of that are you having trouble with? I am here to help you understand what you are failing to understand.
    the only thing that you have helped me understand is that you have no idea what you are talking about, and you are easily duped into an argument. I can always count on you to take the bait, and for that, I thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing that you have helped me understand is that you have no idea what you are talking about, and you are easily duped into an argument. I can always count on you to take the bait, and for that, I thank you.
    Of course I know what I am talking about.

I was making fun of your stupid statement that stuck in your craw so badly you had to post my name again when you found an article that merely mentioned mutations but in fact shat all over your original stupid contention again.

Sorry I got to you so badly. Don't be so stupid next time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I know what I am talking about.

I was making fun of your stupid statement that stuck in your craw so badly you had to post my name again when you found an article that merely mentioned mutations but in fact shat all over your original stupid contention again.

Sorry I got to you so badly. Don't be so stupid next time.
    dont be mad man, its only an anonymous message board. breath. relax. your constipation and fuming anger cant be good for your health. maybe you need a break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol tholdren.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope the guy can play against NBA compe ion. I thought he looked very average in the summer league and wasn't even the best guy on the Spurs roster. At this point, I'd be surprised if he makes the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope the guy can play against NBA compe ion. I thought he looked very average in the summer league and wasn't even the best guy on the Spurs roster. At this point, I'd be surprised if he makes the team.
    He has a guaranteed contract for two years, and the Spurs, in this supposed deep draft, only had 20 players graded as first rounders, and he was one of them, so they feel they got him at LEAST 10 spots below where he should have been picked. I think he'll make the team.

Thread Information