Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    lol are you saying newton>luck??

if you actually watch play, you'll realize that hes not a good qb. an erratic qb whos terrible at reading defenses plus a WR who had a really high drop rate with terrible route running skills, this is going to be hilarious. if i remember correctly benjamin had one of the highest drop rate from all the top WR prospects this year
    Well let's see...

Newton career completion %...59.7
    Luck...57.0

Now look at how many passes Steve Smith has caught in the Newton era. So what in the are you talking about?

But....I have to agree that Benjamin did drop a few at FSU, no argument there. He has that size/speed (not a blazerr but good) combo going for him. And he's sneaky quick.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    im pretty sure all is very accurate
    Better numbers and less weapons than Luck.

If he has better numbers than Luck this year, I want no excuses. Our best receiver is still a rookie, and you have two All-Pro targets.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Well let's see...

Newton career completion %...59.7
    Luck...57.0

Now look at how many passes Steve Smith has caught in the Newton era. So what in the are you talking about?

But....I have to agree that Benjamin did drop a few at FSU, no argument there. He has that size/speed (not a blazerr but good) combo going for him. And he's sneaky quick.
    thats because smith is a polished veteran wr who actually can get seperation and catches the ball...

are you ing re ed?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    thats because smith is a polished veteran wr who actually can get seperation and catches the ball...

are you ing re ed?
    ing re ed would be dumping on Newton who has a better com % than Luck. We were talking about Newton not Smith ya dumb .

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Better numbers and less weapons than Luck.

If he has better numbers than Luck this year, I want no excuses. Our best receiver is still a rookie, and you have two All-Pro targets.
    playoff wins. luck 1 0 and thats without reggie wayne and with trent richardson while had a trio of rbs, steve smith and olsen

luck 1 0

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

are you ing re ed?
    Reggie Wayne ring a bell?

TJ Hilton may be better than Smith was last year too.. as a #2

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    if you want to look at what "experts" say, you have to look at them all, not cherry pick. as i said earlier, i like benjamin, but im not expecting big things year 1

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin possesses the most inherent risk amongst WRs and TEs in this year's draft, believes ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper concedes that Benjamin is going to be "a big draw" based on his 6-foot-5, 240-pound frame and athletic ability. "But I think the physical talent outpaces the receiving skills at this point, because Benjamin drops too many passes, lets the ball get into his frame too often and doesn't yet know how to set up and create separation when he's facing good DBs," Kiper wrote. "There's no question the physical talent is there, but he could be overdrafted based on the traits." Players with Benjamin's combination of size, catch point skills, and downfield ability don't come around often, but he'll need to be more consistent in the pros than he was in college to justify a first- or early-second round selection.

NFL Media analyst Charles Davis noted that FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin's weight is a reason why "a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better."

"Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin are, in a lot of ways, the same guy," Davis told 93.7 The Fan. "But, I do know that a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better really for this reason – he doesn’t weigh over 240 pounds, 240 pound receivers scare the heck out of NFL personnel people because when you do your studies, and you go back and look, name the 240 pound receiver that was – forget All-Pro- that was productive over a period of time. They just really haven’t. He’s not out there."

Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin tied for the No. 7 WR in the class in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's poll of NFL personnel men.

For a player projected by some to go above Marqise Lee (voted No. 5) and by most to go ahead of Jordan Matthews (No. 6), this is a highly disappointing finish. Benjamin shared the No. 7 spot with the rising Cody Latimer and speedster Paul Richardson. The execs were only allowed to vote for five WRs, and Benjamin, a boom-or-bust type, was obviously omitted on most lists. Fortunately for him, it only takes one team to talk itself into his upside. Could it be the Steelers or Eagles in Round 1? It probably won't be this anonymous scout's employer: "He's stiff and lazy. Can't separate. Inconsistent catcher. I don't think he has off the field what it takes to be great on field."

