Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I showed you this before and you ignored it for obvious reasons.

So this is bogus and you know better?

Although the months leading up to the NFL draft tend to glorify individual workouts in shorts, there is no more important indicator of a player’s prospects for success at the next level than what they were able to do as a collegiate player.
    With that being said, many players who achieve statistical success at the collegiate level never have their games translate to success in the NFL.

~~~~~~~~~~~

OBVIOUSLY....these players are drafted on the assumption they will be able to fit into the NFL game, many are drafted as projects. But......make no mistake about it what they showed in the college game means everything.

Luck had a solid career at Stanford, now add his size/speed/intelligence and his upbringing.
    not once did i mention individual workouts... i mentioned the tape of what they did on game day. sometimes a 14 yard pass says a lot more about a quarterback than a 75 yard touchdown on an uncontested throw. even though one looks much better on a stat sheet. you look at how a quarterback's skill set will translate, not what his box score numbers were

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    not once did i mention individual workouts... i mentioned the tape of what they did on game day. sometimes a 14 yard pass says a lot more about a quarterback than a 75 yard touchdown on an uncontested throw. even though one looks much better on a stat sheet. you look at how a quarterback's skill set will translate, not what his box score numbers were
    Why tell me the obvious? My point is these guys are drafted on those NCAA numbers. IF...the compe ion was there. If you can play QB in the Pac12/SEC you will get a look. We all know nobody is fooling the NFL, that goes without saying. But.....it's those numbers that show the potential.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Why tell me the obvious? My point is these guys are drafted on those NCAA numbers. IF...the compe ion was there. If you can play QB in the Pac12/SEC you will get a look. We all know nobody is fooling the NFL, that goes without saying. But.....it's those numbers that show the potential.
    the numbers tell a part of the story. tebow had an incredible passer rating and completion percentage while winning heismans, national chapionships... yep in the SEC

in his 3 seasons as a starter he had passer ratings and completion %'s of...

2007: 172.5 rating, 66.7% completions, along with 32 touchdowns and 6 interceptions
    2008: 172.4 rating, 64.4% completions, along with 30 touchdowns and 4 interceptions
    2009: 164.2 rating, 67.8% completions, along with 21 touchdowns and 5 interceptions

but how good of a passer was tebow in the NFL? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    the numbers tell a part of the story. tebow had an incredible passer rating and completion percentage while winning heismans, national chapionships... yep in the SEC

but how good of a passer was tebow in the NFL? hmmmmmmmmmmm
    You're totally missing the point. I;m not talking about their NFL success or lack of it, I'm talking about why they got their NFL shot, that isn't obvious? How did Russell, Tebow, Heath Schuler, Ryan Leaf, Gary Beban (Heisman winner), Terry Baker (Heisman winner).....warrant an NFL look, yep.....NCAA numbers.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You're totally missing the point. I;m not talking about their NFL success or lack of it, I'm talking about why they got their NFL shot, that isn't obvious? How did Russell, Tebow, Heath Schuler, Ryan Leaf, Gary Beban (Heisman winner), Terry Baker (Heisman winner).....warrant an NFL look, yep.....NCAA numbers.
    i'm talking about projecting NFL success. sometimes, guys inexplicably bust. guys that had college success, guys that had all the "NFL tools" like armstrength, mobility, and just flat out didnt work. maybe the paychecks get to them, maybe they just didnt have it mentally. if it were an exact science, we'd never have busts

but my point, avante, is that when you are trying to project success at the NFL level (which is the primary goal of talent/draft evaluators), i am arguing that simply looking at box score numbers and the school they attended are NOT sufficient. Tebow played at Florida, an elite school in an elite conference, and as you see in my previous post, he LIT UP the box scores. incredible passing figures. but anybody who watched the tape knows he wasn't a very accurate passer, despite the high completion % and low interception numbers. almost everybody noticed this, which is why Denver was criticized for taking him in the first round, despite his college a en.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i'm talking about projecting NFL success. sometimes, guys inexplicably bust. guys that had college success, guys that had all the "NFL tools" like armstrength, mobility, and just flat out didnt work. maybe the paychecks get to them, maybe they just didnt have it mentally. if it were an exact science, we'd never have busts

but my point, avante, is that when you are trying to project success at the NFL level (which is the primary goal of talent/draft evaluators), i am arguing that simply looking at box score numbers and the school they attended are NOT sufficient. Tebow played at Florida, an elite school in an elite conference, and as you see in my previous post, he LIT UP the box scores. incredible passing figures. but anybody who watched the tape knows he wasn't a very accurate passer, despite the high completion % and low interception numbers. almost everybody noticed this, which is why Denver was criticized for taking him in the first round, despite his college a en.
