Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2160
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I said this back in his Baylor days.....RGIII will not make it in the NFL. Then after his good rookie season I thought I was wrong, nope....I was right. People forget that at Baylor his running ability was a biggie, defenses had to play that. We don't see that in the NFL. He also didn't throw into tight windows like what is needed at the NFL level. He pretty much just tossed (instead of throw) it out there for someone to run under. He wasn't throwing guys open. Now add his personality, that....me-itist.

There is a commercial he did in his rookie season that has him running and jumping and we see track times attached to this, times he never ran. Yet he allowed that bull to stand. And this..."world class"...hurdler thing is bull . The guy never even made the NCAA finals. He was simply a "good" Big12 hurdler, nothing "world class" about him. He has never .."I was just a decent hurdler".

He;s done now as a Redskins QB, you do not talk about your teammates like he did. That is the one thing no player can do and get away with it, and he won't.

I expect to see McCoy finish the season as the starting Redskins QB.Then next season either a vet brought in or someone drafted.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    How about that "lethal" Seahawks team? They are sure destroying the league with that 6-4 record and allowing Jamal Charles to run all over them, tbh.
    Your team lost to the Jets. You are not allowed to speak ill of any other team for the rest of the season.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Do the Colts get Ben Tate?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Do the Colts get Ben Tate?
    I was going to talk about that, ya beat me to it.

Who else is out there that could step in (football shape) right now? Trent Richardson has no burst at all, yep...a bust. I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts are already talking to Tate.

Richardson is a simply a banger, a third and 1 guy.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    I was going to talk about that, ya beat me to it.

Who else is out there that could step in (football shape) right now? Trent Richardson has no burst at all, yep...a bust. I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts are already talking to Tate.

Richardson is a simply a banger, a third and 1 guy.
    I don't see how the Colts wouldn't put in a waiver for Tate. They just have to hope he reaches them.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't see how the Colts wouldn't put in a waiver for Tate. They just have to hope he reaches them.
    How many playoff contenders need a running back? I'd think Tate would want to go with a good team, a place he is genuined to start.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The real reason Tate wasn't needed wasn't so much about Terrance West as it was Isaih Crowell.

Crowell started off at Georgia then got in some trouble (???). He ended up in the...SWAC...at Alabama State.

Which got me thinking about the SWAC running backs and the NFL.

How about...

Raiders...Clem Daneils, their first 1000 yard rusher, Prairie View
    Bears...The great Walter Payton...Jackson St
    Rams...Paul "Tank" Younger Grambling, the first player from the SWAC in the NFL. Willie Ellison a 1000 yd rusher, Texas Southern
    Chiefs....Robert "Tank" Holmes and Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, both out of Southern U, both signed on as free agents.
    Bengals...Essex Johnson...Grambling
    Chargers...Ricky Young...Jackson St

Oh yeah....Jerry Rice came out of this conference, Mississippi Valley State

As we know Terrance West came out of tiny Towson. So what other notable RB's came out RinkyDinky U?

Chris Warren...Furman/Seahawks
    Wilbert Montgomery....ACU/Eagles
    Bass...UOP/Rams
    Dave Meggett...Towson/Giants
    Fred Jackson...Coe/Bills
    Stump Mitc ...The Citadel
    Joe "The Jet" Perry...Compton JC

Not sure we could call the Ivy League RinkyDinkyU.

The greatest NFL back to come out of an Ivy League school....Calvin Hill Yale, he was the first 1000 yard rusher for the Cowboys. A 25 foot long jumper.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-18-2014 at 02:17 PM.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    How many playoff contenders need a running back? I'd think Tate would want to go with a good team, a place he is genuined to start.
    He can only pick a team if he clears waivers.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He can only pick a team if he clears waivers.
    Well no , come on guy.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Well no , come on guy.
    your comment seemed to imply that Tate could pick where he plays. You hate people messing with you here, stop being a jackass because you are never clear about what you write.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    your comment seemed to imply that Tate could pick where he plays. You hate people messing with you here, stop being a jackass because you are never clear about what you write.
    I do tend to take into consideration everyone knows I'm a long long time pro football fan, so I do say some things assuming things are simply understood. I'll try to be more precise.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The NFL needs to try some other system to determine the playoff teams. We need to see the best teams involved. Something we won't be seeing using the current method. No 7-9 teams belongs there, while some 10-6 team isn't.

I also think they need to stop playing inter conference games. There needs to be some mystery involved like it was back in the old AFL days. There was a lot of..."just how would the Chargers do vs the Rams" In a couple weeks we'll see the Patriots vs the Packers, that could be a SB preview, so if they meet up there......we have already seen the game. Where's the mystery?

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Avante, I have a trend for you, my ..

Home dogs that are getting at least 8 points are 26-9 vs. the spread the past few years, tbh..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante, I have a trend for you, my ..

Home dogs that are getting at least 8 points are 26-9 vs. the spread the past few years, tbh..
    Once upon a time the strongest role a team could play was a small (3 or less) home dog, then it kind of dried up.

That is the kind of thing I try to search out and why yes there really is a science to this.

I do have a hard time playing dogs and it does hurt my game. I want the better QB, better team, at home. But....now I have to deal with a big number, something we don't see (usually) backing home dogs.

When we do see a number like that 8 we are going be seeing an elite team vs one of the weaklings. Not unlike Thursdays game with Chiefs at Raiders. It started off at Chiefs - 7.5.

Where did you come across that trend at?

Keep in mind a team will play one of these four roles...

