Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The courts have been slapping around this administration lately. Eric Holder is a piece of .

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...claim-n1873165

BREAKING: Judge Orders DOJ to Release Fast and Furious Do ents Withheld From Congress Under Obama Executive Privilege Claim
    Jul. 31, 2014
    Thanks to a Freedom of Information Act Lawsuit pursued against the Department of Justice by government watchdog Judicial Watch, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has ruled do ents being withheld from Congress under President Obama's claim of executive privilege must be turned over. Obama made the claim on the same day Attorney General Eric Holder was voted in criminal and civil contempt of Congress in June 2012.

"This order forces the Obama DOJ, for the first time, to provide a detailed listing of all do ents that it has withheld from Congress and the American people for years about the deadly Fast and Furious gun running scandal," Judicial Watch released in a statement.

The FOIA lawsuit has been ongoing for 16-months and is now proceeding after a lengthy delay. The Justice Department originally asked the court for an indefinite hold on a FOIA request from Judicial Watch, citing executive privilege and an ongoing investigation. That indefinite hold request was shot down more than a year ago.

The do entation DOJ is required to now turn over is a "Vaughn index" of "all requested Fast and Furious materials from a June 2012 Judicial Watch FOIA request."

A Vaughn index must: (1) identify each do ent withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption." In ordering the DOJ to provide Judicial Watch the Vaughn index, the Court ruled, “In this circuit, when an agency is withholding do ents under exemption claims, courts require that the agency provide a Vaughn index so that the FOIA requester – at a distinct informational disadvantage – may test the agency’s claims.”
    “Once again, Judicial Watch has beat Congress to the punch in getting key information about another Obama scandal – this time, the Fast and Furious outrage,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. “A federal court has ordered the Obama administration to produce information that could, for the first time, provide specific details who in the administration is responsible for Fast and Furious lies to Congress and the American people. This is a battle that put Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, saw Nixonian assertions of executive privilege by Barack Obama, and a hapless Congress in face of all this lawlessness. Finally, we may get some accountability for Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and the countless others murdered as a result of the insanely reckless Obama administration program.”

This is a huge step forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still with this? Nothing is going to happen. Executive privilege extends to the judiciary too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still worth looking into, especially since HNIC is exploiting children for the sequel.
    Still with this? Nothing is going to happen. Executive privilege extends to the judiciary too.
    did you get a law degree for the sports agency business or computer stuff?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still worth looking into, especially since HNIC is exploiting children for the sequel.

did you get a law degree for the sports agency business or computer stuff?
    both, tbh... plus I figured some posters here might eventually need representation

j/k don't have a law degree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both, tbh... plus I figured some posters here might eventually need representation
    good stuff. i always wanted to work towards one simply to know my way around the law and contracts better. maybe I would be better off studying legalese since I'm really not very argumentative . if i ever have any law questions I might send you a PM, don't worry I won't overdo it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good stuff. i always wanted to work towards one simply to know my way around the law and contracts better. maybe I would be better off studying legalese since I'm really not very argumentative . if i ever have any law questions I might send you a PM, don't worry I won't overdo it.
    I actually grew up in a family of lawyers and even a judge. I always had a good amount of curiosity over the legal system and law in general. It's not rare to find myself reading court opinions from time to time. http://www.scotusblog.com is actually pretty cool when looking at SCOTUS transcripts and opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually grew up in a family of lawyers and even a judge. I always had a good amount of curiosity over the legal system and law in general. It's not rare to find myself reading court opinions from time to time. http://www.scotusblog.com is actually pretty cool when looking at SCOTUS transcripts and opinions.
    thanks. i'll try to check it out. i figure the better I can understand the law, legalese etc....the better I can avoid bs fine print that screws you over, or to have a better idea of how the politicians are screwing us over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    republicans dont even care about the events of fast and furious, they just want to throw on the Oblamo administration

same with benghazi, with the fake butthurt. i just love the show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    republicans dont even care about the events of fast and furious, they just want to throw on the Oblamo administration

Agreed 100%. Especially when you have political groups behind these suits.

That's doesn't mean both incidents are not de able and reprehensible though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed 100%. Especially when you have political groups behind these suits.

That's doesn't mean both incidents are not de able and reprehensible though.
    yep, think we're on the same page on this one. i probably came off more insensitive about the benghazi incident than i intended
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-01-2014 at 02:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That is an incredibly ignorant over generalization.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Lie

The Repugs don't give about subjects of their faked outrage, their bogus scandals.

They don't give a about governing, since their "philosophy" is that all government (that doesn't enrich themselves and their paymasters) is illegitimate.