    I get all that, ok? So why are those guys drafted high....ANYWAY??? It's because they have that potential, the tools that can be sharpened. Or so the NFL thinks, in some cases it works out in others it doesn't.

If a QB is a winner in one of the major conferences he's going to get an NFL shot, and it won't matter what the tape shows. Go ahead give me the name of any successful major conference QB who didn't get an NFL look.......despite what the tapes show. Go ahead...who?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I get all that, ok? So why are those guys drafted high....ANYWAY??? It's because they have that potential, the tools that can be sharpened. Or so the NFL thinks, in some cases it works out in others it doesn't.

If a QB is a winner in one of the major conferences he's going to get an NFL, and it won't matter what the tape shows. Go ahead give me the name of any successful major conference QB who didn't get an NFL look.......despite what the tapes show. Go ahead...who?
    jason white. heisman winner from oklahoma. he threw for 40 touchdowns and 35 touchdowns in his last 2 years while completing 62 and 65% of his passes those years

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    jason white. heisman winner from oklahoma. he threw for 40 touchdowns and 35 touchdowns in his last 2 years while completing 62 and 65% of his passes those years
    You do know about his knee problems right, yep, both legs. The guy couldn't move at all, he made Peyton Manning look mobile. But.......he still got an NFL look with the ans.

Terrible example.

After suffering from consecutive anterior cruciate ligament tears, White had reconstructive knee surgeries on both knees during the 2001 and 2002 seasons. Despite the fact that White could not scramble.....

Do your homework amigo.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You do know about his knee problems right, yep, both legs. The guy couldn't move at all, he made Peyton Manning look mobile. But.......he still got an NFL look with the ans.

Terrible example.

After suffering from consecutive anterior cruciate ligament tears, White had reconstructive knee surgeries on both knees during the 2001 and 2002 seasons. Despite the fact that White could not scramble.....

Do your homework amigo.
    after surgeries in 01 and 02 he won the heisman in 03 and was 3rd in heisman voting in 04. he still went undrafted

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    after surgeries in 01 and 02 he won the heisman in 03 and was 3rd in heisman voting in 04. he still went undrafted
    If you don't understand this I can't help you. The guy .......couldn't run at all..ok? What NFL team is wasting a draft pick on a sitting duck?

Ex-Sooners' QB says knees won't let him play

Come on man
    Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2014 at 10:27 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    If you don't understand this I can't help you. The guy .......couldn't run at all..ok? What NFL team is wasting a draft pick on a sitting duck?

CoEx-Sooners' QB says knees won't let him play
    His arm wasn't very strong either.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    His arm wasn't very strong either.
    It wouldn't have mattered if he'd had a cannon and could stick a football up a hummingbirds ass from 50 yards, the guy had no mobility at all, like......none. Because of his knees.

Spurraider simply wasn't aware of this....obviously. Of course we won't ever hear......ok man, didn't know that, my bad.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Ex-Sooners' QB says knees won't let him play

Come on man
    everybody knew he wasn't a good prospect coming out anyway

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    everybody knew he wasn't a good prospect coming out anyway
    So.....where exactly are you going with this....???? Why bring up a guy who failed physicals? You don't think the NFL knew about this? So you brought him up.....because?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So.....where exactly are you going with this....???? Why bring up a guy who failed physicals? You don't think the NFL knew about this? So you brought him up.....because?
    you asked for a productive qb from an elite school that wasn't given a shot, and jason white went undrafted

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    NEW YORK -- A Heisman Trophy on Jason White's resume wasn't enough to get him drafted.
    Oklahoma had 11 players drafted, but the Sooners quarterback was not one of them.