HF...home fav
    RF...road fav
    HD...home dog
    RD...home dog

You find a team that as a HF is 12-2ATS last 14 vs a team at 2-12 as a RD..... there's a play.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Once upon a time the strongest role a team could play was a small (3 or less) home dog, then it kind of dried up.

That is the kind of thing I try to search out and why yes there really is a science to this.

I do have a hard time playing dogs and it does hurt my game. I want the better QB, better team, at home. But....now I have to deal with a big number, something we don't see (usually) backing home dogs.

When we do see a number like that 8 we are going be seeing an elite team vs one of the weaklings. Not unlike Thursday game with Chiefs at Raiders. It started off at Cheifs - 7.5.

Where did you come across that trend at?
    Heard it on a betting podcast today..

The only team that fits the criteria is the Vikings @ home, but I wouldn't risk taking them against a hot Packers/Aaron Rodgers right now IMO..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Heard it on a betting podcast today..

The only team that fits the criteria is the Vikings @ home, but I wouldn't risk taking them against a hot Packers/Aaron Rodgers right now IMO..
    I know guys who only play division games, and that is a very smart way to go. You have a ton of trends/stats and will get a real effort.

Breaking down Packers at Vikes

Packers are 5-1-1 ATS last seven in this "spot'. Last time at Vikes...44-31. That was the game before Rodgers got hurt.

Little doubt this Packer team is better than that one while the Vikes are about where they were more or less.

Packers are plus a gaudy 105 as far as points go, the Vikes a weak minus 39.

Why not lay the number?
    Last edited by Avante; 11-19-2014 at 03:32 PM.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I know guys who only play division games, and that is a very smart way to go. You have a ton of trends/stats and will get a real effort.

Breaking down Packers at Vikes

Packers are 5-1-1 ATS last seven in this "spot'. Last time at Vikes...44-31. That was the game before Rodgers got hurt.

Little doubt this Packer team is better than that one while the Vikes are about where they were more or less.

Packers are plus a gaudy 105 as far as points go, the Vikes a weak minus 39.

Why not lay the number?
    I agree, I meant I wouldn't risk betting against the Packers, even with the 26-9 stat..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I agree, I meant I wouldn't risk betting against the Packers, even with the 26-9 stat..
    When we see a stat like that it is important to know the teams involved.

At this stage of a season it really does start coming down to QB play. I want to play Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Luck, RW, Rivers, Brees.....the best I can. What are the odds of all of those guys losing ATS on the same weekend?

I also look for teams in a serious playoff hunt vs those out of it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Kansas City Texans/Chiefs running backs.

The first star of the old AFL was a slick running back out of North Texas St named Abner Haynes. He was the leagues first rushing leader, one of those...multi purpose...types, he returned kicks and could catch the ball.

While Haynes was there they also had Curtis "The Count" McClinton out of Kansas, all he did was win the Rookie of the Year Award. A power back with some zip. He would be the first AFLer to score vs the NFL, yep, the first SB (wasn't called that then).

Heisman winner Mike Garrett was the first big name Chiefs running back, cat was quick and elusive.

Then there was...

Woody Green ASU
    Ed Podolak Iowa
    Warren McVea Houston
    Robert "Tank" Holmes Southern U
    Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill Southern U

The 1000 yard rushers

Tony Reed Colorado
    Mike Garrett USC
    Abner Haynes NTS
    Priest Holmes Texas
    Christian "The Nigerian Nightmare" Okoye
    Larry Johnson Penn State
    Joe Delaney NWLa

Jamaal Charles Texas....here we have a guy who could have been a "world class" sprinter if not for football. He had that kind of speed. He is the king of the 5 yard average, no player in NFL history matches his average per carry with the same amount of carries. A case can be made that he is the best back in the league right now.

I will add this....

The Raiders could match that when it comes to running backs.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-20-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Blount back to the Pats.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Blount back to the Pats.
    What are the picks for the week? I'm torn, I'm on a cold streak and I'm back down to .500

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Avante

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    week 12

40-32 plus $1280

Time to start factoring in the weather which doesn't help things any. But....it's also the time playoff contenders start getting real serious.

NE-7....Belichick/Brady at home in November....nuff said.

Miami +7....the Fish can rush the QB, the Broncos are banged up. Historically speaking the Dollphins are 4-0ATS last 4 in Denver.

Dallas-3.5....Dallas is one of the best Nov teams in the league. 40-24ATS as a fav. The G-men 11-28 as a Nov dog. The Cowboys 3-1ATS last 4 vs Giants.

Niners - 9...I hate to lay anything over 7 but here we have a Niners team knowing the Cards could lose in Seattle at home vs a Redskins team that sucks on the road, now add the RGIII factor. Can't ignore the Niners 6-2 in this "spot" either.

Packers-9....the stats/trends all say Vikes in this "spot" but how do we ignore Aaron Rodgers vs a rookie QB with that home field advantage in the playoffs a very real possibilty, so we'll see a motivated Packer team. Beat the Vikes 44-31 last season in Minnesota.

If I go 3-2 or better I'll be backing the Ravens on MNF, the Saints aren't all that and the Ravens are 5-1ATS last 6 coming off a bye week. Saints 8-7 as a HF on MNF, the Ravens 5-8 as a RD.

So I have Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Cowboys coming off a bye/a ed up RHIII/a banged up Broncos team....on my side.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-23-2014 at 12:30 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    See, you follow his picks closely and pick the opposite . That's why I want his input.
    Last edited by chunticakes; 11-23-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Seen you follow his picks closely and pick the opposite . That's why I want his input.
    Let's compare your record with mine and you'd be minus $1280.

I challenge you to take the other side in those six games..ok?

Thread Information