Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Really excited about this guy. Day 11 into training camp and has yet to drop a pass. I think he is going to be a stud. A very big, fast receiver, that has little weakness (route running, inexperience). He also has the biggest hands I've ever seen.

Of course the numbers aren't going to be big; Carolina plays very conservative, milking the clock and taking 7 minute possessions, but I think this guy will make an immediate impact.

We will see how he looks tomorrow @ Buffalo.

Edit: In other news, Jonathan Stewart is injured, again

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I actually liked him a lot coming out. I just didn't think he's a first based on how raw he is. I think it would be intriguing to have him bulk up and become a tight end.

Im in just not expecting big things from him in year 1 outside the red zone

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Kelvin Benjamin is a slow fat ass who has no hands. You might as well make Cam Newton throw the ball to himself

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    If only he had a QB

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Surprised Stewart is still on the Panthers. It's so easy to find RBs in the Draft

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Benjamin runs on that FSU 4x1 team, he is a 10.50 sprinter which is pretty good for a guy his size. But....his 40 times tell me he is one of those with more "speed endurance"*** than a real burst.

He's a stud as we will see.

*** all sprinters are fast but it;s those who can sustain/maintain a higher % of max velocity who really excell. Benjamin will be more of a Randy Moss type than a Wes Welker....obviously.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-07-2014 at 05:11 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its pretty rare for wide receivers to really have great seasons year 1... and thats even from elite prospects, let alone somebody like benjamin

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    its pretty rare for wide receivers to really have great seasons year 1... and thats even from elite prospects, let alone somebody like benjamin
    No not really.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    If only he had a QB
    They have one.... unfortunately, Derek Anderson is backing up Newton due to media hype and 's draft position....

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    dude is gonna be the biggest bust in this years WR class

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    dude is gonna be the biggest bust in this years WR class
    You don't even know who the guy is and it's obvious.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    You don't even know who the guy is and it's obvious.
    tell me how its obvious

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    tell me how its obvious
    It's when you can;t go into any logical reasons as to why he''ll be a bust. You have no clue about anything having to do with him. It's just...."how negative can I be"...which is all you ever do.

Ok man, go into detail about why a guy taken with the first pick will be a bust, go ahead elaborate.

So this is all wrong, right?

Draft Projection

Round 1 Bottom Line

A tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-08-2014 at 02:31 AM.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    It's when you can;t go into any logical reasons as to why he''ll be a bust. You have no clue about anything having to do with him. It's just...."how negative can I be"...which is all you ever do.

Ok man, go into detail about why a guy taken with the first pick will be a bust, go ahead elaborate.
    check the nfl draft thread i went into detail about some of the top wr prospects in this years draft class...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    check the nfl draft thread i went into detail about some of the top wr prospects in this years draft class...
    I think I'll go with those who actually know this stuff like...
    Draft Projection

Round 1 Bottom Line

A tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Draft Projection

Round 1 Bottom Line

of course you will, youre too stupid to conjure up your own analysis

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    of course you will, youre too stupid to conjure up your own analysis
    A dumb like you calling someone stupid...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said about the guy, he's big and has good down the field speed. He made a ton of big plays while at FSU, while he;s not overly quick he finds ways to get open. He does have strong hands and is a load to bring down. The only downside is he lacks a lot of football experience.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    A dumb like you calling someone stupid...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said about the guy, he's big and has good down the field speed. He made a ton of big plays while at FSU, while he;s not overly quick he finds ways to get open. He does have strong hands and is a load to bring down. The only downside is he lacks a lot of football experience.
    hes asked to lead the fest at wr in carolina with an erratic qb, thats the worst situation a raw, inexperienced wr to be into. especially a rookie one. i think i gave him a third round grade and that was generous.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    A guy who follows the....Jags....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually thinks someone like myself who was into this stuff before there were any Panthers and Jags is going to respect his opinion?