Starting from the fundamental concept that all opposition to, differences with Repugs is simply illegitimate, they deny the Dems any legitimacy, they reflexively block EVERYTHING from the Dems, even when it originated with the Repugs/conservatives (eg, health insurance mandate).

And you Repug right-wing bubba redneck redstate assholes elect these Repug assholes repeatedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of us actually care that the US Government was intentionally arming the Mexican drug cartels with thousands of assault rifles with no control or tracking on the Mexican side. It really IS a big thing.

I want the idiots that authorized that fired at the very least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of us actually care that the US Government was intentionally arming the Mexican drug cartels with thousands of assault rifles with no control or tracking on the Mexican side. It really IS a big thing.

I want the idiots that authorized that fired at the very least.
    you didn't give when dubya and the Repugs did it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benghazi? There were a lot more attacks on and murders of US diplomats under dubya, but Repugs said absolutely nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ing idiot.

The operation you refer to was done IN CONJUNCTION with the Mexican military/authorities and the guns were TRACKED on the other side of the border.

Fast and Furious was just sending them in with no tracking and without the knowledge/cooperation of the Mexican government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well of course I'm generalizing

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Assuming your premise is accurate, that makes it ok for Obama to do it then?

It's better to be a hypocrite than to proudly wear your immorality on your sleeve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming your premise is accurate, that makes it ok for Obama to do it then?

It's better to be a hypocrite than to proudly wear your immorality on your sleeve.
    No sense assuming. His premise is not accurate. He is trying to equate Fast and Furious with a Bush era sting where the US and Mexican authorities worked together and the Mexicans tracked the guns to their destination after they crossed the border and actually made arrests. There is no comparison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No sense assuming. His premise is not accurate. He is trying to equate Fast and Furious with a Bush era sting where the US and Mexican authorities worked together and the Mexicans tracked the guns to their destination after they crossed the border and actually made arrests. There is no comparison.
    but the Americans figured out the MX police/govt were penetrated and corrupted by the drug cartels, so were no longer a partner.

btw, until proven otherwise, I'm sure US gun mfrs and dealers sell, with "plausible deniability" and well-covered traceability of course, Ms of guns and ammo that end up in the bad "folks" hands. The entire 2nd Amendment scam is a cover for selling everything to everybody. When it comes to death merchants, there never was, is not morality or ethics. It's all and only about the Benjamins.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If fast and furious was clearly a huge violation of any laws, who thinks Eric Holder would actually take notice?

Attorney General extraordinaire...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NRA Falsely Claims That Obama Gave “El Chapo” A Sniper Rifle

A National Rifle Association video falsely claims that President Obama gave Mexican drug trafficker “El Chapo” a .50-caliber sniper rifle in order to claim that the president may be on the “side” of drug cartels.

But the NRA video never mentioned that the gun in question was manufactured by an NRA board member or that the NRA has strongly opposed efforts to ban the sale of .50-caliber sniper rifles.

The class of firearm is “among the most destructive weapons legally available to civilians” and has been linked by law enforcement to “terrorism, outlaw motorcycle gangs, international and domestic drug trafficking, and violent crime.”

In an April 15 video, NRA News commentator Dana Loesch criticized President Obama over news reportsthat a .50-caliber sniper rifle associated with Operation Fast and Furious was recovered at the hideout of Joaquín Guzmán Loera, who is widely known as “El Chapo,” following the narcotrafficker’s January arrest.

Fast and Furious was a failed Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) operation to track firearms sold to traffickers at retail stores in the United States to high-level drug cartel figures in Mexico. The ATF lost track of many of the guns after they crossed the border, and the operation, which was terminated in 2011, became public knowledge after one of the guns was used to kill a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

Fast and Furious was spun off of the botched Bush administration Operation Wide Receiver, which also failed to track trafficked guns to high-level targets.

While an independent investigation found that the failure of Fast and Furious was due to “flawed” tactical decisions on the ground,

the NRA has long conspiratorially claimed that Obama and former Attorney General Eric Holder hatched the operation as a secret plot to cause violence in Mexico and thus justify more restrictive gun laws in the United States.

In NRA video, Loesch claimed, “El Chapo did not get that .50-cal from a [concealed handgun license] holder in Texas; he got it from Barack Obama and Eric Holder,” before asking, “Who's side are they on?”

It is well-established that Obama and Holder were not aware of Fast and Furious while the operation was underway. While the NRA continues to push conspiracies about the operation, even Rep.

Darrell Issa (R-CA), the primary congressional investigator into the failed sting,
    has said it is
    “important” to acknowledge that an independent investigation found that Holder was unaware of the program during its existence.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/04...rica+-+Blog%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depar...ious-do ents

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    woohoo!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably won't be massive at all.

Unless you're saying Horowitz is incompetent or corrupt.

Thread Information