Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Connor Shaw showed me more tonight than Man /Hoyer combined.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Just watched the game after missing it live

rg3 started off pretty nice tbh, went through his reads and made great throws. He did have that really IN re ed pick where he should've thrown it away

this mother er will never learn how to slide either and the concerns of him not playing the full season is real. is just too in selfish to slide IMO

Alfred had a dumbass drop.

D looked good good but then again Cleveland was ing garbage at QB.
    I thought cornbread looked good too. has all the tools to dominate if someone would just teach him how to slide properly.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    That scrub Hoyer passed for 16 yds and 2 completions, one of which was a lateral pass to end the half, and all anyone can talk about is Football's struggles.

Greatness is polarizing tbh.
    Manziel has no business playing in a real man's league....its only going to get worse for him

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    lol letting s get in your head in a meaningless preseason game. and at Manziel over Clowney

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    all those people who bought ball jerseys

Meanwhile, my battle red Clowney jersey should be arriving soon.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    all those people who bought ball jerseys
    Browns should let those poor saps trade them in for a Shaw jersey....

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Kelvin Reynolds ‏@Fox6Kelvin 2h
    Redskins Safety Ryan Clark says Manziel flipped off their bench after they told him "this isn't college anymore and we're faster than you."

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Redskins Safety Ryan Clark says Manziel flipped off their bench after they told him "this isn't college anymore and we're faster than you."

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Holy crap, that's awesome. And it's true.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Ryan Clark is probably the slowest defensive back in the league

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    I think orakpo said it. He also taunted him on the kerrigan sack with the money sign thing

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Ryan Clark is probably the slowest defensive back in the league
    roman harper

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    A few thoughts...

-Of the 3 main QBs in this draft (Bridge, JFF, and Bortles), it's pretty evident that NONE of them have an NFL arm yet. Don't even try to argue otherwise--they clearly can't stretch the field without heaving their whole body into a throw, which at that point the safety has time to recognize and recover. Bortles has played the best so far, Bridgewater's last game was impressive, and Johnny's outings have been pretty uninspiring to say the least. Obviously, you gotta be careful with preseason judgments, but certain things do stand out as far as what a player's learning curve might be.

1. Bortles - I definitely wanna see more of this kid--he's showed anticipation, good touch on his passes, and accuracy. Footwork is already ahead of where it should be. Would very much like to see him start and get thrown to the wolves--he's one of the ones that could benefit from the early experience given what he's already showed. Then again, he might get murdered.

2. Bridgewater - Give him starter minutes the next 2 preseason games. If he builds on his second performance there may be a controversy brewing in Minny too. Ultimately, it's who do Rudolph, Patterson, and Jennings most want throwing them the ball, imo.

3. Johnny - His footwork and pocket presence have been terrible--and no, I'm not just referring to his read option gimmickry in Game 1. Credit to the Cleveland coaching staff for keeping him in the pocket this game to evaluate his NFL readiness--and boy was it hard to watch. He was a one-read QB who didn't attempt a pass over 10 yds--but most alarmingly--HE WAS TAKING SACKS IN MAX PROTECT. I mean...seriously?

Hoyer has been hot garbage as well, but unlike Bortles--JFF has shown no positive signs that warrant him getting thrown to the wolves right off the bat. I'm not even in the Legion of JFF haters here--I hope he succeeds because better QB play makes the NFL a more fun product. But let Hoyer fall on the sword this season (he'll fail), cause if you put Johnny out there now he'll fail spectacularly. Let him sit, watch, and learn. A true JFF fan would not want him exposed this early in such an ugly, unwinnable situation.

Btw, ESPN will have a field day with the middle finger , but I really don't care about it (he's a young kid, so what?). What's more important is that Ryan Clark hit JFF with some nuclear truthbombs. Welcome to the pros, Johnny--you can outrun cornfed texas whiteboys but you ain't outrunning NFL niggerbeasts
    Last edited by DD; 08-19-2014 at 04:02 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    kinda fair. bortles hasn't really been driving the ball but he's still been effective competing passes 15+ yards down the field.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Cleveland is also guaranteed 0-3 out the gate:
    @ Steelers
    Saints
    Ravens

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    Post Count
    It's the second week of preseason and you already made up y'all mind about some of these players?

Pathetic. Can't y'all wait till week 4 at least to analyze their play?

ryan leaf balled out his rookie year in preseason. That should end all this talk.
    Last edited by Kool Bob Love; 08-19-2014 at 06:32 PM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Practice squad size upped to 10 for 2014 and 2015 seasons.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I cannot believe some of the stuff I'm hearing/reading pertaining to preseason football, it's amazing.

Preseason isn't about winning football games at all. It has ..0...to do with scorong more points than your opponet. It's all about looking at players and new schemes.

I actually heard....what is wrong with the Niners.....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see.....ah.....not playing most the starters or game planning........?

I just shake my head.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-19-2014 at 08:19 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    stealers have done a draft as it is expected of them, however they don't look like they are ready to be compe ive yet.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    don rivera may be even more boring than josh mc daniels...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    MJD still has it

unfortunately we can't stop a nosebleed aka abandon the run in the 2nd quarter

Thread Information