Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    great assumption. A heavy pass team will have a receiver with superior statistics than a player with a heavy rushing offense. In terms of efficiency, I don't think so.

Don't look at yards with Brees.. his system will make sure his numbers are pretty. Look at advanced statistics. He started declining as the season went on. He's a great player.. he's no Tom or Peyton.
    Saints won't be as pass heavy this season. They're going to run the ball alot more just like they did in the playoffs.

And you don't know what the you're talking about when it comes to efficiency. You're just talking out of your ass.

Cooks is a more polished receiver than Benjamin who was arguably a reach at the end of the first round. The Saints can line up Cooks anywhere on the field. He would be more "efficient" than Benjamin if on the Panthers.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Saints won't be as pass heavy this season. They're going to run the ball alot more just like they did in the playoffs.

And you don't know what the you're talking about when it comes to efficiency. You're just talking out of your ass.

Cooks is a more polished receiver than Benjamin who was arguably a reach at the end of the first round. The Saints can line up Cooks anywhere on the field. He would be more "efficient" than Benjamin if on the Panthers.
    I know that Brees passes were sailing off against Seattle and later in the year (NE, @ CAR).

Cooks is small and will be thrown off the ball a lot. He will have pretty numbers because of the system. Benjamin has the most raw talent and most potential of ALL the receivers (except Mike Evans), and has the biggest hands and I believe the highest vertical in the draft.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I know that Brees passes were sailing off against Seattle and later in the year (NE, @ CAR).

Cooks is small and will be thrown off the ball a lot. He will have pretty numbers because of the system. Benjamin has the most raw talent and most potential of ALL the receivers (except Mike Evans), and has the biggest hands and I believe the highest vertical in the draft.
    Brees will be fine. The o-line was awful overall last season, but will be a lot better this year due to change in personal and development of the young LT Armstead who took over late in the season. Plus, running the ball more will take pressure off of Brees and allow for bigger plays on play-action.

Cooks is very polished with his route-running, hands, and breakaway speed. He's having a monster camp so far. With him, Colston, Stills, and Graham out wide, teams will be ed especially when the running game gets going.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Brees will be fine. The o-line was awful overall last season, but will be a lot better this year due to change in personal and development of the young LT Armstead who took over late in the season. Plus, running the ball more will take pressure off of Brees and allow for bigger plays on play-action.

Cooks is very polished with his route-running, hands, and breakaway speed. He's having a monster camp so far. With him, Colston, Stills, and Graham out wide, teams will be ed especially when the running game gets going.
    We will have to agree to disagree.

I will note, though, you are the first person I have ever met to dismiss a team that won the entire division last year (after starting 1-3 and came back five games on your team). You can be a Saints fan, but you cannot dismiss the growth in our defense, running game, and Cam. He won us 5 games last year. Anything is possible, and I agree we have the toughest division in the NFC (close to the West, though), but the Bucs being the scariest team? To the SAINTS? Ha, come on.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    We will have to agree to disagree.

I will note, though, you are the first person I have ever met to dismiss a team that won the entire division last year (after starting 1-3 and came back five games on your team). You can be a Saints fan, but you cannot dismiss the growth in our defense, running game, and Cam. He won us 5 games last year. Anything is possible, and I agree we have the toughest division in the NFC (close to the West, though), but the Bucs being the scariest team? To the SAINTS? Ha, come on.
    I'm only dismissing the Panthers because they didn't improve and may have gotten worse overall where Tampa improved at a ton of positions and with a proven winner at head coach. The Panthers didn't make enough upgrades at weak positions like DBs and WRs. That puts more pressure on Cam and the front 7. And then the Saints went out and improved all over and also have a young team which will improve. The Saints are consensus favorites to win the division and are Super Bowl contenders due to potentially improving a top 5 offense and defense. Some Saints analysts that this may be the best team on paper in team history.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Don't forget, the Falcons win the division the year before and pretty much fell flat on their faces due to not improving on glaring weaknesses. And that was with a healthy Matt Ryan.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Don't forget, the Falcons win the division the year before and pretty much fell flat on their faces due to not improving on glaring weaknesses. And that was with a healthy Matt Ryan.
    & an unhealty 21 other players

