Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2160
    Tbh I was right about Flowers playing runningback, I was wrong to assume you wouldn't go full autist from a single near irrelevant line in my post.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tbh I was right about Flowers playing runningback, I was wrong to assume you wouldn't go full autist from a single near irrelevant line in my post.
    This is what you actually said...

But track speed doesn't mean jack when you're talking about football anyways. Flowers was a ty runningback.

That is totally/completely/100% wrong. If a guy can play football...AND..has that track speed he will be special. History has proven that.....fact!!!!

Here we see the fastest running back to ever play football, once he became a Cowboy, they made a wide receiver out of him. He is the first HBCU NFL receiver to have a 1000 yards receiving. And he is in the Hall of Fame. What was his game, yep.....speed!

Last edited by Avante; 11-07-2014 at 03:25 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So we see Andy Dalton in a TV commercial, now he apears to suck.

Eli Manning was doing fine, winning SB's then here comes the commercials, what has he done since?

RGIII...hahaha!!!!

Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson doing commercials......5-3

There's Kaepernick doing TV spots, he's sucking.

Cam Newton doing all that TV stuff, look at him now.

I know......what about Peyton and Rodgers, ok, they make it work but they aren't young players either.

I have this theory that the other players the vets resent these guys making that extra $$$ and getting all the attention. Older guys like Manning/Rodgers have more respect.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    + 430

Week 10

KC-2
    Balt-9.5
    Arizona -7
    Detroit - 3
    Pitt-5
    NO-5
    Denver-11
    Dall-5

110 to win 100

Will play GB-7 but not sure for how much, it will depend on my day.

Also looking at Philly minus the number, will need to see where I stand.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    So we see Andy Dalton in a TV commercial, now he apears to suck.

Eli Manning was doing fine, winning SB's then here comes the commercials, what has he done since?

RGIII...hahaha!!!!

Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson doing commercials......5-3

There's Kaepernick doing TV spots, he's sucking.

Cam Newton doing all that TV stuff, look at him now.

I know......what about Peyton and Rodgers, ok, they make it work but they aren't young players either.

I have this theory that the other players the vets resent these guys making that extra $$$ and getting all the attention. Older guys like Manning/Rodgers have more respect.
    Dri Archer not appearing in any commercials ever...still a scrub.

But track speed doesn't mean jack when you're talking about football anyways. Flowers was a ty runningback.

That is totally/completely/100% wrong. If a guy can play football...AND..has that track speed he will be special. History has proven that.....fact!!!!

Here we see the fastest running back to ever play football, once he became a Cowboy, they made a wide receiver out of him. He is the first HBCU NFL receiver to have a 1000 yards receiving. And he is in the Hall of Fame. What was his game, yep.....speed!

Flowers was a wide receiver

That is totally/completely/100% wrong. You actually thought you run a single, ONE, runningback in the Wing-T. Anyone's who's played a lick of high school football in the last 30 years knows no one does that!

Give it up small fry, I just exposed you harder than you exposed that 14 y/o in Vietnam. How have you been involved in high school football for the last X years but have no idea how basic high school offenses work?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Jimbo taking fatty to the woodshed.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dri Archer not appearing in any commercials ever...still a scrub.
    So how did West do Thursday night, hahaha!!!!!!!

Only a dummy would play what you play, so what happens if Archer did come on small fry? Now think.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Flowers was a wide receiver

That is totally/completely/100% wrong. You actually thought you run a single, ONE, runningback in the Wing-T. Anyone's who's played a lick of high school football in the last 30 years knows no one does that!

Give it up small fry, I just exposed you harder than you exposed that 14 y/o in Vietnam. How have you been involved in high school football for the last X years but have no idea how basic high school offenses work?
    First off shorty, I never pulled any liberty in Vietnam so just like football you have no idea what you're talking about. And....where in the did you get this stupid idea 14 year old kids were allowed in the bars? Dude, hahahaha!!!!!!

Flowers caught over 1000 yards worth of passes while at Tenn, he never had a year where he caught less than 24 passes. At no time was he just a basic running back only, ok little man? He had 9 tds as a receiver, he had 7 as a RB. He lined up all over the place, like I said, think Percy Harvin not Marshawn Lynch.....ok?

