Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I forgot about det one. So am I just upset in that post or all of them?
    Upset enough to keep lying.

Not true. But even if it was, how would that imply I think it would be an easy road or that we are close.
    Of course it's true. You got upset and started calling names.

I took it as that, which is why I asked you to clarify.
    You lied about it. Now you are trying to backtrack and say you weren't smart enough to figure out a simple sentence.

Money for the current year will, sure. If you have the numbers for 2034 post them. If they are the same as 2013's self hate all you want.
    It's easy to see what other schools are doing right now. They are spending the kind of money lolUTSA will have to if it wants to compete at that level and they are getting money from several sources which can be seen in the list I provided. It's amazing to see the kind of money a P5 bottom feeder can raise if you care to look.

The word implies I would be hurt if it didn't come to be. I'm all for the P5 if it happens, if it doesn't I will still be happy to have a solid G5 program.
    You're hurt just talking about it.

You act like academics are being put on hold for the football team. UTSA has been blessed with the tools to become a top G5 program. They should and will take advantage of that, and at least see how far it takes them--could mean P5, could not.
    Ultimately, why should they? Should they pursue P5 at all costs as long as they think it's a possibility?

I mean you can look at the kind of money schools are spending each year directly in this kind of pursuit. Houston spends about $18 million a year to keep itself from an lolUTSA level of funding. And they're probably going to compete for their conference championship. Of all the things to spend $18 million a year on, is a G5 conference championship once every few years worth it?

The avg revenue is 48 mill for the AAC. ECU's was 37 mill. It's about as close as UTSA is to the MWC average.
    Yep, with little net increase in travel and more money coming in from the new TV deal, things look pretty good for ECU.

Does that mean you are a part of the lolUTSAs bc of your immaturity?
    If you don't understand satire, I think you had better study harder at lolUTSA.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Upset enough to keep lying.
    Not that I intentionally lied, but regardless lying=upset? Sounds like a lie to me.

Of course it's true. You got upset and started calling names.
    Name, wasn't multiple names.

But regardless, quit dodging my question...how does any of that imply I saw an easy road or thought we are close?

You lied about it. Now you are trying to backtrack and say you weren't smart enough to figure out a simple sentence.
    what do I get out of lying? I misinterpreted it.

It's easy to see what other schools are doing right now. They are spending the kind of money lolUTSA will have to if it wants to compete at that level and they are getting money from several sources which can be seen in the list I provided. It's amazing to see the kind of money a P5 bottom feeder can raise if you care to look.
    Where's the numbers for 2034? I'm waiting.

You're hurt just talking about it.
    Not really.

Ultimately, why should they? Should they pursue P5 at all costs as long as they think it's a possibility?

I mean you can look at the kind of money schools are spending each year directly in this kind of pursuit. Houston spends about $18 million a year to keep itself from an lolUTSA level of funding. And they're probably going to compete for their conference championship. Of all the things to spend $18 million a year on, is a G5 conference championship once every few years worth it?
    :

At all costs? Stop being all dramatic. Academics and UTSA's profile in general are improving as well, nobody is advocating sacrificing academics for the football program.

Yep, with little net increase in travel and more money coming in from the new TV deal, things look pretty good for ECU.
    It was a good move on their part, despite the 'budget parity' being a better fit for them in CUSA. Thanks for agreeing that not moving up bc of budget parity is a ridiculous idea.

If you don't understand satire, I think you had better study harder at lolUTSA.
    In your own words you said it was a satire of irrational, immature UTSA fans. Admittedly you are being immature and imo pretty irrational. I think my question was pretty fair tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol fair

ECU is a fine example of budget parity. You simply can't refuse to accept simple numbers.

As for projecting what it will take to be a p5 team in 20 years?

More than it does now.

I will spot you several million and ask you again what is a realistic plan to get to an Iowa State level of funding with roughly the proportions shown in the list.

You have been dodging this question from the start. It's ok to say you have no idea. That is already apparent.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    fight!!!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol fair

ECU is a fine example of budget parity. You simply can't refuse to accept simple numbers.

As for projecting what it will take to be a p5 team in 20 years?

More than it does now.

