Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i brought up elway and eli as examples of teams that will draft a QB regardless of his desires to play elsewhere. if teams thought Booty was any good, they would have picked him higher than the 5th round. i brought up the elway and eli examples so you can't use the excuse of "teams were scared off by him because he specifically said he wants to play for another team."

when have you ever see a team pick a QB in the 5th round or later with the intention of him being a regular starter? almost every starting QB in the NFL was a 3rd round pick or higher, with random exceptions like Brady and Romo here and there.

only the patriots, cowboys, and texans dont currently have a top 3 round QB as their starter or proposed QB of the future. for this reason i will call a 5th round pick QB an afterthought without second guessing myself
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-25-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not buying it slugger, you made it known Flynn was taken in the 7th round. If you'd of known Booty was taken in the 5th you'd mentioned that also. The 6th QB taken, an afterthought? A teams second draft pick an afterthought?

I noticed you keep ignoring...6-3 218.....why?

Did you read that draft analyisis......of course not.

Then there's...

The coach also discussed USCs John David Booty, who the Bears passed on in the fourth round to draft LSU safety Craig Steltz, and Michigans Chad Henne, who the Bears could have nabbed in the second round.

“We kind of liked [Booty] too. We felt he was going to be maybe the most initially ready to play quarterback in the draft. We didnt know how much upside he had, but hes polished and he played in a really good, pro-style system at SC. All the concepts the NFL runs are very similar to what they were doing. Hes pretty polished. Very accurate on intermediate stuff to low. As it got deep down the field, it didnt always happen for him, but thought that he was polished and certainly could be a No. 2 for a long time and maybe could be a No. 1 but we didnt really project him that high.”
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 09:34 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    sure, i goofed on Booty's size ... i'm willing to admit when i was wrong. if i thought Booty was undrafted i would have put it in those words, just like i did with Jason White

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Not buying it slugger, you made it known Flynn was taken in the 7th round. If you'd of known Booty was taken in the 5th you'd mentioned that also. The 6th QB taken, an afterthought? A teams second draft pick an afterthought?

I noticed you keep ignoring...6-3 218.....why?

Did you read that draft analyisis......of course not.

Then there's...

The coach also discussed USCs John David Booty, who the Bears passed on in the fourth round to draft LSU safety Craig Steltz, and Michigans Chad Henne, who the Bears could have nabbed in the second round.

“We kind of liked [Booty] too. We felt he was going to be maybe the most initially ready to play quarterback in the draft. We didnt know how much upside he had, but hes polished and he played in a really good, pro-style system at SC. All the concepts the NFL runs are very similar to what they were doing. Hes pretty polished. Very accurate on intermediate stuff to low. As it got deep down the field, it didnt always happen for him, but thought that he was polished and certainly could be a No. 2 for a long time and maybe could be a No. 1 but we didnt really project him that high.”
    and this despite putting up good numbers in an elite conference... just making my point

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    and this despite putting up good numbers in an elite conference... just making my point
    Why ignore..."most intially ready to play QB in the draft?"

And.....why do you continue to ignore 6-3 218?

Check it out....
    Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.
    Analysis

Analysis Positives: Has a linear build with adequate muscle thickness and good size for his position...Shows good acceleration on the move and runs with a normal stride...Has the balance and agility to step up and avoid pressure and enough functional hip swerve to slide in the pocket...Has a business-like approach to the game and has been well tutored on how to run an offense, thanks to his family's deep football tradition...Shows the confidence in his arm strength to air the ball out and make all of the throws...Does a decent job of adjusting to game action on the field, but must be quicker in making those decisions at times (will look a bit confused when forced out of the pocket)...Has enough strength to step up and absorb the hit when the pocket collapses...Has the body control to drop back quickly from center to his throwing point, but is best when throwing from the pocket...Throws with zip, but must do it with better consistency...Generally makes good decisions, except when pressured...Has adequate toughness in the pocket and will deliver the ball on time when given proper protection...Has a take-charge at ude in the huddle and the players all respect his leadership ability...Might be a better fit for a short-to-intermediate or West Coast passing attack, as he shows much better accuracy and timing when he sets his feet properly and puts zip on the ball to connect with his targets coming out of their breaks (has a better feel for taking something off the ball working underneath on his short throws and has better accuracy working in this area)...Has adequate slide agility trying to escape from the rush (lacks foot quickness), but will buy time with his strength absorbing hits in the pocket...Once he locates the blitz, he is very efficient at getting the ball out quickly to connect with his target in stride...Showed vast improvement in 2007 in attempts to scan the field and locate his secondary targets (would like on to his primary receiver too much in 2006), showing good accuracy on crossing routes...Has decent awareness to blitzes and stunts, doing a nice job of making adjustments during the pre-snap (has become a much better progression reader) or when reading coverage as he is dropping back to his throw point, demonstrating the ability to check down quickly...Has much better timing throwing over the middle than when firing along the sidelines...Better when throwing from the right hash, but is more comfortable when he steps up in the pocket, as he works well when given time to scan the field and find where his receivers should be than throwing on the move (has better velocity throwing from the right than at the left hash).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Why ignore..."most intially ready to play QB in the draft?"
    and despite that they said he's a backup and MAYBE one day a 1