After having six players taken in the first three rounds, five more Sooners were selected Sunday in rounds four through seven, including cornerback Antonio Perkins, linebacker Lance Mitc and safety Donte Nicholson.
    "I'm real happy for our players and very proud of them, too," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. "I have a lot of confidence that they'll go on and do well in the NFL and I believe the players that were drafted will be joined by others who will sign as free agents.
    "We're happy about the number but not surprised. Look back over the last few years at the Big 12 championships, all the victories and the BCS bowls. It's obvious we had a lot of good players."
    Oklahoma has played in the last two Bowl Championship Series le games, losing both.
    White rebounded from two major knee injuries to win the Heisman two years ago, throwing for 3,946 yards and 40 touchdowns.
    He received a waiver from the NCAA to return for a sixth season at Oklahoma last year and made another run at the Heisman. He passed for 35 TDs and 3,205 yards, and finished third in the Heisman voting behind quarterback Matt Leinart of Southern California and Sooners freshman tailback Adrian Peterson.
    But White, with sketchy arm strength and a history of injuries that have cut into his quickness and mobility, was projected to be a late-round selection at best.
    Instead, he'll look to latch on as a free agent.

Fourteen quarterbacks were taken in the seven-round draft, including Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrickand James Killian of Tulsa.
    The last Heisman Trophy winner to not be drafted was Charlie Ward, who won the award with Florida State in 1993, but he made it known he was going to play basketball instead. Ward was a first-round pick in the NBA for the New York Knicks.
    Among the other prominent players to go undrafted were Tennessee tackle Michael Munoz, the son of Hall of Famer Anthony Munoz, and Michigan safety Ernest Shazor, who left school after his junior season. Munoz and Shazor were All-Americans last season.

see? he clearly was still looking to play/get drafted. he didn't declare himself unable to play until later. despite his obvious flaws (arm strength, mobility) he put up monstrous numbers and was a heisman caliber guy... in a legit div 1 school. but scouts looked at the flaws as opposed to the stats. this is what i've been telling you

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you asked for a productive qb from an elite school that wasn't given a shot, and jason white went undrafted
    I assumed you had enought common sense to realize nobody is drafting a QB who failed a physical...DURING THE DRAFT PROCESS.

Dude, how about....ok Avante, I didn't know about the knees, my bad...ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    NEW YORK -- A Heisman Trophy on Jason White's resume wasn't enough to get him drafted.
    Oklahoma had 11 players drafted, but the Sooners quarterback was not one of them.

After having six players taken in the first three rounds, five more Sooners were selected Sunday in rounds four through seven, including cornerback Antonio Perkins, linebacker Lance Mitc and safety Donte Nicholson.
    "I'm real happy for our players and very proud of them, too," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. "I have a lot of confidence that they'll go on and do well in the NFL and I believe the players that were drafted will be joined by others who will sign as free agents.
    "We're happy about the number but not surprised. Look back over the last few years at the Big 12 championships, all the victories and the BCS bowls. It's obvious we had a lot of good players."
    Oklahoma has played in the last two Bowl Championship Series le games, losing both.
    White rebounded from two major knee injuries to win the Heisman two years ago, throwing for 3,946 yards and 40 touchdowns.
    He received a waiver from the NCAA to return for a sixth season at Oklahoma last year and made another run at the Heisman. He passed for 35 TDs and 3,205 yards, and finished third in the Heisman voting behind quarterback Matt Leinart of Southern California and Sooners freshman tailback Adrian Peterson.
    But White, with sketchy arm strength and a history of injuries that have cut into his quickness and mobility, was projected to be a late-round selection at best.
    Instead, he'll look to latch on as a free agent.

Fourteen quarterbacks were taken in the seven-round draft, including Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrickand James Killian of Tulsa.
    The last Heisman Trophy winner to not be drafted was Charlie Ward, who won the award with Florida State in 1993, but he made it known he was going to play basketball instead. Ward was a first-round pick in the NBA for the New York Knicks.
    Among the other prominent players to go undrafted were Tennessee tackle Michael Munoz, the son of Hall of Famer Anthony Munoz, and Michigan safety Ernest Shazor, who left school after his junior season. Munoz and Shazor were All-Americans last season.

