Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you are making that up. do you have any evidence to back up your claim? and some random guy on yahoo isn't evidence. is there an article or any sort of league source that said so? i dont think so. maybe you can prove me wrong and shut me up. i doubt it though. until then you are just lying and making stuff up
    Are you people watching this out there? Is this ridiculous or what?

spurraider...........pay attention.

I had no reason...(ya with me son) ...to doubt what that guy said about White's failed physical,,,(can you grasp this?). Why would anyone think White could pass any physical (you getting confused)..ok? I nevrer ever ever doubted that happened until you challenged it (ya with me sonny). So I'm thinking it happened (you don't get it..right?)

Man, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!....wow! Dude....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously the little totally ed up trying to talk about a gimp the NFL was never going to draft because...he could hardly walk. But the boy didn't know this, so he had to do something to save face......YOU LIED ABOUT...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So obvious it's comical.

Avante...it's midnight
    spurraider...YOU LIED YOU LIED ITS' 1AM~~~~~
    Avante...I guess the battery died.
    spurraider....YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT, YOU LIED YOU LIED!

Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!....poor little kid.

I'm in the white t-shirt, spurraider in the ball cap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBp...eature=related

Teach this little to around with me.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 03:57 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If I'm the Rams I'm checking into Mark Sanchez. He'd be their best bet.

I'll guess...hmmmm?....week 8, Cousins puts RGIII on the bench.

I'd love to see the conference thing dumped. Try something else, why not have a Niners vs Seahawks SB, or a Broncos vs Pats?

First big play of 2014.....Jets minus the points..???

If ya watch high school ball, what's pretty cool is the stadiums are usually so small the camera's are low so ya get a real tight look at things.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 04:44 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Pardon me for going to sleep. I asked you to provide verification for your claim and you found some random guy on yahoo who said it, and not a single actual article. Whether you believed he was lying or not is irrelevant.

The he reason why I remember Jason white well (well enough that a brought him up as soon as you asked) is because USC played Oklahoma in 2005 in whites last game. I've watched him play.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Pardon me for going to sleep. I asked you to provide verification for your claim and you found some random guy on yahoo who said it, and not a single actual article. Whether you believed he was lying or not is irrelevant.

The he reason why I remember Jason white well (well enough that a brought him up as soon as you asked) is because USC played Oklahoma in 2005 in whites last game. I've watched him play.
    Why are you struggling with this as badly as you are?

Back in 2006 I was talking football on boards similiar to this one. We talked about all this back then. Someone mentioned he'd failed a physical, ok that's easy to buy. I saw no reason to...oh yeah well prove it! He would have failed a physical. When you challenged it....THEN..like in...THEN...was the only time I ever thought about it. I then knew it wouldn't be hard to prove it, so I went looking for those old conversations....I have no idea where they went but I did find that guy talking about it. So I'm now still thinking, yep he failed a physical.

See how that went down?

The bottom line guy is this isn't really about that, it's about you being unaware of his bad knees then trying to play it off, when it's totally obvious. Why you can't....ok ok I didn't know about the knees...????

But...this really is getting boring now, ok? Actually losing interest.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    your "supposed" discussion on a football board and a random guy from yahoo answers is not proof that Jason White failed physicals before the draft

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    your "supposed" discussion on a football board and a random guy from yahoo answers is not proof that Jason White failed physicals before the draft
    Not too sharp are ya skippy?

I was convinced that happened, I don't go around assuming everyone is lying. I took their word for it because it made all the sense in the world. I had no reason to.....PROVE IT!

So why do you continue to get all wrapped up in that when the important thing here is you trying to sell a guy the NFL was never going to draft? I;m done talking about the physical, let's talk about this...ok?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    good to hear that you're done lying about jason white's physical. now back to football

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    good to hear that you're done lying about jason white's physical. now back to football
    The only liar here was you and it was so obvious. I will give ya props however that....you lied about.....smart move. Get this off the fact you knew nothing about the knees.

Dude, you fooled nobody, ok?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    apology accepted

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

That damn Avante, he knew I knew nothing about the knees, and I know he still thinks White failed a physical. I hurt all over from the beating I took, but I did learn something.........stay at my level not ready to take on the big boys.

