My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfair question, tbh.
    Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a 1 v 1? Kawhi. Kawhi would just back Manu down in the block over and over like he does with most smaller defenders than him. Meanwhile Kawhi would make it harder on Manu defensively than Manu on him. That's not to say Manu wouldn't excel because I believe he would. Nobody 1 v 1 could contain him. But Manu gives up little to much size and length defensively.

Nobody mistake this for KL > Manu as complete basketball players on a team. In that case, '05 Manu was clearly superior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a 1 v 1? Kawhi. Kawhi would just back Manu down in the block over and over like he does with most smaller defenders than him. Meanwhile Kawhi would make it harder on Manu defensively than Manu on him. That's not to say Manu wouldn't excel because I believe he would. Nobody 1 v 1 could contain him. But Manu gives up little to much size and length defensively.

Nobody mistake this for KL > Manu as complete basketball players on a team. In that case, '05 Manu was clearly superior.
    Eh I tend to disagree. I think a prime Ginobili would get some steals on Kawhi 1 on 1 in the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok we get it. You're a manu . Stop already.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok we get it. You're a manu . Stop already.
    Messi choking in the World Cup-esque bomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is one of the greatest perimeter defenders in league history. This is almost like asking would Manu be able to beat Pippen in a 1-1. NEGATORY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu would win. People forget that he destroyed Prince back in 2005. At that time, Prince had a reputation of being a great perimeter defender. Let us remember Manu´s numbers those playoffs: 20.8 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.2 assts and 1.2 steals in 33 minutes. He shot 51 from the field and 44 from three. He had a TS of 652, an EFG of 580 and a PER of 25. Those are superstar numbers. With more minutes, around 37 or 38, he would have scored around 23-24 points with ease. He was possesed that year. He never came close to replicate that lever of play. We are talking about PEAK Manu Ginobili. The only SG´s that I saw play better than that version of him are Wade, Kobe and Mike. In the Olympics, he scored 29 points in 12 shots against USA, while being defended by Wade most of the time. Young wade, an elite athlete even by NBA standards. And while Leonard is a great and developing player, he is nowhere Scottie Pippen, please. He is stronger, yes, no doubt. But he is a weak ballhandler and Gino was great at getting steals. People tend to forget that Manu´s first step was amazing. He blew by every possible defender at that time, with Ron Artest being the only exception I can remember right now.

Till the wheels fall off. iManu's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu (unless Kawhi can develop handles and a devastating first step). Though Tony has handles and a devastating first step, you don't have to respect his 3. If Tony had a 3, he'd probably be a good match for Manu (offensively in a 1-on-1), but he's too little and his D is predictable (unlike Manu's).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu would win. People forget that he destroyed Prince back in 2005. At that time, Prince had a reputation of being a great perimeter defender. Let us remember Manu´s numbers those playoffs: 20.8 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.2 assts and 1.2 steals in 33 minutes. He shot 51 from the field and 44 from three. He had a TS of 652, an EFG of 580 and a PER of 25. Those are superstar numbers. With more minutes, around 37 or 38, he would have scored around 23-24 points with ease. He was possesed that year. He never came close to replicate that lever of play. We are talking about PEAK Manu Ginobili. The only SG´s that I saw play better than that version of him are Wade, Kobe and Mike. In the Olympics, he scored 29 points in 12 shots against USA, while being defended by Wade most of the time. Young wade, an elite athlete even by NBA standards. And while Leonard is a great and developing player, he is nowhere Scottie Pippen, please. He is stronger, yes, no doubt. But he is a weak ballhandler and Gino was great at getting steals. People tend to forget that Manu´s first step was amazing. He blew by every possible defender at that time, with Ron Artest being the only exception I can remember right now.
    Can't be proven any better than this. Solid post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '05 Manu is just so much better of a dribbler than Kawhi and in a game of one on one, that's pretty important.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu

Way too much diversity in his game.
    That Manu has a shot at beating anyone close to his size.
    Kobe included.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That being said, so does Lance Stephenson.

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu by far!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu - coz Kawhi can't reach that left handed tear drop/hook shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf is with 1v1's that gives you a hard-on?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu 2005

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu could name the score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both on TP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The goods tbh.

Thread Information