Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had forgotten that badass PS1 intro. top shelf imo.

this was a dark ages of gaming for me, i just wasn't into gaming like i was before or after. I owned the PS1 but not N64. Out of PS1, off the top of my head that I loved...
    Castlevania:Symphony of the Night. oh Lord, what a great game.
    Metal Gear Solid - groundbreaking
    Resident Evils - great times either playing with friends or by myself.
    Fade to Black -underrated sequel to Flashback
    MK3
    Twisted Metal was fun as iirc

I did buy a N64 and bunch of games years after the fact, so I plan on exploring this system properly. My friend used to play it all the time and for some reason it didn't connect with me. Maybe it was the awkward controller, could be the lack of a disc (which in retrospect, wasn't a terrible idea from Nintendo considering load times.)
    list of games I own and want to play (because I figure I will appreciate them)
    Conkers
    Zelda: Ocarina and Majoras
    Mario 64 (i genuinely like Super Mario Sunshine more than what I experienced playing this back in the day, but will give it another shot).
    Castlevania (i hear they're horrible on the 64 but must keep up with the series).
    Mario Kart

I did have lots of great times playing Goldeneye with friends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twisted Metal 1 and 2 were amazing. I bought TM1 based on the cover, and it turned out to be the . Fun 2 player battles too.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had forgotten that badass PS1 intro. top shelf imo.

this was a dark ages of gaming for me, i just wasn't into gaming like i was before or after. I owned the PS1 but not N64. Out of PS1, off the top of my head that I loved...
    Castlevania:Symphony of the Night. oh Lord, what a great game.
    Metal Gear Solid - groundbreaking
    Resident Evils - great times either playing with friends or by myself.
    Fade to Black -underrated sequel to Flashback
    MK3
    Twisted Metal was fun as iirc

I did buy a N64 and bunch of games years after the fact, so I plan on exploring this system properly. My friend used to play it all the time and for some reason it didn't connect with me. Maybe it was the awkward controller, could be the lack of a disc (which in retrospect, wasn't a terrible idea from Nintendo considering load times.)
    list of games I own and want to play (because I figure I will appreciate them)
    Conkers
    Zelda: Ocarina and Majoras
    Mario 64 (i genuinely like Super Mario Sunshine more than what I experienced playing this back in the day, but will give it another shot).
    Castlevania (i hear they're horrible on the 64 but must keep up with the series).
    Mario Kart

I did have lots of great times playing Goldeneye with friends.
    Perfect Dark single player was pretty solid too, but the multi was a huge disappointment tbh. Chugged badly with 4 players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect Dark single player was pretty solid too, but the multi was a huge disappointment tbh. Chugged badly with 4 players
    i have vague memories of it, like shooting aliens in some strange vaginal looking tunnel. I do own it so will check it out.

going through the Archives, I have a decent selection. I have about 29 games, I don't remember buying that many but it was spread out over a couple years.
    Other ones that I will get to are Turok 2, Pilotwings, Quake II (just to see how it compares to the PC, probably not favorably), Rayman 2, Killer Instinct, Fzero, Bomberman 64, Paper Mario and Kirby 64. Some other ones but these look like the standouts. I always wanted to play Sin and Punishment and it's available on Wii Channel so I will try to buy that as well.
    Good chance I will play these unlike other systems I own where I get anal retentive about putting mileage on them (ie Sega CD, Turbo Duo).

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Bringing my old n64 to my college apt this week. Need to pick up a few games and controllers

so far I only have super mario 64 and donkey kong 64 which are both excellent. Gonna pick up rogue squadron, mario kart, goldeneye. Any other suggestions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have vague memories of it, like shooting aliens in some strange vaginal looking tunnel. I do own it so will check it out.

going through the Archives, I have a decent selection. I have about 29 games, I don't remember buying that many but it was spread out over a couple years.
    Other ones that I will get to are Turok 2, Pilotwings, Quake II (just to see how it compares to the PC, probably not favorably), Rayman 2, Killer Instinct, Fzero, Bomberman 64, Paper Mario and Kirby 64. Some other ones but these look like the standouts. I always wanted to play Sin and Punishment and it's available on Wii Channel so I will try to buy that as well.
    Good chance I will play these unlike other systems I own where I get anal retentive about putting mileage on them (ie Sega CD, Turbo Duo).
    Pilotwings. Loved that game. Really good to play solo and chill out with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pilotwings. Loved that game. Really good to play solo and chill out with.
    Yes, Pilotwings was one of two release games for N64, and the one I rented with my purchase at launch. Loved that ing game, and also the original on SNES. @ the stupid reaction of the instructor when you crashed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Pilotwings was one of two release games for N64, and the one I rented with my purchase at launch. Loved that ing game, and also the original on SNES. @ the stupid reaction of the instructor when you crashed.
    Man...I forgot about the instructor. I had it for SNES also. Smash TV was awesome for SNES.

great pic for a sig though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man...I forgot about the instructor. I had it for SNES also. Smash TV was awesome for SNES.

great pic for a sig though...

I used to love Smash TV at the arcade... Also loved Robocop, N.A.R.C, Double Dragon, and Bad Dudes at the arcade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to love Smash TV at the arcade... Also loved Robocop, N.A.R.C, Double Dragon, and Bad Dudes at the arcade.
    Friends of mine at Dobie my freshman year had a Smash TV arcade cabinet in their room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Friends of mine at Dobie my freshman year had a Smash TV arcade cabinet in their room.
    Plenty of booze and drugs there too, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bringing my old n64 to my college apt this week. Need to pick up a few games and controllers

so far I only have super mario 64 and donkey kong 64 which are both excellent. Gonna pick up rogue squadron, mario kart, goldeneye. Any other suggestions?
    I remember WWF No Mercy being pretty fun. Banjo Kazooie and the two Zelda games maybe. Bomberman, StarFox, Mario Tennis, and Cruis'n USA

you pretty much already have all types covered with what you listed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn totally forgot about Mario Tennis, ing loved that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never played it with more than 3 but did you have the expansion pack imo?

I never owned a PS but my cousin had one and I'd play his a lot. I didn't care too much for the CD and load times...I guess Nintendo was way ahead of the times with cartridges. I don't know why they don't go back to them tbh. You can buy thumbdrives that hold more than disks can and there aren't any load times.

Loved Mario, Mario Kart. Of course goldeneye; creamed my pants when I beat facility under 2 mins to get unlimited ammo...or was it all guns? I forget. Either way, pants were creamed. Rogue Squadron was s as was Shadows of the Empire. Holy . Playing in the snowspeeder and being able to fly wherever you wanted? More pants creaming. tbh Shadows is still great to play. Perfect Dark was good too. Sad day when Rare left to go make games Microsoft. Rare was never the same after that.

Thread Information