Booty was drafted in the 5th round.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 07:55 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    translation: i made that up about white failing a pre-draft physical, which is why instead of finding an actual article about it, i cite my alleged "old sports messageboard conversations" as well as a random yahoo user

but i will go down with this ship

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation: i made that up about white failing a pre-draft physical, which is why instead of finding an actual article about it, i cite my alleged "old sports messageboard conversations" as well as a random yahoo user

but i will go down with this ship
    Little man, why try to prove things you assume are true, why are you not getting that? I still think it's true. Are you working at not getting this?

All you are trying to do with that is get away from your lie about the knees, you really think it isn't obvious, hahaha!!!!! Come on man, own up, you lied and it's obvious.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Little man, why try to prove things you assume are true, why are you not getting that? I still think it's true. Are you working at not getting this?

All you are trying to do with that is get away from your lie about the knees, you really think it isn't obvious, hahaha!!!!! Come on man, own up, you lied and it's obvious.
    just because you incorrectly assumed it to be true doesn't make it true. you still made it up and said it about a dozen times in this thread instead of saying "ok, maybe he didn't fail a physical, but he still had shaky knees."

that would still be an appropriate rebuttal, but you insist on sticking with the lie and looking foolish

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    just because you incorrectly assumed it to be true doesn't make it true. you still made it up and said it about a dozen times in this thread instead of saying "ok, maybe he didn't fail a physical, but he still had shaky knees."

that would still be an appropriate rebuttal, but you insist on sticking with the lie and looking foolish
    So what does any of that have to do with you lying about his knees? Why lie about something you obviously knew nothing about?

Dude, if you would have known about his knees you would have known that's why he wasn't drafted.

You're a liar guy.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So what does any of that have to do with you lying about his knees? Why lie about something you obviously knew nothing about?

Dude, if you would have known about his knees you would have known that's why he wasn't drafted.

You're a liar guy.
    to be fair, i can't promise you that i'm in the head of all the GM's that passed on jason white. i think a large part of it had to do with him having a poor arm and no mobility. he still had a poor arm and no mobility in college, but it didnt stop him from having heisman type seasons. its not like his knees suddenly imploded between his college career and the draft.

with that same token, he was still trying to play in the NFL, trying out for a couple of teams. he did call it quits after starting full time practicing, citing his knees, but that doesn't necessarily mean its the only reason he wasn't drafted. almost any source you look at for his scouting reports will tell you they were scared off by his arm and his mobility issues.

the mobility issues did come from knee injuries in the past, but he well played at an elite COLLEGE level despite those limitations.

unlike you, i am not the one inventing wild allegations, in your case, you conjured his "failed pre-draft physicals" out of thin air to try to stick to your guns.

the main point of this conversation (the origins, at least) was to talk about how college stats are not the only indicators and often not the most important indicators when it comes to projecting NFL talents. even before his knees gave out, scouts were concerned that his arm and mobility would render him ineffective in the pros, even though those same arm/mobility questions didn't stop him from playing at a heisman-level in the college game

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    john david booty put up solid numbers while playing for USC but was a draft afterthought. Matt Flynn led LSU to a le but was a 7th round pick

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    First off how do I conjure things out of thin air when I took you to where I read it? Yep..you're lying!

Second of all if a QB has bad knees that with also hurt his ability to throw a football. Simply common sense.

The bottom line is real simple, you brought up a guy who was never going to be drafted.....because of his knees. Then once I let you in on that you saw your mistake and have been trying to cover it up ever sense with....YOU LIED...when all I actually did was convey info I'd read.

Another bottom line is, yes NCAA play is a huge part in this, and only a total fool wouldn't understand that. It is the college game that attracts the NFL, a league that wants to know how long your farts last. They pick at everything they can and we all know this. To think passer rating, average per carry, average per reception, average distance on a punt etc etc aren't real important don't understand the game. You come off as a guy who thinks he knows the game but doesn't.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    john david booty put up solid numbers while playing for USC but was a draft afterthought. Matt Flynn led LSU to a le but was a 7th round pick
    Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl.