Richmond McDavid Flowers Jr. Position: DB-WR
    Height: 6-0 Weight: 180 lbs.

He left HS as a wide receiver, he spent most his Tenn career as "just" a wide receiver, he was drafted as a wide receiver. But....ended up playing cornerback. See ya learned something slick.

Now tell me again about how sprint speed means nothing, hahahaha!!!!!!! You do know that 40 times do decide draft status.....right? Let me guess....you didn't know that either.

You must feel pretty stupid trying to run.....sprint speed means nothing in football....and then seeing all those there because of that speed. The Raiders adored speed.

Have a wide receiver run a 4.65 and watch what round he goes in.

Since this is brought up all the time....

That young girl sex slave thing wasn't about the bar scene, ok? Those girls had to be 18, sure some 16 year olds had fake ID's but there was no way we saw 12-15 year old kids n the bars, ok? Those young girls were in the brothels/ houses.....ok? I was into dancing/drinking and the bars.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-08-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm going to do something only I can do. How about an NFL Olympics? I don't think most of you really get this track/football connection.

*** a Raider sometime in their career

110HH...all sub14.00

lane

1.Jerry Tarr Orgeon/Broncos
    2.Rod Woodson Purdue/Steelers***
    3.Willie Gault Tenn/Bears***
    4.Renaldo Nehemiah Maryland/Niners
    5.Richmond Flowers Tenn/Giants
    6.James Owens UCLA/Niners
    7.Earl McCullouch USC/Lions
    8.Jabari Greer Tenn/Saints

100m all sub 9.2/10.10

lane

1.Jacoby Ford Clemson/Raiders
    2.Sam Graddy Tenn/Broncos ***
    3.Trindon Holliday LSU/Broncos
    4.Bob Hayes FAMU/Cowboys
    5.Ron Brown ASU/Rams ***
    6.Jimmy Hines TSU/Dolphins
    7.Darrel Green Tex A&I/Redskins
    8.Willie McGee Alcorn/Chargers

400m all sub46.00

lane

1.Terry McDaneil Tenn/Raiders
    2.Johnny Thomas Baylor/Redskins
    3.Ollie Matson USF/Cards
    4.Larry Jones NEMo/Redskins
    5.Rod Jones SMU/Jets
    6.Rod Barksdale Arizona/Raiders
    7.Russell Carter SMU/Jets
    8.Alvis Whitted NCSt/Raiders

Long Jump all over 26 feet

Eric Metcalf Texas/Browns
    James Lofton Stanford/Packers ***
    James McAlister UCLA/Eagles
    Vance Johnson Arizona/Broncos
    Chris Sanders Ohio St/ ans
    Bo Roberson Cornell/Raiders
    Latin Berry Oregon/Rams
    Marquis Goodwin Texas/Bills

200m all sub21.00

lane

1.Michael Bates Arizona/Seahawks
    2.Larry Burton Purdue/Saints
    3.Henry Carr ASU/Giants
    4.Tommie Smith SJS/Bengals
    5.Frank Budd Villanova/Eagles
    6.Ray Norton SJS/Niners
    7.Stone Johnson Grambling/Chiefs
    8.Jerome Mathis Hampton/Texans

4x1 relay

lane

1.Giants...Richmond Flowers...Homer Jones...Henry Carr...Clarence Childs
    2.Cowboys...Herschel Walker...Terrence Newman...Deion Sanders...Bob Hayes
    3.Raiders "A"...Jacoby Ford...James Jett...Sam Graddy...Ron Brown
    4.Chiefs...Sammie Parker...Eddie Kennison...Stone Johnson...Ken Thomas
    5.Raiders "B"...Cliff Branch...Alvis Whitted...James Trapp...Alexander Wright
    6.Packers...Steve Odom...Phil Epps...Mike Miller...Travis Williams
    7.Bears...Willie Gault...Cecil Turner....Virgil Livers...Curtis Conway
    8.Oilers...Herkie Walls...Charles Frazier...Tony Jones...Ken Burroughs

We have sixteen Olympians up there.

Right now....

