Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't consult 3 doctors. The Spurs doctors were one of the three you're counting, who gave him the more accurate and less reckless and risky advice, and he immediately dismissed it and went searching for a doctor that wouldn't give that opinion so that he could "cut" his healing time. Now that his gambit failed, and he has aggravated his his injury, you aren't so adamant about his right to play and practice with the NT. Typical.
    Is really not that hard to understand, the spurs had their agenda, and Manu had his, if he would have been healed by the 40 days he would had every right to play, but as he wasnīt healed, he didnīt have the right, his contract is clear about it. He didnīt agravated his injury by "reckless behavior", he only took all the steps to fulfill his agenda.

And, not so risky for The Spurs, after all, with regard to Becky. Just risky for herself, ok.

I am quite happy with your revisionist history and modified opinions.
    Man, i wish I was happy as you, but is just exhausting answering to every false interpretation you make. I donīt know how the other guys make the time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not so surprising, they've been entertaining you all morning.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is nothing but the Spurs finding an outlier like they always do, to paraphrase
    she knows when to shut up
    Seriously how many women know when to shut up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omnipresent sexism and misogyny. Y'all should be embarrassed as a fanbase.
    Go jerk off to your young core got.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously how many women know when to shut up?
    How many people know when to shut up?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is really not that hard to understand, the spurs had their agenda, and Manu had his, if he would have been healed by the 40 days he would had every right to play, but as he wasnīt healed, he didnīt have the right, his contract is clear about it. He didnīt agravated his injury by "reckless behavior", he only took all the steps to fulfill his agenda.

Man, i wish I was happy as you, but is just exhausting answering to every false interpretation you make. I donīt know how the other guys make the time.
    And, yes, he did reaggravate it. It is well-reported that by attempting to begin training too early, he began to experience pain. That pain is accompanied by inflammation. In your world that is no reaggravation. For those of us living in reality, yes. He took greater risk. Nothing you've said refutes this. But, you've said Becky isn't much of a risk to The Spurs, just herself, so moot point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it wasn't just for the Olympics. In Russia where she played during WNBA offseason, they have a rule of max. 2 Americans on the team's roster. So by having non American passport, she became more valuable to her team because it gave them chance to have 3 Americans on board. Not the only one who did that, see Bird, Nolan...
    Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.
    This is also where Leo's argument falls apart. He's saying that she doesn't look good on paper as a premise, but she has quite a resume. The only place where her resume is lacking is NBA experience and coaching experience. It may be that no woman ever plays in the NBA, so to use NBA experience as a criteria would preclude all women from ever coaching in the NBA. That could come off as a tad-bit sexist. Regarding coaching experience, she had a coaching internship with the very team that is hiring her. They can make a mistake, it's not that they have an aura of "they can't do anything wrong", it is more like: Who would be the better judge of whether or not she can do the job of an assistant, Leo, some scrub on a message board, or The Spurs, with an excellent track record, who she has already interned for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omnipresent sexism and misogyny. Y'all should be embarrassed as a fanbase.
    this coming from the fanbase that practices polygamy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I maintain my position, hiring Becky can go right or wrong (mostly for her) but if it goes wrong, it will be because her experience in the WNBA didnīt translate on to the NBA, not because she is a woman.
    Then, wouldn't it make more sense to hire her to coach the Stars? I find it hard to believe that she is MORE qualified to coach in the NBA than in the WNBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even further, Leo, now that you've moved the goal-posts, and said that the major risk is for Becky, not The Spurs, how about of of those good ol' internet wagers:

I'll wager that this job is so UNrisky for Becky that she gets another year as assistant with The Spurs, or moves on to another assistant job or head coaching job (professional or college, Olympic, WNBA or International), after this year with The Spurs is up, barring her death or serious injury or illness. If neither of these things occurs, I will never post again. If it does occur, you admit it wasn't all that risky at all by never posting again?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is also where Leo's argument falls apart. He's saying that she doesn't look good on paper as a premise, but she has quite a resume. The only place where her resume is lacking is NBA experience and coaching experience. It may be that no woman ever plays in the NBA, so to use NBA experience as a criteria would preclude all women from ever coaching in the NBA. That could come off as a tad-bit sexist. Regarding coaching experience, she had a coaching internship with the very team that is hiring her. They can make a mistake, it's not that they have an aura of "they can't do anything wrong", it is more like: Who would be the better judge of whether or not she can do the job of an assistant, Leo, some scrub on a message board, or The Spurs, with an excellent track record, who she has already interned for?
    lol, i donīt know where this obsession is coming from, but you keep twisting my words to pick up some reaction. Please quote me saying the spurs shouldnīt hire Becky or try to troll someone else, you are making me break my post count average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear she's the new layup coach.