see? he clearly was still looking to play/get drafted. he didn't declare himself unable to play until later. despite his obvious flaws (arm strength, mobility) he put up monstrous numbers and was a heisman caliber guy... in a legit div 1 school. but scouts looked at the flaws as opposed to the stats. this is what i've been telling you
    Dude......HE FAILED A PHYSICAL....ok?

Wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I assumed you had enought common sense to realize nobody is drafting a QB who failed a physical...DURING THE DRAFT PROCESS.

Dude, how about....ok Avante, I didn't know about the knees, my bad...ok?
    he didnt fail a phsyical during the draft process

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Dude......HE FAILED A PHYSICAL....ok?

Wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    not before or during the draft, dummy

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    avante, you can keep searching for links that say jason white failed physicals during or before the draft... but you won't find them.

can you admit you were wrong?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This is bogus?

Because of injuries. He failed physicals during the scoutings prior to the draft. He actually was signed by the ans in 2005... but quit on that year on his own terms citing knee weakness. Basically he took too many hits in college and should have went pro after winning the Heisman and would have been draft for sure.

Why not just admit you knew nothing about the knees situation, dude, it's real obvious..ok? Ya see guy, he had it so bad.....he could only take snaps from the shot gun his senior year. Now think (I know you can) what NFL team is drafting a QB who can't take a snap?

Dude, how about...ok ok man, didn't know any of that, my bad?

copy

The NFL scouts knew exactly how bad his knees were that's why he wasn't drafted. These guys know there jobs. He wasn'r drafted because he didn't have skills, he wasn't drafted because no GM wanted to spend a draft pick on someone who wasn't going to last too long. Most teams would rather develop someone who would be around a while.
    Jason's knees were protected in practice the last couple of years with reduced reps however, when he had to put in major reps and do complete workouts at the pro level, his knees couldn't handle the abuse. Retirement was more of a way to keep his knees for later in life than it was a way to avoid getting cut. Why limp around for the rest of his life when he can avoid the abuse and get on with life.

Come on dummy, why keep ignoring what actually happened there, instead of looking ridiculous....ok?

Jason White wasn't drafted because the NFL knew all about his knees, and how he couldn't even take snaps from undrer center......ALRIGHT?

Do your homework...rookie!
    Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2014 at 11:24 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    This is bogus?

Because of injuries. He failed physicals during the scoutings prior to the draft.
    please provide a link to this claim

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    please provide a link to this claim

I'll look for one.

So tell me little man, why are you totally ignoring this?

2003: QB Jason White, Oklahoma (undrafted)
    Despite White's stellar collegiate career, he went undrafted in 2005 because of injury concerns regarding his two surgically repaired knees, both of which had anterior cruciate ligament tears. Only one NFL team, the ans, saw him as a fit. And that was if he made the Tennessee roster in the spring of 2005 as an undrafted free agent. Unfortunately for him, his knees didn't hold up and his NFL hopes were halted before they could get going. He is currently a businessman in his home state of Oklahoma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you knew all about his knees situation as being the reason NFL teams passed on him.....right? Yet you still tried to sell it was about his lack of skils...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Dude, come on man, it's really obvious you found out about his knees....tonight...ok?

Little man, Google.......why was Oklahoma QB Jason White passed over by the NFL.......tell me what you find, ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2014 at 11:36 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I'll look for one.

So tell me little man, why are you totally ignoring this?

2003: QB Jason White, Oklahoma (undrafted)
    Despite White's stellar collegiate career, he went undrafted in 2005 because of injury concerns regarding his two surgically repaired knees, both of which had anterior cruciate ligament tears. Only one NFL team, the ans, saw him as a fit. And that was if he made the Tennessee roster in the spring of 2005 as an undrafted free agent. Unfortunately for him, his knees didn't hold up and his NFL hopes were halted before they could get going. He is currently a businessman in his home state of Oklahoma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you knew all about his knees situation as being the reason NFL teams passed on him.....right? Yet you still tried to sell it was about his lack of skils...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Dude, come on man, it's really obvious you found out about his knees....tonight...ok?
    where does this say that Jason White failed a physical before the draft?

Thread Information