Percy Harvin
    Sammy Watkins
    Chris Johnson
    Trindon Holliday
    C.J.Spiller
    Robert Woods
    Marquis Goodwin
    Devin Hester
    Jamaal Charles
    Mike Wallace

...were all track guys.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-08-2014 at 06:30 AM.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count

Flowers caught over 1000 yards worth of passes while at Tenn, he never had a year where he caught less than 24 passes. At no time was he just a basic running back only, ok little man? He had 9 tds as a receiver, he had 7 as a RB. He lined up all over the place, like I said, think Percy Harvin not Marshawn Lynch.....ok?
    Sounds more like a rb that was used in the passing game.

Sounds more like a rb that was used in the passing game.
    He was a wingback during most of his freshman year, his sop re year and his junior year. He was definitely a tailback his senior year. This stuff isn't even debatable tbh. Like the UT website even says

He got a hundred more carries his senior year than he did his junior year too...

But yeah, a wingback is basically just an athlete position. You have to be able to block, carry the ball and catch it. Most teams back then just put their most athletic player in that position. Walter Payton played it. Basically you just got guys that had runningback like athleticism and told em to play a receiver-like position that blocked more often.

It was closer to Percy Harvin than like Lynch, but a little different. Since blocking was a primary duty of the position you had to be a bit bigger. Like OJ Simpson played wingback early on in his career in the NFL.

I don't know how football savant Avante doesn't know any of this . Especially when every other high school offense plays the Wing T.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He was a wingback during most of his freshman year, his sop re year and his junior year. He was definitely a tailback his senior year. This stuff isn't even debatable tbh. Like the UT website even says

He got a hundred more carries his senior year than he did his junior year too...

But yeah, a wingback is basically just an athlete position. You have to be able to block, carry the ball and catch it. Most teams back then just put their most athletic player in that position. Walter Payton played it. Basically you just got guys that had runningback like athleticism and told em to play a receiver-like position that blocked more often.

It was closer to Percy Harvin than like Lynch, but a little different. Since blocking was a primary duty of the position you had to be a bit bigger. Like OJ Simpson played wingback early on in his career in the NFL.

I don't know how football savant Avante doesn't know any of this . Especially when every other high school offense plays the Wing T.
    We all know that my man, my point is Flowers was a WR when it came to the NFL and this is a "pro" football forum. The guy was 180 pounder, what's that tell us? He was a WR who "also" played some RB...ok?

Tell us all again about how sprint speed means nothing in football...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Avante; 11-09-2014 at 09:52 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Save the queen lol

We all know that my man, my point is Flowers was a WR when it came to the NFL and this is a "pro" football forum. The guy was 180 pounder, what's that tell us? He was a WR who "also" played some RB...ok?

Tell us all again about how sprint speed means nothing in football...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the thing. You said a "a wingback is a WR."

Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.

As someone who is a footballologist who studies football, I am telling you, specifically, in football, no one calls wingbacks WRs. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "Receiver" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Receiver, which includes things from WRs to RBs to TEs.

So your reasoning for calling a wingback a WR is because random people "call the guys that catch balls receivers?" Let's get fullbacks and punt returners in there, then, too.
    Also, calling Flowers a receiver or an Wingback? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A wingback is a receiver and a member of the receiver family. But that's not what you said. You said a wingback is a wide receiver, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the receiver family wide receivers, which means you'd call runningbacks, tight ends, and other position that could possibly catch a ball a receiver, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Here's the thing. You said a "a wingback is a WR."

Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.

As someone who is a footballologist who studies football, I am telling you, specifically, in football, no one calls wingbacks WRs. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "Receiver" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Receiver, which includes things from WRs to RBs to TEs.

So your reasoning for calling a wingback a WR is because random people "call the guys that catch balls receivers?" Let's get fullbacks and punt returners in there, then, too.
    Also, calling Flowers a receiver or an Wingback? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A wingback is a receiver and a member of the receiver family. But that's not what you said. You said a wingback is a wide receiver, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the receiver family wide receivers, which means you'd call runningbacks, tight ends, and other position that could possibly catch a ball a receiver, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?
    I saw Flowers play while at Tenn, he was a wide receiver. He was a wide receiver in HS and was drafted as a WR. He was never "just" a RB. Take it or leave it little guy.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson has won....34 games so far in his career, what QB won that many in his first 46?