. . . a couple of guys could use it tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then, wouldn't it make more sense to hire her to coach the Stars? I find it hard to believe that she is MORE qualified to coach in the NBA than in the WNBA.
    Sounds a lot like "keep 'em in the kitchen". If they think she is qualified enough to be an ASSISTANT in the NBA, then I am sure they believe that she is qualified to do similar work in the WNBA. The question is: Must she remain there. They don't seem to think so. When this happened, it didn't even move my needle. Gave it a big "meh". Not surprised at some of the meltdown on ST. That's what we do here. But, I am pretty sure this is about 100 down on the list of reasons we will or won't repeat. She is one of several assistants, all of which have seniority over her. Even if she never showed up for work, or was drunk tweeting the whole season, I am pretty sure our chances remain about the same.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, i donīt know where this obsession is coming from, but you keep twisting my words to pick up some reaction. Please quote me saying the spurs shouldnīt hire Becky or try to troll someone else, you are making me break my post count average.
    Hows about you tell me where *I* said YOU said they shouldn't hire her. Let's just stick to what was said. First you said "it" was risky, then you said that "it" wasn't so risky for The Spurs, but mostly for her...and those are the words I am using. I'll take that as a "no" on the wager, then.

Now, you're backing even further away. Now, you want me to find a quote where you said that they shouldn't have hired her, implying that maybe you're even a proponent of the acqusition! You have come a long way, my friend.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, Leo, I'm not twisting your words. If they sound dumb when I say them back to you, there's a reason for that. They were dumb.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic - great player, terrible NBA coach
    Popovich - never played in the NBA, great NBA coach
    Gar Heard - great player, terrible NBA coach
    Red Auerbach - never played in the NBA, great NBA coach
    Isiah - great player, terrible NBA coach
    Chuck Daly - never played in the NBA, great NBA coach
    True but how do we know Becky, as a former player, isn't Coach Magic or Coach Thomas. Of course it doesn't really matter. She's an assistant that will spend her days breaking down film and scouting other teams, not making Tim Duncan run after practice sprints or deciding whether Manu or Tony will run the last play of Game 7 in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You act like she's having to play against them.

Idiot. She's probably played and succeeded against better athletes than Pop a hundred years ago at the AF academy.
    Insulting posters you don't agree with instead of constructive debate: the REAL refuge of the lame on spurstalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. GSH sure seems to love .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, Leo, I'm not twisting your words. If they sound dumb when I say them back to you, there's a reason for that. They were dumb.
    Ok dude, what ever you say, if my point gets trough to other posters thatīs fine, if not, you can go on and make 100 posts about it, I wonīt start quoting myself only to refute you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What are the odds that Tony Parker s her? My guess would be between 1.05-1.08.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, just in case you send me off on an errand to find your quotes for you...

"Anyway, is a risky move by Popovich, and not for her beeing a woman."

"I think that if there is any doubts about Becky cappabilities, will be more related to the fact that she doesnīt have any NBA experience, not because of her gender or her intelligence."

NBA experience she can never get, nor possibly can any woman, because there aren't any women in the NBA. But, let's count that as a "doubt" against her capabilities. You do see how that can sound just a LITTLE bit like a catch-22, and a little sexist.

"I promise not to doubt the capabilities of any potential female assistant coaching candidates as long as they have NBA experience."

If they wanted to hire a dude in a wheelchair that only played in wheelchair NBA, you'd have a hard time getting away with that argument. Wheelchair dude has never and will never play in the NBA, either. Someone would slap you with the ADA so fast yer head would spin.

And, of course, you've already been given the Chad Fourcier, Greg Popovich, and Sean Marks examples of coaches that never played in the NBA.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the odds that Tony Parker s her? My guess would be between 1.05-1.08.
    She's a clam-smacker, so her chances of getting boned in the locker room died when Neal walked out that door to Milwaukee tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    She's a clam-smacker, so her chances of getting boned in the locker room died when Neal walked out that door to Milwaukee tbh.
    If I'm a Spurs player I'd hide my wife, GF, fling, friends with benefits or whatnot from Becky Hammon's sight

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok dude, what ever you say, if my point gets trough to other posters thatīs fine, if not, you can go on and make 100 posts about it, I wonīt start quoting myself only to refute you.
    That's what I thought.

Thread Information