This isn't about erratic QB's, that has nothing to do with anything. Can the kid play and so far everyone but some dummy like you thinks he can.

If ya recall (ya don't) your best receiver ever Jimmy Smith only had 22 catchs his first two seasons and was dumped by Dallas. He was out of Jackson State.,

Oh yeah, Newton completed 61.7 of his passes, Andrew Luck 60.2.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-08-2014 at 12:11 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i'm fairly surprised of the hype, i expect him to be underwhelming tbh.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Kelvin Benjamin is a slow fat ass who has no hands. You might as well make Cam Newton throw the ball to himself

do you even watch football bro?
    Avante with the goods, tbh..

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    A guy who follows the....Jags....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually thinks someone like myself who was into this stuff before there were any Panthers and Jags is going to respect his opinion?

This isn't about erratic QB's, that has nothing to do with anything. Can the kid play and so far everyone but some dummy like you thinks he can.

If ya recall (ya don't) your best receiver ever Jimmy Smith only had 22 catchs his first two seasons and was dumped by Dallas. He was out of Jackson State.,

Oh yeah, Newton completed 61.7 of his passes, Andrew Luck 60.2.
    lol are you saying newton>luck??

if you actually watch play, you'll realize that hes not a good qb. an erratic qb whos terrible at reading defenses plus a WR who had a really high drop rate with terrible route running skills, this is going to be hilarious. if i remember correctly benjamin had one of the highest drop rate from all the top WR prospects this year

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    lol are you saying newton>luck??

if you actually watch play, you'll realize that hes not a good qb. an erratic qb whos terrible at reading defenses plus a WR who had a really high drop rate with terrible route running skills, this is going to be hilarious. if i remember correctly benjamin had one of the highest drop rate from all the top WR prospects this year
    pity post

by the by, pretty much none of the above is true.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    pity post

by the by, pretty much none of the above is true.
    im pretty sure all is very accurate

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Draft Projection

Round 1 Bottom Line

if you want to look at what "experts" say, you have to look at them all, not cherry pick. as i said earlier, i like benjamin, but im not expecting big things year 1

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin possesses the most inherent risk amongst WRs and TEs in this year's draft, believes ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper concedes that Benjamin is going to be "a big draw" based on his 6-foot-5, 240-pound frame and athletic ability. "But I think the physical talent outpaces the receiving skills at this point, because Benjamin drops too many passes, lets the ball get into his frame too often and doesn't yet know how to set up and create separation when he's facing good DBs," Kiper wrote. "There's no question the physical talent is there, but he could be overdrafted based on the traits." Players with Benjamin's combination of size, catch point skills, and downfield ability don't come around often, but he'll need to be more consistent in the pros than he was in college to justify a first- or early-second round selection.

NFL Media analyst Charles Davis noted that FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin's weight is a reason why "a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better."

"Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin are, in a lot of ways, the same guy," Davis told 93.7 The Fan. "But, I do know that a number of scouts and personnel people like Evans a lot better really for this reason – he doesn’t weigh over 240 pounds, 240 pound receivers scare the heck out of NFL personnel people because when you do your studies, and you go back and look, name the 240 pound receiver that was – forget All-Pro- that was productive over a period of time. They just really haven’t. He’s not out there."

Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin tied for the No. 7 WR in the class in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's poll of NFL personnel men.

For a player projected by some to go above Marqise Lee (voted No. 5) and by most to go ahead of Jordan Matthews (No. 6), this is a highly disappointing finish. Benjamin shared the No. 7 spot with the rising Cody Latimer and speedster Paul Richardson. The execs were only allowed to vote for five WRs, and Benjamin, a boom-or-bust type, was obviously omitted on most lists. Fortunately for him, it only takes one team to talk itself into his upside. Could it be the Steelers or Eagles in Round 1? It probably won't be this anonymous scout's employer: "He's stiff and lazy. Can't separate. Inconsistent catcher. I don't think he has off the field what it takes to be great on field."

Thread Information