Who threw for more TD's?

Who won a SB in his first 37?

What QB had a higher passer rating after 46 games?

What QB ran for more yards?

Well?

I saw Flowers play while at Tenn, he was a wide receiver. He was a wide receiver in HS and was drafted as a WR. He was never "just" a RB. Take it or leave it little guy.
    Care to read this back to me?

Later that fall, he returned to the Vols and moved to tailback.

What do you think a tailback is exactly?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Care to read this back to me?

Later that fall, he returned to the Vols and moved to tailback.

What do you think a tailback is exactly?
    Really getting bored with this shorty.

Flowers was all over the place, he was a wide receiver he was in the slot, he was a RB. But....he was recruited by Tenn as a WR, he was also drafted as a WR. If you see that as a running back....I don't.

Done with it, yep....boring!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if ya wanna try and sell..."sprint speed means nothing in football"....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Check him out....

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Before Marshawn Lynch there was.....

The greatest power back of all time is totally lost in obscurity today, and will never be found on any lists.

Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill was signed as a free agent by the Chiefs, he missed most his senior year at Southern U (small black school) injured. He was around 5-9 225 pounds and ran like a deranged camel. It was as if somebody on the defense had said something about his mama, he was that violent. He had little wiggle and not much speed, it was his at ude. In his two seasons he averaged over 5 yards a carry between the tackles.

Before the end of his second season Hill sustained a knee injury that required surgery, he died on the operating table.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HillMa00.htm
    Last edited by Avante; 11-10-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How I missed "the spot" I don't know. The Steelers finally going back on the road after a three game home stand playing a bad team heading into a bye week. The Jets 4-1 the last 5 seasons ATS before a bye. When were the red hot Steelers going to cool down....yep, on the road vs a weakling.

Yep......DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Bears quit and I had a feeling they would, I should have played more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cards can win without Palmer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niners are still done, they got real lucky and they know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dez Bryant is re ed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jordy Nelson might be the best "white' receiver ever. Unlike Largent, Biletnikoff, Berry he can run after the catch. I can't count Don Hutson, he played against slow white DB's.

Ignore the above, Lance Alworth was the best white receiver. Welker plays a unique role.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never seen a QB laugh more in a game than I did Aaron Rodgers last night.

Really getting bored with this shorty.

Flowers was all over the place, he was a wide receiver he was in the slot, he was a RB. But....he was recruited by Tenn as a WR, he was also drafted as a WR. If you see that as a running back....I don't.

Done with it, yep....boring!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if ya wanna try and sell..."sprint speed means nothing in football"....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
    You're getting bored cause you know you're full of it.

The guy had 110 carries and 25 receptions his senior year. That isn't a WR.

In conclusion, I have now identified the fastest white RB in history while Avante couldn't.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're getting bored cause you know you're full of it.

The guy had 110 carries and 25 receptions his senior year. That isn't a WR.

In conclusion, I have now identified the fastest white RB in history while Avante couldn't.
    You're not getting it at all, why am I not surprised? Flowers spent most his football career as a WR...ok shorty? He was recruited/drafted as a WR......alright little fella?

And Flowers wasn't the fastest white cat to play running back.

You're not getting it at all, why am I not surprised? Flowers spent most his football career as a WR...ok shorty? He was recruited/drafted as a WR......alright little fella?

And Flowers wasn't the fastest white cat to play running back.
    He spent most of his career as a wingback, not a WR. He spent his senior season as a tailback. This isn't even disputable which is why this is so pathetic

I didn't even realize he played runningback in high school too, it makes sense though. You don't waste that kind of athleticism on a high school team on a guy who'll only touch the ball on a quarter of the possessions at WR. Especially not back then.

During his senior year, Flowers Jr. was a standout running back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/classic/bio/news/story?page=Flowers_Richmond

But tbh, I'll switch my position on this. Even though a Wingback is more RB than WR, (hence the back in the name, and playing in the slot versus out wide...) he wasn't a full time tailback until his senior season. He had already slowed down by then because of injury, and I don't know how his senior season track feats match up on the GWRBOAT (greatest white runningbacks of all time) list.

Thread Information