You have any idea how many rookies Kiper was 100% wrong about? Want me to run down similiar opinions by the guy that were totally wrong?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2T3FAEkCk

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    playoff wins. luck 1 0 and thats without reggie wayne and with trent richardson while had a trio of rbs, steve smith and olsen

luck 1 0
    we played San Fran and he played KC... c'mon now

We also had a bye in a MUCH tougher conference

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You have any idea how many rookies Kiper was 100% wrong about? Want me to run down similiar opinions by the guy that were totally wrong?
    i'm not a kiper fan. so from that link you posted, the draft projection, lets go back and see how many picks that source was wrong about

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

luck 1 0
    Trent Dilfer 1-0 in Superbowls
    Dan Marino 0-1 in Superbowls

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Dilfer had a good run game and legendary defense.

Cam had a good run game and an elite defense.

Marino had to carry his team, much like Luck does

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    we arent comparing them you dumb

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i'm not a kiper fan. so from that link you posted, the draft projection, lets go back and see how many picks that source was wrong about
    Well the brass at Carolina must have seen something to use their first pick.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Well the brass at Carolina must have seen something to use their first pick.
    and the brass of oakland saw something in darrius heyward bey. are you implying that a pick was good because the pick was made? lol

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    we played San Fran and he played KC... c'mon now

We also had a bye in a MUCH tougher conference
    so when wins hes good? when he loses its because of the conference? come on bro

boil it down for me

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    we arent comparing them you dumb
    I'll go slow ya ing dummy...

as I showed you with Dilfer/Marino there is more to this than just QB play.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    I'll go slow ya ing dummy...

as I showed you with Dilfer/Marino there is more to this than just QB play.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a rookie inexperienced wr who had a high drop rate and drops easy passes with terrible route running skills who they will put as the #1 wr with a qb who cant read defenses and very inconsistent with his ball placement pretty much translates to high bust rate

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    and the brass of oakland saw something in darrius heyward bey. are you implying that a pick was good because the pick was made? lol
    Are you telling me you don't understand what pro teams look at in receivers? yes you take Bey high.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    a rookie inexperienced wr who had a high drop rate and drops easy passes with terrible route running skills who they will put as the #1 wr with a qb who cant read defenses and very inconsistent with his ball placement pretty much translates to high bust rate
    First off you are over doing everything, being way too dramatic. The kid doesn't do anything...terrible....ok? And it's not a "high" drop rate. And....if Newton can't read defense what's he doing in the pro bowl and out stating Luck?

How about cooling the dramatics and get things right, ok?

Check it out.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    First off you are over doing everything, being way too dramatic. The kid doesn't do anything...terrible....ok? And it's not a "high" drop rate. And....if Newton can't read defense what's he doing in the pro bowl and out stating Luck?

How about cooling the dramatics and get things right, ok?

Check it out.

His drop rate percentage is close to the 11% mark, and he average at least 1 huge drop a game. The main reason he drops them though is because he usually will lose focus and try to turn up field. That can be broke though by receiver coach Ricky Proehl. How about his speed?
    http://www.catscratchreader.com/2014...elvin-benjamin

so tell me if 11% is not a high drop rate

dumb

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count

looks like lee is the worst and that carolina website exagerrated benjamins drop rate , still pretty high

youre using the probowl? hahahahah

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

You are talking about....one...drop a game, wow! Dude...one...drop a game, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an idiot, wow!

Here ya go...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...n-showing.html

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

looks like lee is the worst and that carolina website exagerrated benjamins drop rate , still pretty high

youre using the probowl? hahahahah

Do you know anything at all about pro football? yes I'll use a pro bowl, are you really this lost.

Work with me.

You go to anything talking about a former players career and how many pro bowls/all pro he got will be mentioned. Ya see dummy.....it matters.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    its like talking to a child

i bet youre used to that

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Do you know anything at all about pro football? yes I'll use a pro bowl, are you really this lost.

Thread Information