Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    #HeatLIFER
    Another victim to the ego maniac that is Lebronze
    But but Kobe is the only ego maniac in the NBA

The statement issued Monday by Heat owner Micky Arison and sent to season-ticket holders:

While what your Miami HEAT has accomplished in the last four years has been historic, there’s a bigger picture that more clearly defines the success we have enjoyed as a franchise. Since I took control of the team in 1995 and brought Pat Riley in to run our Basketball Operations, the HEAT has made the Playoffs in 16 of those 19 full seasons, with five Eastern Conference les and three NBA championships highlighting those Playoff appearances. The HEAT are one of only seven teams to have won a championship during that span and, of those seven teams, we are one of only four teams to win multiple championships. To get an even better idea of our record of excellence, consider that of the six NBA franchises established at or around the time the HEAT joined the NBA, only one other team has even appeared in the NBA Finals, with only the HEAT winning an NBA le.

From blockbuster trades for Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway and Shaquille O’Neal, to drafting Dwyane Wade, all of whom are future Hall of Famers, to executing the most significant free agency acquisitions in league history when we acquired Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, your Miami HEAT have established themselves as an elite NBA franchise and have maintained a consistent level of on-court excellence, defining our legacy as a championship organization. The fact that we have done all of this before celebrating our 30th Anniversary points out that we are the youngest NBA franchise to achieve this type of success and one of only 15 NBA franchises to win an NBA championship in the league’s 68-year history. And while those accomplishments speak for themselves, I’m here to tell you something else: we are not done; not even close.

Pat Riley is fond of saying that the only thing you can count on in life is change and those that embrace change are best prepared to emerge successfully. So while the names on the back of the jersey may change from time to time, the constant presence of the name “Miami” or “HEAT” on the front guarantees that our goal remains the same: to put a compe ive team on the floor capable of competing for the ultimate prize. As a Miami HEAT fan, this is what you have come to expect from us. We are laser-focused on the present and the task at hand of defending our Eastern Conference championship with the East being described as “wide open,” while also positioning ourselves for maximum flexibility and maneuverability in the future.

Our returning core, led by three-time NBA champions Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, two-time champion and nine-time NBA All-Star Chris Bosh, two-time champions Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole and NBA champion and fan-favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen have once again shown their commitment to winning by doing what is necessary for the benefit of the team. In addition, we welcome NBA All-Stars Luol Deng and Danny Granger, versatile veteran big man Josh McRoberts, two-time NCAA champion Shabazz Napier and exciting young talents like James Ennis and Justin Hamilton, who are coming off of very impressive showings at both the Orlando and Las Vegas NBA Summer Leagues. Our roster is comprised of players capable of versatility and who are out to prove something to the rest of the league.

Like Dwyane said when he announced his return to the HEAT, I am a #HEATLifer. That’s how I want you to feel about your role as a Miami HEAT fan -- that you are a #HEATLifer – “all in” with us for what is sure to be an exciting 2014-15 season and an incredibly bright future where we will look to add to our three NBA championships.

Micky Arison
    #HEATLifer
    Last edited by Thebesteva; 07-28-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Bragging about having Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, and Napier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's some subject-verb agreement.

Jesus.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bragging about having Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, and Napier
    Haslem-3, CP3-

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Haslem contributed more to his 3 than Kirby contributed to "his" 5

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Certainly still more than what Chris Paul contributed when it mattered tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That last sentence

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    all i see is "muh feels "

dude needs to suck it up and realize that lebron bailed from that sinking ship

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Arison
    Costa Concordia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Translation: It's over. Please still buy tickets."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kenny The Jet! Smith-2, CP3 -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's he gonna say? Don't buy tickets we're gonna suck?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, nonsense specially when he names Wheelchair and his coons, Shaq was there then Negron but right now they have Shabazz EPIC FAIL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's he gonna say? Don't buy tickets we're gonna suck?
    Good point NO NO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time in my life that the phrase "Nba champion" seems worthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I thought Miami was still a stacked team without LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ Khaled? That you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat fans. Its pretty sad when the opposing team feels sorry for you in the Finals not because they are raping the out of you, but because your piece of fanbase booed your team off their own homecourt in their last game together after such a great 4 year run.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Well I thought it was a good post that summed up just how much this young franchise has done in just a short period of time. No hard feelings re: Lebron but keep it moving. A good mature and level-headed reaction, unlike Dan Gilbert.

Whatever ghostwriter wrote that last paragraph should be fired, though, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ass bleeding

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do owners feel compelled to write sorry-ass letters every time LeBron leaves their team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bandwagon fans that bought LeHeat jerseys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Mario Chalmers is a HEATLifer with that sorry ass fanbase. They deserve each other.

Thread Information