I will spot you several million and ask you again what is a realistic plan to get to an Iowa State level of funding with roughly the proportions shown in the list.

You have been dodging this question from the start. It's ok to say you have no idea. That is already apparent.
    Oh look you dodged every single one of my questions.

Then had the audacity to demand an answer to something that's unknown. Answer mine, they are simple questions.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Not that I intentionally lied, but regardless lying=upset? Sounds like a lie to me.
    OK, I'll accept you don't understand simple English without multiple readings.

But regardless, quit dodging my question...how does any of that imply I saw an easy road or thought we are close?
    You never say anything different.You just trot out the chamber of commerce spiel and say "The future's so bright! So bright!" and consider that a supported argument.

what do I get out of lying? I misinterpreted it.
    This is one reason people say lolUTSA.

Where's the numbers for 2034? I'm waiting.
    , use last year's numbers. How does UTSA get there?

At all costs? Stop being all dramatic. Academics and UTSA's profile in general are improving as well, nobody is advocating sacrificing academics for the football program.
    What if it comes to that? Are you willing to have the school spend the same kind of money Houston does to support their athletic program?

That's a simple yes or no question for you.

It was a good move on their part, despite the 'budget parity' being a better fit for them in CUSA. Thanks for agreeing that not moving up bc of budget parity is a ridiculous idea.
    Thanks for not understanding what goes into the budget. lolUTSA again.

Feel free to answer my questions if you think you understand them. You can always use that excuse now.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Yeah, you are still dodging. As soon as you answer them we can continue with the conversation.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Yeah, you are still dodging. As soon as you answer them we can continue with the conversation.
    Answered them all.

Do you have some others -- or did you just not understand what I wrote?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Answer these clearly and directly:

1. Me supposedly getting upset+thinking the future is bright...how does that prove I see an easy and short road? Especially when I've explicitly said I wouldn't bet on reaching P5.

2. I am talking about UTSA's 2034 numbers, where are they? I want to see how much they improved from 2013's numbers and how close/far they are from the P5 bottom teams' 2034 numbers.

(You didn't understand what I meant, that is a reason people lolutsa!)

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Answer these clearly and directly:

1. Me supposedly getting upset+thinking the future is bright...how does that prove I see an easy and short road? Especially when I've explicitly said I wouldn't bet on reaching P5.
    No matter what you said, your rage at simple devil's advocate play speaks volumes about your at ude towards your P5 dream.

2. I am talking about UTSA's 2034 numbers, where are they? I want to see how much they improved from 2013's numbers and how close/far they are from the P5 bottom teams' 2034 numbers.

(You didn't understand what I meant, that is a reason people lolutsa!)
    Your question is what their numbers are going to be in 2034?

Your question is pretty stupid. It is impossible to answer.

Is this the way you think discussions go? If you just fail to understand everything anyone else says and ask incredibly stupid lolUTSA questions, you win the internet?

My question is a very practical one, how is UTSA going to raise their level of funding to the point it could enter the P5?

They have to raise their level of funding to reach the point they could enter the P5 -- so how? Other schools have their ways -- what are lolUTSA's?

Thanks for not answering in advance.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    1. I called you a once, yet I'm in a rage? Quit being so dramatic. Anyways, is this what you consider proof? 'You called me a so that proves you think we are close to P5 level.'

You should've studied harder at lolUTSA and learned what proof is!!

2. Really? , here I was thinking you were actually going to provide the 2034 numbers for me. That's kinda the point...you have no idea how the UTSA program will look like in two decades. You are using 2013 numbers to 'prove' P5 status is impossible in 2034 and beyond.

Do you understand what I've been trying to tell you now, lolUTSA?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    1. I called you a once, yet I'm in a rage? Quit being so dramatic. Anyways, is this what you consider proof? 'You called me a so that proves you think we are close to P5 level.'

You should've studied harder at lolUTSA and learned what proof is!!
    Still so angry. you threw logic out the window long ago.

I have yet to see anyone show any realistic plan to break into P5, so i'm going to say it's impossible until someone provides a reason to believe otherwise. You will not be that someone.