And.....why do you continue to ignore 6-3 218?
    i dont. i already admitted my error, unlike you with jason white

Check it out....
    Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.
    Analysis

Analysis Positives: Has a linear build with adequate muscle thickness and good size for his position...Shows good acceleration on the move and runs with a normal stride...Has the balance and agility to step up and avoid pressure and enough functional hip swerve to slide in the pocket...Has a business-like approach to the game and has been well tutored on how to run an offense, thanks to his family's deep football tradition...Shows the confidence in his arm strength to air the ball out and make all of the throws...Does a decent job of adjusting to game action on the field, but must be quicker in making those decisions at times (will look a bit confused when forced out of the pocket)...Has enough strength to step up and absorb the hit when the pocket collapses...Has the body control to drop back quickly from center to his throwing point, but is best when throwing from the pocket...Throws with zip, but must do it with better consistency...Generally makes good decisions, except when pressured...Has adequate toughness in the pocket and will deliver the ball on time when given proper protection...Has a take-charge at ude in the huddle and the players all respect his leadership ability...Might be a better fit for a short-to-intermediate or West Coast passing attack, as he shows much better accuracy and timing when he sets his feet properly and puts zip on the ball to connect with his targets coming out of their breaks (has a better feel for taking something off the ball working underneath on his short throws and has better accuracy working in this area)...Has adequate slide agility trying to escape from the rush (lacks foot quickness), but will buy time with his strength absorbing hits in the pocket...Once he locates the blitz, he is very efficient at getting the ball out quickly to connect with his target in stride...Showed vast improvement in 2007 in attempts to scan the field and locate his secondary targets (would like on to his primary receiver too much in 2006), showing good accuracy on crossing routes...Has decent awareness to blitzes and stunts, doing a nice job of making adjustments during the pre-snap (has become a much better progression reader) or when reading coverage as he is dropping back to his throw point, demonstrating the ability to check down quickly...Has much better timing throwing over the middle than when firing along the sidelines...Better when throwing from the right hash, but is more comfortable when he steps up in the pocket, as he works well when given time to scan the field and find where his receivers should be than throwing on the move (has better velocity throwing from the right than at the left hash).
    you can give me all the analysis you want, end of the day he was a 5th round pick and nobody projected him to be a starter

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Hey spurraider......prove to me that Booty's size was an issue come draft time, I want to see this, ok?

Ok shine that. I se where ya...finally....admitted your mistake.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    and despite that they said he's a backup and MAYBE one day a 1

i dont. i already admitted my error, unlike you with jason white

you can give me all the analysis you want, end of the day he was a 5th round pick and nobody projected him to be a starter
    I read somewhere that White had failed a physical, you simply made ...size was an issue..up, big difference. I can show you where I got..failed physical...you can't show me where you got....size issue.

You lied!

Funny how if I say....he failed a physical...it's..YOU LIED YOU LIED!
    But if you take a guy 6-3 218 and say ..his lack of size...you made an error....hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 10:21 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that White had failed a physical, you simply made ...size was an issue..up, big difference. I can show you where I got..failed physical...you can't show me where you got....size issue.

You lied!