Why not do just a tad bit of homework, ok? Dude, check out Flynns numbers...ok? Something you obviously didn't do?

So what was the deal with Booty, you tell me.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl.

Why not do just a tad bit of homework, ok? Dude, check out Flynns numbers...ok? Something you obviously didn't do?

So what was the deal with Booty, you tell me.
    i did look up flynn's numbers. that's why i didnt say "flynn put up good numbers"

sheesh you're not good at this, are you fella

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i did look up flynn's numbers. that's why i didnt say "flynn put up good numbers"

sheesh you're not good at this, are you fella
    I;m not the guy thinking....but he led them to a Championship....means to to the NFL. They know how those games were won.

Why was Booty a draft afterthought?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lack of size, mediocre arm strength, inconsistency with his deep ball.

he also came out a week before the draft and stated he wanted to get picked by the Vikings. he was not very highly touted before that anyway, and we've seen teams select players despite their wishes plenty in the NFL. teams will draft talent if they see fit. the chargers drafted Eli, the colts drafted Elway, etc.

but Booty had solid statistical years playing for an elite NCAA program while also having winning seasons.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    lack of size, mediocre arm strength, inconsistency with his deep ball.

he also came out a week before the draft and stated he wanted to get picked by the Vikings. he was not very highly touted before that anyway, and we've seen teams select players despite their wishes plenty in the NFL. teams will draft talent if they see fit. the chargers drafted Eli, the colts drafted Elway, etc.

but Booty had solid statistical years playing for an elite NCAA program while also having winning seasons.
    Where do I start?

Booty was 6-3 218....lack of size? And he was not a draft...afterthought....the Vikings took him in the 5th round.

Do I really need to go on, ok I will...
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...-booty?id=2002

John David Booty (born January 3, 1985) is a former American football quarterback. He was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the fifth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He last played for the Houston Texans until being cut on September 4, 2010. He played college football at USC.

While the Vikes took him in the 5th round he was their second pick. Hardly a ....draft afterthought.

1. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Kansas City for DE Jared Allen.
    2. ..... TYRELL JOHNSON (43), S, Arkansas State.
    3. ..... (A) NO CHOICE. Traded to Kansas City for DE Jared Allen.
    3. ..... (B) NO CHOICE. Traded to Kansas City for DE Jared Allen.
    4. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Philadelphia in exchange of draft picks.
    5. ..... (A) JOHN DAVID BOOTY (137), QB, Southern California. Choice from Green Bay in exchange of draft picks.
    5. ..... (B) LETROY GUION (152), DT, Florida State. Choice from Philadelphia in exchange of draft picks.
    6. ..... (A) JOHN SULLIVAN (187), C, Notre Dame. Choice from Kansas City in exchange of drat picks.
    6. ..... (B) JAYMAR JOHNSON (193), WR, Jackson State. Choice from Jacksonville in Troy Williamson trade.
    7. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Green Bay in exchange of draft picks.

Being the 6th QB taken is a.....draft afterthought?
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 08:58 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    a 5th round QB pick is generally an afterthought. if a team is serious about a QB they wont last that far

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    a 5th round QB pick is generally an afterthought. if a team is serious about a QB they wont last that far
    Nice try guy, but.....you thought he wasn't even drafted. That's why you ran this.....look at Eli and Elway by me. Booty wanted to play for the Vikes (or so you said) and they drafted him. So what do Eli and Elway have to do with anything?

And....6-3 218 ..is a size issue?

Do your homework slick, I do....ok?

Curious how ya try to wiggle out of another up. This should be good

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Nice try guy, but.....you thought he wasn't even drafted. That's why you ran this.....look at Eli and Elway by me. Booty wanted to play for the Vikes (or so you said) and they drafted him. So what do Eli and Elway have to do with anything?

And....6-3 218 ..is a size issue?

Do your homework slick, I do....ok?

Curious how ya try to wiggle out of another up. This should be good
    when did i say he wasn't drafted? late round picks are afterthoughts

Thread Information