2. Really? , here I was thinking you were actually going to provide the 2034 numbers for me. That's kinda the point...you have no idea how the UTSA program will look like in two decades. You are using 2013 numbers to 'prove' P5 status is impossible in 2034 and beyond.

Do you understand what I've been trying to tell you now, lolUTSA?
    I understand you have no idea how any program can try to raise its funding to a level where it could enter P5, so you try to waste time with empty rhetoric. No one knows what UTSA's numbers will be, but there is clear evidence of what it would have to be to get into the P5.

So how do they get there from where they are now?

So far your answer is "Wait 20 years." which is about as lolUTSA as it gets.

I expect you to try and dodge it again. It's OK: you have no idea. You proved that.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    1. dodged again

What does you thinking it is impossible have to do with me supposedly thinking it is easy? You're all over the place on this one.

2. Uh the program blows up and merchandise sales, season ticket sales and overall attendance increase. Prices can be raised for the last two. Maybe a third tier deal pops up. More donors step up. SA business leaders embrace the program. A jump to the AAC brings in more TV money, etc. You act like it's rocket science.

There's all sorts of possibilities that are all dependent on how the program grows. But of course neither of us have any idea how much it will grow sho why go into details of things that depend on that unknown? Quit being an lolUTSA smh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    1. dodged again

What does you thinking it is impossible have to do with me supposedly thinking it is easy? You're all over the place on this one.
    OK, you think it's possible. Show me who they do it.

2. Uh the program blows up and merchandise sales, season ticket sales and overall attendance increase. Prices can be raised for the last two. Maybe a third tier deal pops up. More donors step up. SA business leaders embrace the program. You act like it's rocket science.
    You act like it's still the easiest thing in the world.

1) Blow up.

2) ?????

3) P5!

There's all sorts of possibilities that are all dependent on how the program grows. But of course neither of us have any idea how much it will grow sho why go into details into things that depend on that unknown? Quit being an lolUTSA smh.
    There are existing case studies in the chart I linked -- programs that moved up. You're pretty much describing Boise State, which makes about four times what UTSA does in ticket sales and contributions after blowing up -- yet after all its success is still a good $20 million short of P5 bottom feeder status.

Rutgers moved up, but It's not like they "blew up" and everyone in Jersey sang kum ba ya and gave them all their money.Rutgers just shoved another $20 million into the athletic budget to make the jump. That's why I asked you directly if UTSA would ever be in a position to do that kind of thing or if it would be worth it.

Your answer, again, is "Wait 20 years and unknowns will just happen!" lolUTSA

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    OK, you think it's possible. Show me who they do it.
    I've said there's a slight chance way down the line. I just listed several things that need to come together to make it happen. Why do you keep deflecting though? You're going around in circles instead of just admitting that I never claimed UTSA is close atm or that getting there would be easy.

You act like it's still the easiest thing in the world.

1) Blow up.

2) ?????

3) P5!
    WTF? That slight chance is dependent on the program blowing up, so I'm considering it a given when I give you a way for how it COULD happen. Nobody is claiming its easy or a given though.

There are existing case studies in the chart I linked -- programs that moved up. You're pretty much describing Boise State, which makes about four times what UTSA does in ticket sales and contributions after blowing up -- yet after all its success is still a good $20 million short of P5 bottom feeder status.

Rutgers moved up, but It's not like they "blew up" and everyone in Jersey sang kum ba ya and gave them all their money.Rutgers just shoved another $20 million into the athletic budget to make the jump. That's why I asked you directly if UTSA would ever be in a position to do that kind of thing or if it would be worth it.

Your answer, again, is "Wait 20 years and unknowns will just happen!" lolUTSA
    If Boise State was located in SA/bigger market instead of Idaho they'd be P5 imo.

TCU and Utah got called up. UCF is probably next in line.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You need to work on your lolUTSA comprehension skills!!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I've said there's a slight chance way down the line. I just listed several things that need to come together to make it happen. Why do you keep deflecting though? You're going around in circles instead of just admitting that I never claimed UTSA is close atm or that getting there would be easy.
    You are fighting like to keep any chance alive on this board.

WTF? That slight chance is dependent on the program blowing up, so I'm considering it a given when I give you a way for how it COULD happen. Nobody is claiming its easy or a given though.
    What percentage chance are you giving UTSA to be a P5?