Funny how if I say....he failed a physical...it's..YOU LIED YOU LIED!
    But if you take a guy 6-3 218 and say ..his lack of size...you made an error....hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have admitted twice (and now a third time) that i was wrong about booty's size. that's the difference. you are still hanging onto your lie about the failed physical. i have come clean

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i have admitted twice (and now a third time) that i was wrong about booty's size. that's the difference. you are still hanging onto your lie about the failed physical. i have come clean
    Do you even understand what a lie is? When I said White failed a physical I'm thinking he did, how do you keep not getting that? I..STILL..think he did. You on the other hand totally made...his size....up. I didn't make anything up as I showed you I read about it, you read nothing.

You simply lied!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Do you even understand what a lie is? When I said White failed a physical I'm thinking he did, how do you keep not getting that? I..STILL..think he did. You on the other hand totally made...his size....up. I didn't make anything up as I showed you I read about it, you read nothing.

You simply lied!
    i corrected myself and owned up to my incorrect statement

while you may have believed your story about the failed physical at first, the fact that you still spit it out shows that right now you are lying. either admit to your mistake and say "i have no basis to support my claim that he failed a pre-draft physical" or continue to lie

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i corrected myself and owned up to my incorrect statement

while you may have believed your story about the failed physical at first, the fact that you still spit it out shows that right now you are lying. either admit to your mistake and say "i have no basis to support my claim that he failed a pre-draft physical" or continue to lie

One more time...

When White was coming out of Oklahoma there was talk of him failing a physical. I showed you another guy talking about it. I have no reason to think they were/are lying.

You on the other hand read nobody talking about Booty's lack of size as a draft factor, so you didn't....incorrect statement....you simply made up, yep..lied! Just like you did about the knees.

You're a liar!

Here's what I'm going to do...

Because of internet chatter I was led to believe that Javon White failed a physical prior to the NFL draft. Apparently no information can be found supporting that claim.. So I'll retract my previous claim until something concrete can be found.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2014 at 11:26 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    One more time...

When White was coming out of Oklahoma there was talk of him failing a physical. I showed you another guy talking about it. I have no reason to think they were/are lying.

You on the other hand read nobody talking about Booty's lack of size as draft factor, so yoi didn't....incorrect statement....you simply made up, yep..lied! Just like you did about the knees.

You're a liar!
    i have retracted that statement about 4 times already. i'm not a liar. i made a mistake and owned up to it.

you continue to lie. you supposedly "heard about it" and one random er on yahoo "heard" about it ahahahahahaha. but it never happened. surely it would be a huge story if a heisman winner actually failed a physical leading up to the draft. but there's no do entation of it anywhere. you are sticking to your guns on this story which has zero proof.

you have "faith" that he failed a physical

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i have retracted that statement about 4 times already. i'm not a liar. i made a mistake and owned up to it.

you continue to lie. you supposedly "heard about it" and one random er on yahoo "heard" about it ahahahahahaha. but it never happened. surely it would be a huge story if a heisman winner actually failed a physical leading up to the draft. but there's no do entation of it anywhere. you are sticking to your guns on this story which has zero proof.

you have "faith" that he failed a physical
    Look above.

You don't seem to comprehend things too well. I saw no reason not to believe it. So I never challenged it. When I brought it to your attention I was sold on it......that's a being a liar....or someone who is thinking something is true?

You just made up...his size...that wasn't my situation, I simply passed along something said by others. See the difference, ya don't do you?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Moving on...finally!

So how many weeks before...

JohnnyFootball takes over?

RGIII is benched.

The Raiders realize Schaub sucks?

Andrew Luck has a two INT game?

The Seahawks lose a game?

Someone calls Michael Sam a got?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Look above.

You don't seem to comprehend things too well. I saw no reason not to believe it. So I never challenged it. When I brought it to your attention I was sold on it......that's a being a liar....or someone who is thinking something is true?

