Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another dumb take, wow!
    I am beginning to think that ohmwrecker is akin to an idiot, and at the very least a moronic tone deaf nincompoop!

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm gonna listen to hotel cali right now just cuz u said that.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought you weren't responding to me anymore. AND in someone's else's thread at that! Tsk. tsk.
    I decided it was more fun to slap ya around.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am beginning to think that ohmwrecker is akin to an idiot, and at the very least a moronic tone deaf nincompoop!
    He...OBVIOUSLY...doesn't know music.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you guys are so easy.

...but, seriously, The Eagles suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    While there are bands I like better we can't ignore...

copy

They are the fifth-highest-selling music act and highest-selling American band in
    US history. No American band sold more records than the Eagles during the ...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not saying that they didn't masterfully suck and cater to the lowest common denominator of commercial success and mass appeal . . . I said they are horrible.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its a good song. You miss out. But the rest of their stuff sucks, I agree.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not saying that they didn't masterfully suck and cater to the lowest common denominator of commercial success and mass appeal . . . I said they are horrible.
    Well since I can name a few 100 recording artists you or most have never heard of I don't fall into...."mass appeal". They were a good band with a lot of songs that worked. Only an idiot would fail to see that.

Dude, I just mixed...

Bogus Ben Convington
    Vera Hall
    Rollie Lee Johnson
    Frank Evans
    Alec Seaward
    Asa Martin
    Nellie Florence
    Edward Thompson
    Eli Framer
    Jimmie Strothers
    Homer Callahan

......and I think The Eagles are among the top 10 rock bands ever.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We always have those who think reading some obscure author or listening to some obscure artist gives them depth, they are above and beyond Joe Average.

I've heard some old blues cats with one song....no not a record...one song. That's as obscure as it gets. I've also read guys like James Whitehead, who has only one work of any note and it is a must read....JOINER.

But....there is a reason Poe, London, Steinbeck etc get the props they do, and why Robert Johnson is far superior to any old obscure bluesman. They are good.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    I decided it was more fun to slap ya around.
    ^ Welcher with the usuals

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    While there are bands I like better we can't ignore...

copy

They are the fifth-highest-selling music act and highest-selling American band in
    US history. No American band sold more records than the Eagles during the ...
    Britney Spears is one of the best selling artists of all time. I guess she, NSync, and Backstreet Boys have to be considered some of the best musical groups of all time.

This is why no one uses the popularity argument for quality. Because the public is stupid and they buy what's spoon fed to them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What kind of thinks Eagles suck? Lying eyes, New Kid in Town, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Take it easy, Take it to the limit, One of these nights, Hotel California, and many more. GTFO. What bands do you like ohmwrecker?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Eagles are probably in the top 5 American bands. I am not a huge fan, but mostly because the pre-Hotel California stuff all sounds the same and there's just too damn much of it. The addition of Joe Walsh and Tim Schmidt, and their need to compete with their arch rivals and vastly musically superior Steely Dan, resulted in an excellent new sound and of course, one of the greatest records of all time, Hotel California. They had a few good years then, but lost it again due to in fighting and the firing of Don Felder. I went to one of the first Freezes Over shows and it was absolutely wonderful, then went to the show at the ATT Center about 5 years ago and it was an absolute snoozefest. Best part was Joe Walsh doing old James Gang stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What kind of thinks Eagles suck? Lying eyes, New Kid in Town, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Take it easy, Take it to the limit, One of these nights, Hotel California, and many more. GTFO. What bands do you like ohmwrecker?
    I hate the Eagles because they took something good (late sixties/early seventies country/folk rock) and turned into mushy palatable pablum for the masses. They, and their ilk, took all the danger and excitement out of rock and roll and replaced it with a vanilla blandness that led to the self-centered, ego maniacal, artless rock star at ude that penetrated the late seventies and eighties, ruined country music to this very day and prolonged the careers of countless, boring, talentless, commercial, hack musicians who should of never been allowed to record music in the first place. Joe Walsh was the only member of the Eagles with one ounce of rock and roll at ude in his whole body. The rest of those guys are lame, selfish, soulless idiots with no sense of humor and possessing no excitement factor at all.

Thank Allah for punk, without which, rock and roll would have died completely at the hand of the Eagles.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hate the Eagles because they took something good (late sixties/early seventies country/folk rock) and turned into mushy palatable pablum for the masses. They, and their ilk, took all the danger and excitement out of rock and roll and replaced it with a vanilla blandness that led to the self-centered, ego maniacal, artless rock star at ude that penetrated the late seventies and eighties, ruined country music to this very day and prolonged the careers of countless, boring, talentless, commercial, hack musicians who should of never been allowed to record music in the first place. Joe Walsh was the only member of the Eagles with one ounce of rock and roll at ude in his whole body. The rest of those guys are lame, selfish, soulless idiots with no sense of humor and possessing no excitement factor at all.
    sure...but what do you think about the Eagles?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't get me started on the Eagles, man...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so is Linda Ronstadt broke or not? they were talking on the radio like she was but the internets says she's doing OK. other than Parkinson's.
    I like that chick

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like this groovy clip...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so is Linda Ronstadt broke or not? they were talking on the radio like she was but the internets says she's doing OK. other than Parkinson's.
    I like that chick
    Yeah, I don't have anything against her other than her association with the Eagles. At least she prolonged her career by trying different genres and challenging herself. Frey and Henley have played it safe and produced nothing interesting their entire careers. I don't know if she's broke or not. I do know that she got really fat and is basically a shut-in now. It's a shame because she was cute as a button when she was younger. She had a really great voice too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Worst take of all time. Name some of your fav bands.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Do the Eagles claim to be rock and roll? I always felt they were a bit of a country/rock band.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Worst take of all time. Name some of your fav bands.
    Why do I need to justify myself to you? You are widely regarded as a complete and total re .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do the Eagles claim to be rock and roll? I always felt they were a bit of a country/rock band.
    You are stupid and you can't read.

Thread Information