I say practically zero.

If Boise State was located in SA/bigger market instead of Idaho they'd be P5 imo.
    What P5 conference needs the San Antonio market?

TCU and Utah got called up.
    TCU was already spending P5 money and has over a billion dollar endowment.

Utah's spending was on par with Washington State right after joining. They also have an academic profile that fits perfectly in the PAC.

UCF is probably next in line.
    Why?

If the Big 12 isn't expanding, no one else needs UCF. If UCF ends up not being ranked this season, are they still next in line?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You are fighting like to keep any chance alive on this board.
    Does that mean you are fighting like to kill it?

What percentage chance are you giving UTSA to be a P5?

I say practically zero.
    Small. 5-10% if I had to quantify it. Too many unknowns atm for anything higher.

What P5 conference needs the San Antonio market?

TCU was already spending P5 money and has over a billion dollar endowment.

Utah's spending was on par with Washington State right after joining. They also have an academic profile that fits perfectly in the PAC.

Why?

If the Big 12 isn't expanding, no one else needs UCF. If UCF ends up not being ranked this season, are they still next in line?
    Did the B1G really need the NY market? Pretty sure they were making the most money even w/o Rutgers. The Big 12 doesn't need to expand but I'm guessing it will eventually. UCF makes the most sense. The SA market would make sense too if a program of that caliber was currently there.

Regarding Boise State, their numbers would be bigger if they were located in a bigger market. Their budget probably wouldn't have been much different than Utah's, especially since they actually grew a small national following which Utah never did.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Boise State would never make the PAC under any cir stances. Schools like Utah have a draw outside its immediate market which is why UTSA would be of dubious import to the big 12. They already have the market. They needed TCU at the time to stay viable as a conference and that school met the funding and academic criteria.

I can see Notre Dame and BYU getting calls well before UCF. Unless UCF pulls a Rutgers and throws another $20 million on the fire per year.

I'm not sure they want to lose that much money. How much money do you think UTSA should be willing to lose per year pursuing a p5 berth?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I agree about Boise St. If they were in a bigger market though things would be different, aside from the obvious the amount of applicants would also be higher...that would allow them to be more selective and improve their academic standards--which is another problem of theirs.

What you are saying about the Big 12 already having a footprint in SA makes sense, but couldn't that be said for the B1G and NY? When you are a Top 3 conference and on national TV you have a footprint almost anywhere. It's not a glaring need as much as it is just pure greed imo. ND and BYU would be ahead of UCF, but obviously they're special cases that might not even want to be in a conference if they don't have to.

UH kinda sorta reached tier-one along with Tech, so I don't think what they are doing is 'at all costs'. I'd be cool with getting the subsidy down to an AAC level (the avg not UH level)and hovering around that area throughout the process.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    What you are saying about the Big 12 already having a footprint in SA makes sense, but couldn't that be said for the B1G and NY? When you are a Top 3 conference and on national TV you have a footprint almost anywhere.
    I am not aware of the penetration of the B1G Network into the the Mid-Atlantic, but I would bet they picked up some carriers east of Philly with the Rutgers addition.

It's not a glaring need as much as it is just pure greed imo. ND and BYU would be ahead of UCF, but obviously they're special cases that might not even want to be in a conference if they don't have to.
    Sure, and the Big 12 is in the best position to pick up any of these teams and really the only one who would really use a Florida school if they thought it was worth it.

UH kinda sorta reached tier-one along with Tech, so I don't think what they are doing is 'at all costs'. I'd be cool with getting the subsidy down to an AAC level (the avg not UH level)and hovering around that area throughout the process.
    I don't really see a practical way of getting beyond that. Student fees are about as high as they are ever going to be and I'm not sure the UT system is going to allow running losses much higher than a school like UTEP currently is. , P5 could be a total nonstarter with the Board of Regents. There are only a few systems with more than one school in P5, and all the competing systems in Texas could make the regents question why they should allow a school in the system to compete with UT Austin.

I dunno, I'm going to enjoy lolUTSA sports even if they never move out of C-USA.

Thread Information