You just made up...his size...that wasn't my situation, I simply passed along something said by others. See the difference, ya don't do you?
    what you believe is irrelevant at this point. based on your fruitless searches except for "a yahoo guy" we can come to the conclusion that no physical happened, otherwise there would be a story on it. to continue pounding that point is flat out lying right now. you weren't intentionally misinforming me earlier, you believed it. fine. now that we know, you are lying

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    what you believe is irrelevant at this point. based on your fruitless searches except for "a yahoo guy" we can come to the conclusion that no physical happened, otherwise there would be a story on it. to continue pounding that point is flat out lying right now. you weren't intentionally misinforming me earlier, you believed it. fine. now that we know, you are lying
    Ya know how I know all about them blues/sprinters? Well the guy who first brought this up was like that, he knew a lot of inside about the NFL. That's why I was so sold on it and didn't question it. The guy wasn't the type to post anything he wasn't sure about. And then when looking for that I accidently came across that other guy talking about it. And I've read about it from another poster back then. So there's three saying the same thing about this, so where did they get it and none of them knew each other(different sites). I am curious about what gave these guys the impression that happened?

Why the lie about Whites knees, do you really think I or anyone really believes you were going to use a guy the NFL had no intrention of drafting (because of those knees) as an example of something/anything? Come on man that makes no sense at all.

But....really am getting bored with this now, I was sold on something and you lied about something. Done talking about it and won't be any longer. So no need to waste your time responding.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-26-2014 at 03:26 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Ya know how I know all about them blues/sprinters? Well the guy who first brought this up was like that, he knew a lot of inside about the NFL. That's why I was so sold on it and didn't question it. The guy wasn't the type to post anything he wasn't sure about. And then when looking for that I accidently came across that other guy talking about it. And I've read about it from another poster back then. So there's three saying the same thing about this, so where did they get it and none of them knew each other(different sites). I am curious about what gave these guys the impression that happened?

Why the lie about Whites knees, do you really think I or anyone really believes you were going to use a guy the NFL had no intrention of drafting (because of those knees) as an example of something/anything? Come on man that makes no sense at all.

But....really am getting bored with this now, I was sold on something and you lied about something. Done talking about it and won't be any longer. So no need to waste your time responding.
    i didnt lie. i immediately retracted it when i found out it was false. you've stuck with your false claim and still do

random yahoo guy as proof

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Poor little guy, hahaha!!!!!!!!

it, let's have some music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-NlR54PqLw

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd like to see the Niners bring in Jacoby Ford, see what he can do.

Giants receiver...Corey Washington out of Newberry. looks like a stud.

In all my track/football years I've never heard of.....Newberry.

So many great receivers coming out of these...who? where?...schools.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-27-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dan Fouts was talking about Rivers and Gates, that stud QB/TE, combo...hmmmm?

Johnny Unitas/John Mackey
    Len Dawson/Fred Arbansas
    Dan Fouts/Kellen Winslow
    Troy Aikman/John Novacek
    John Elway/Shannon Sharpe
    Dree Brees/Jimmy Graham
    Philip Rivers/Antonio Gates
    Tony Romo/Jason Witten
    Kenny Stabler/Dave Casper

Hmmmm?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Dan Fouts was talking about Rivers and Gates, that stud QB/TE, combo...hmmmm?

Johnny Unitas/John Mackey
    Len Dawson/Fred Arbansas
    Dan Fouts/Kellen Winslow
    Troy Aikman/John Novacek
    John Elway/Shannon Sharpe
    Dree Brees/Jimmy Graham
    Philip Rivers/Antonio Gates
    Tony Romo/Jason Witten
    Kenny Stabler/Dave Casper

Hmmmm?
    No love for Montana/Young and Brent Jones?

P.S., It's Jay Novacek.

BTW Drew Brees and Gates were a nice combo for two seasons.

Tom Brady and Gronk

Don't forget Bobby Hebert and Hoby Brenner.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Peyton Manning/Dallas Clark

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No love for Montana/Young and Brent Jones?

P.S., It's Jay Novacek.

BTW Drew Brees and Gates were a nice combo for two seasons.

Tom Brady and Gronk

Don't forget Bobby Hebert and Hoby Brenner.
    John.....DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

A Niner fan not having Brent Jones.....(shaking head)

Yep...Brady/Gronk

Not sure about Hebert and Brenner?

Add...Ken Anderson/Bob Trumpy

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Peyton Manning/Dallas Clark
    Bingo~~~~~~~

Thread Information