0 0%
  • Chauncey Billups

4 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who is the worst finals MVP of all time?

Please vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite easy choice. No other Finals MVP purported to cement a facade of a legacy, borne of smoke and mirrors and fostered by everything that isn't basketball, than the FMVP injustice of Kobe Bryant. It wrongly put a 2nd fiddle in the pilot's chair, but only after the plane had landed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this poll is intended to on Kobe, but I took it seriously and answered Billups. The 04 Pistons didn't have a true MVP - they were just a great team, much like the 14 Spurs. Kobe is obviously a better player than Billups.

But still, Kobe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    its kirby cuz he has tape, right LkrFan

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Bags...and everything...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is obviously a better player than Billups.
    They played against each other in the 2004 Finals.
    How'd that turn out for Kirby?

Kirbys 2009 rigged MVP >>>>>> more bogus then Billips 2004 team Detroit.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kirby in a landslide.... a cancerous role-player who got dragged kicking and screaming to rings by his teammates, coaches, and Stern was handed two FMVP's simply for being a media ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19, 18, and 2 blocks

9 offensive rebounds in a low scoring game is huge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They played against each other in the 2004 Finals.
    How'd that turn out for Kirby?

Kirbys 2009 rigged MVP >>>>>> more bogus then Billips 2004 team Detroit.
    I'm not going to defend Kobe because my brain is incapable of processing that concept. I'm just not sure if any serious list would have Billups over him, but if you want to be my guest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to defend Kobe because my brain is incapable of processing that concept. I'm just not sure if any serious list would have Billups over him, but if you want to be my guest.
    Kobe did it twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    its kirby cuz he has tape, right LkrFan
    Riiiiiiiiiight.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite easy choice. No other Finals MVP purported to cement a facade of a legacy, borne of smoke and mirrors and fostered by everything that isn't basketball, than the FMVP injustice of Kobe Bryant. It wrongly put a 2nd fiddle in the pilot's chair, but only after the plane had landed.
    Absolute fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the modern era it's probably Kiwi tbh. (at least in this moment in time)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL!! This is so funny cuz it's so true hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love that Kiwi Leonard isnt an option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi Lizard should be an option as he was LeCuck's for the first two games and rode Tammy's back to victory the other 3 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Worst Finals MVP" is extremely difficult to judge, due to the fact that we're talking cir stantial value to a team in critical moments, which is why you couldn't say Kawhi was the worst ever, even if he is lower on the superstar level than other Finals MVPs. For example, Chauncey Billups was hardly a major superstar, but he was imperative to his Pistons to have won, so regardless to him not being Kobe or LeBron, he is not the "worst".

I'd say Jerry West was the worst Finals MVP, due to him being on the team that lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's the worst based on the performance in the Finals series, it's Kobe.

Sure he puts up 27ppg, but on 40% shooting?

On the other hand, there is MVPau, where he posted 19/12/4/3 for the entire series, stood his ground on defense, had a 122 Ortg and a net +21 pts per 100 possessions.

Billups was unquestionably the leader of that Pistons team. He had far and away the best WS for the entire series, the entire Pistons offense was anchored around him. His ORtg in the finals was off the charts (133, while the next best Piston was Rasheed at 114), he played decent defense, and he shooting lights out against the porous Laker perimeter "defense".

Cedric Maxwell was leading the team in scoring, and put up 10 rebounds as a guard vs. the Rockets. The Rockets Malone caused all kinds of problems for Bird, and Parish, and Maxwell, capitalized.

Jo Jo White probably has the next strongest case. It was very similar to what Kobe did vs. the Celtics, where he shot a lot to get the highest scoring average, but his shooting percentage and other aspects of the game were easily eclipsed by a teammate big man (Dave Cowens in this case, who should have been the real MVP). His 33 points in the triple OT win probably won him the award, but from the overall perspective, Dave Cowens was the guy for the series.

Finally, Rick Barry was a great player, people forget that. Monster prick in his days, and probably a worst person than Jordan or Kobe, but he was easily the best player on that Warriors team.

Again, just based on the performance in the finals series, I rank the Finals MVP as follows:
    Barry, Billups, Maxwell, JoJo, Kobe (the last two are real close)

Based on career:
    Kobe, Barry, Billups, Jojo, Maxwell.

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If it's the worst based on the performance in the Finals series, it's Kobe.

Sure he puts up 27ppg, but on 40% shooting?

On the other hand, there is MVPau, where he posted 19/12/4/3 for the entire series, stood his ground on defense, had a 122 Ortg and a net +21 pts per 100 possessions.

Billups was unquestionably the leader of that Pistons team. He had far and away the best WS for the entire series, the entire Pistons offense was anchored around him. His ORtg in the finals was off the charts (133, while the next best Piston was Rasheed at 114), he played decent defense, and he shooting lights out against the porous Laker perimeter "defense".

Cedric Maxwell was leading the team in scoring, and put up 10 rebounds as a guard vs. the Rockets. The Rockets Malone caused all kinds of problems for Bird, and Parish, and Maxwell, capitalized.

Jo Jo White probably has the next strongest case. It was very similar to what Kobe did vs. the Celtics, where he shot a lot to get the highest scoring average, but his shooting percentage and other aspects of the game were easily eclipsed by a teammate big man (Dave Cowens in this case, who should have been the real MVP). His 33 points in the triple OT win probably won him the award, but from the overall perspective, Dave Cowens was the guy for the series.

Finally, Rick Barry was a great player, people forget that. Monster prick in his days, and probably a worst person than Jordan or Kobe, but he was easily the best player on that Warriors team.

Again, just based on the performance in the finals series, I rank the Finals MVP as follows:
    Barry, Billups, Maxwell, JoJo, Kobe (the last two are real close)

Based on career:
    Kobe, Barry, Billups, Jojo, Maxwell.
    Boiled down:::Amy took Tim to the woodshed. Result? 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down:::Amy took Tim to the woodshed. Result? 6
    You see Amy spanking Tim next year, and the Spurs winning #6?

I am sure they are separated, or even divorced, but you, who has a huge interest in Duncan's sex life, would be the expert on this, so I am not going to argue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On another note, Kawhi just put up the best FG% of any Finals MVP in Finals history.

Thread Information