Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Romo threw only 10 picks last year. He was hardly the reason we went 8-8. I'd argue we'd have gone 4-12 without him last year.

Outside of the 619 area code - or trolling for LOLZ - not too many fans would rather have Rivers over Romo. What has Rivers ever really done? Give me Romo over Rivers 7/7 times.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Thanks to Jorge, Romochoke's back injury just went from bad to career-ending

We should be able to run the ball this year. With our inept _efense we'll HAVE to. That'll take pressure off Romo and keep the _efense OFF the field. I hpe!

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Romo threw only 10 picks last year. He was hardly the reason we went 8-8. I'd argue we'd have gone 4-12 without him last year.

Outside of the 619 area code - or trolling for LOLZ - not too many fans would rather have Rivers over Romo. What has Rivers ever really done? Give me Romo over Rivers 7/7 times.
    My eyes, it burns!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Playoff Wins:

Rivers: 4
    Turny Romover: 1

that tttt!

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    But what has the Bolts EVER done tbh? Shhhhh!
    It isn't what thwy have done, it is what they are going to do.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Playoff Wins:

Rivers: 4
    Turny Romover: 1

that tttt!
    I see your checkers' skills translates to the gridiron as well SMH: Romo - 0, Rivers - 0

It's like counting LeHype's MVPs. Kobe 5, LeHype 2*. In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter?

In sports, it's always about the rangsPERIOD.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It isn't what thwy have done, it is what they are going to do.
    As long as Peyton and Brady are in your conference, Rivers ain't doing jack. EVER. Neal with it sn

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Rivers has far more chance of ringing before Tony Choko.

Romo

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    As long as Peyton and Brady are in your conference, Rivers ain't doing jack. EVER. Neal with it sn
    Not like Romover has a chance anytime soon with Brees and Rodgers around

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    After hearing Romo talk about he'll never be the same, I'm really starting to wonder if he might be done. If he can't do the ordinary stuff how in the can he survive pro football?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    After hearing Romo talk about he'll never be the same, I'm really starting to wonder if he might be done. If he can't do the ordinary stuff how in the can he survive pro football?
    Weeden is our future. Romo is here to teach him the ropes, and maybe get a ring before retirement.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i'd take Rivers over Romo without thinking twice... and i hate the chargers tbh

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Weeden is our future. Romo is here to teach him the ropes, and maybe get a ring before retirement.
    wtf, really?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't see Weeden as the future. He was brought in because Orton didn't want to play any more. He's here to backup Romo, not to be Romo's eventual replacement.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't see Weeden as the future. He was brought in because Orton didn't want to play any more. He's here to backup Romo, not to be Romo's eventual replacement.
    our 31 year old future

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the comparison of December records between Romo and Rivers tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the comparison of December records between Romo and Rivers tbh
    not current, but 06-10:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...-rivers/11472/

So what is it about December? In football, it’s nothing magical. Chances are if you swapped the September and December schedules for the Chargers and Cowboys since 2006, we’re probably having the exact same discussion, just with Romo as the hot December quarterback that erases slow starts, and Rivers as the early-season stud that doesn’t have a winning record in any December.

Overall, Rivers deserves the credit for being more consistent than Romo. They each have a really dominant month, but Rivers at his worst has never had anything like Romo’s December track record.

What Rivers doesn’t deserve extra credit for is the December streaks, because we can see that it’s been a result of the easier part of his schedule consistently coming at that point. Where’s the carry-over effect of playing well in December been? The Chargers entered the playoffs in 2006 on a 10-game winning streak, and then an 11-game winning streak in 2009. They lost the first playoff game at home both times.

This month the Cowboys get Arizona, two games against the Giants, at Tampa Bay, and the Eagles. Romo deserves the criticism if he doesn’t get through this stretch. Right now those teams are 24-31 (.436). What does Romo historically do against such compe ion? He plays well and wins.

The Chargers get Jacksonville, Buffalo, Baltimore, and then go to Detroit and Oakland. Those teams are 30-25 (.545). At the rate they’ve been going, who doesn’t expect San Diego to have a losing December this year?

We started by comparing these two quarterbacks evenly, and after all the research, we still think they are players of similar caliber in different conferences. One just gets the tougher part of his schedule out of the way early, while the other gets it late.

No matter which month they’re the hottest in, at the end of the season, they both have ended up on the losing side of things in January. What’s so different about the game of football in that month?

It’s all about who you play.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Me likey that Oline

Turny Romover

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Rivers also went 3-1 in 2011( 4-1 if you include last reg season game on jan. 1st), 3-2 in 2012, and 4-1 in 2013. That 2011 was what the article was talking about when saying he would have a losing december.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The reason he was brought in is superfluous. Weeden is ready to carry this team into the future imo. Romo is done, and I've been one of his biggest stans. It's time to re-evaluate the QB position and Weeden looks ready

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Whelp...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The reason he was brought in is superfluous. Weeden is ready to carry this team into the future imo. Romo is done, and I've been one of his biggest stans. It's time to re-evaluate the QB position and Weeden looks ready
    What makes you think that Romo is done? BTW, Weeden looked spectacular in the preseason when he was with the Browns too.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What makes you think that Romo is done? BTW, Weeden looked spectacular in the preseason when he was with the Browns too.
    He can't throw the deep ball, and his back injury is degenerating, as in - he is not going to get better. It will ultimately affect his mobility, which is what made him special in the first place. That O-line better be good, because Romo is going to be Slowmo. Weeden is a diamond in the rough imo; he's ready to go

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I would love to be wrong. I would love it if Romo leads us to the Superbowl, but its time to call a spade a spade.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Sucks to be a Dallas fan, but I will never quit supporting them.
    Why brah? I'd understand if they were based in SA but they're not. Plus we all know Jerry took training camp away and will do anything in his power to prevent a team from relocating here.

That's some Stockholm syndrome tbh.

Thread Information