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    & an unhealty 21 other players
    Regardless, that team was and still is a 9-10 win team at best.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    imo it's pretty obvious it will be saints vs pats/broncos.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    meow lyfe with the homer bads

I don't see a scenario where the Panthers don't regress this season.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    meow lyfe with the homer bads

I don't see a scenario where the Panthers don't regress this season.
    they should be a bottom 5 team tbqmfh

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I see Frizzle's meltdown thread in the Club got deleted

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Panthers lost talent at the offensive line and secondary while they didn't really improve any of their units. Unless Benjamin has a really productive rookie campaign, there's no aspect of their game that has gotten better. I don't hate cam like most of the forum does, but scrub inevitably gives him homer treatment. They can still contend for a wildcard spot but I wouldn't bet on them to make it. They could be like last years cards

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Panthers lost talent at the offensive line and secondary while they didn't really improve any of their units. Unless Benjamin has a really productive rookie campaign, there's no aspect of their game that has gotten better. I don't hate cam like most of the forum does, but scrub inevitably gives him homer treatment. They can still contend for a wildcard spot but I wouldn't bet on them to make it. They could be like last years cards
    Yeah but don't forget about the "much-needed playoff experience" they gained in one game where they got butt ed.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Yeah but don't forget about the "much-needed playoff experience" they gained in one game where they got butt ed.
    Remember when Joe Flacco got that contract that everyone knew was the worst contract in NFL history, and followed that up by somehow choking the following season to the point where Ray Rice knocked his wife out?

Post Count
    Remember when Joe Flacco got that contract that everyone knew was the worst contract in NFL history, and followed that up by somehow choking the following season to the point where Ray Rice knocked his wife out?
    Remember when Joe Flacco won more playoff games in a year than Newton has won in his entire career?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    One of the dumbest posts, even for your standards. You win a SB (and have the best statistical playoff run in NFL history in the process) during your contract year, you're gonna get paid--did you really think he wasn't? Cam will get similar money for 0 playoff wins

Also, the Ravens were working on their 8th win when DeAndre Levy took a cheapshot at Flacco's knee. Nevermind that he had basically 1.5 targets to throw to all year, and no 3rd-down guy with Boldin gone and Pitta injured. So a one-legged Flacco wasn't able to beat the 11-win Bengals or 12-win Pats to close the year...yeah, his legacy is sealed.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Flacco wasn't able to beat the 11-win Bengals

Post Count
    Career Playoff Wins:

Flacco: 9
    : ZERO

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    they won close games... so what? The point is.. they WON them. The past two years before that we were 2-17 in 3 point games. We won, what, 5 straight? Against NE and @ SF. We also beat NO and MIA during a stretch.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You won't find me as a defender of that contract, but it will still be seen as a better one then almost every contract signed by QBs for the next couple of years. Romo's and Cutler's deals instantly supplanted Flacco's, and Newton's is going to look even more silly since it's completely hype-driven.

It's funny how Flacco's horrible choking season would still be the second-best season Newton has ever had.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Anyway, I do think the Falcons are going to return to their winning ways next season. I don't believe they're an elite team at all, but they can certainly put forth a better effort and get to 11 wins. The Eagles can probably get to double-digit win this year, and the Cowboys and Skins have improved upon their biggest weaknesses. Even if the Panthers fall (which is not guaranteed), the NFC looks to be even stronger. People forget that the Niners were struggling to make the playoffs until the last week or two of the season last year. It may not take much decline from them to miss out this year. I also think they're getting ready to implode, but that's for the season to decide.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Falcons have a rough last month or so, it's brutal...

Arizona
    at GB
    Pitt
    at NO
    Carolina

They could easily lose three of those. The best I can do is 7-9.

Thread Information