Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yep, by popular demand.

It's all up to you if this works or not, if things are cool here's where I'll be, if it's the same old , it....ok? If all goes well this will be my only thread this season.

So who will be the most productive "undrafted" rookie in 2014?

Keep an eye on Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps at Tampa Bay, when he...finally...takes a handoff/pitch out he will become the fastest running back in NFL history with his 10.01.

Too bad they dumped the....NFL's Fastest Man...compe ion. I'd love to see Trindon Holliday, Demps and Jacoby Ford go at it.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-09-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    It's all up to you if this works or not, if things are cool here's where I'll be, if it's the same old , it....ok?
    ^ Already setting up his excuse to go back to spamming the same old threads

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ^ Already setting up his excuse to go back to spamming the same old threads
    Why not just be cool?

Here I am making every effort to...fit in...with nobody having to come here...ok?

Ok I'm just ing around with that idiot CN about the great RW. Today is March 25 when the guy has another great season I'll bring the little here, so he knows I was right...AGAIN!
    Last edited by Avante; 03-25-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I like it avante.

I will even start...

With an improved defense, if the Broncos can stay healthy, I see no reason for them to not return to the Super Bowl... , they could even compete this time...thoughts?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I like it avante.

I will even start...

With an improved defense, if the Broncos can stay healthy, I see no reason for them to not return to the Super Bowl... , they could even compete this time...thoughts?
    They do play the NFC West this season, which is a whole other beast than the NFC East which they played last season. Now add the fact their division (the second best) is tough. Now add games..at..Cinncy (late) and NE. They have a very hard road to travel.

Yes the additions of DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, and the return of Von Miller will help a defense ranked 19th. But, can they run/stuff the run? They weren't too proficient in either in 2013. And...Moreno is better than anyone they now have.

With no Moreno or Decker, a far tougher schedule I can't see any reason to see them as anything other than being in the playoff mix (meaning no bye week or homefield). Then there's that....teams that lose a Superbowl.... jinx going on.

I own a pro gamblers guide, in it all these pros made their picks, the consenses (16 of them)....New England vs Niners.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    They do play the NFC West this season, which is a whole other beast than the NFC East which they played last season. Now add the fact their division (the second best) is tough. Now add games..at..Cinncy (late) and NE. They have a very hard road to travel.

Yes the additions of DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, and the return of Von Miller will help a defense ranked 19th. But, can they run/stuff the run? They weren't too proficient in either in 2013. And...Moreno is better than anyone they now have.

With no Moreno or Decker, a far tougher schedule I can't see any reason to see them as anything other than being in the playoff mix (meaning no bye week or homefield). Then there's that....teams that lose a Superbowl.... jinx going on.

I own a pro gamblers guide, in it all these pros made their picks, the consenses (16 of them)....New England vs Niners.

Agreed...on paper though, the AFC boils down to NE vs Den in my opinion...but that's strictly on paper and prior to anything so that means pretty much ...I do wonder which AFC team will have the miraculous turnaround that seems to happen each season.

I honestly have no clue in the NFC...on paper it's Sea and SF no doubt but I've seen a lot of talk about Philly, which for some reason I can't picture.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Too bad they dumped the....NFL's Fastest Man...compe ion. I'd love to see Trindon Holliday, Demps and Jacoby Ford go at it.
    I feel like Holliday would fumble at some point during the race.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Agreed...on paper though, the AFC boils down to NE vs Den in my opinion...but that's strictly on paper and prior to anything so that means pretty much ...I do wonder which AFC team will have the miraculous turnaround that seems to happen each season.

I honestly have no clue in the NFC...on paper it's Sea and SF no doubt but I've seen a lot of talk about Philly, which for some reason I can't picture.
    The Bengals could be the team keeping Denver or NE out of it. They do everything well...

Dalton a 4000 yard passer
    AJ Green a 1400 receiver
    Bernard and The Law Firm are solid backs (rookie Jeremy Hill a stud)
    The number 10 offense
    The number 3 defense
    They lost three games in 2013 by a combined 8 points
    A plus 14 in the very important sacks/sacked
    A plus 1 in the TO margin

They have no weaknesses. They win the TO battle, can run/stuff the run, pressure the QB and protect their;s. That's what wins in the NFL.

As far as a surprise AFC team goes.....the Houston Texans.They weren't nearly as bad as their record, losing 4 games by a combined 12 points. They were ranked...11 on offense and 7 on defense. What killed them was that minus 20 in the TO margin, that is horrendous.

The NFC has gotta be Seahawks vs Niners.*** They are the two most talented teams in the conference. If there is a darkhorse....The Packers. They could go 6-0 in the division, and have a very manageable schedule.

*** these two teams are in the same "spot" as the Broncos when it comes to playing a tough schedule, but....they do have far better defenses.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-09-2014 at 07:02 PM.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count

Even with the tough schedule, i can't see Denver not getting a bye unless the Chargers get it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Even with the tough schedule, i can't see Denver not getting a bye unless the Chargers get it.
    How about Cinncy?

I'm not knocking the Broncos, but damn, they have to play the two best divisions in the game. Other than playing the Raiders twice and Buffalo*** there isn't a pushover anywhere on their slat. A brutal road trek....Seattle, KC, SD, NE, Cinncy, St.Louis...ouch~~~

*** I do think they will be much improved.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-09-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I feel like Holliday would fumble at some point during the race.
    Hahaha~~~~~

What a shame, the guy has talent.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's real easy to see that Johnny Football simply has.."it". Anyone not seeing this doesn't understand the game.

So who can tell me the name of another stud Texas A&M QB?

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    How about Cinncy?

I'm not knocking the Broncos, but damn, they have to play the two best divisions in the game. Other than playing the Raiders twice and Buffalo*** there isn't a pushover anywhere on their slat. A brutal road trek....Seattle, KC, SD, NE, Cinncy, St.Louis...ouch~~~

*** I do think they will be much improved.
    possibly i guess.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Those moving up the lists.

If Andre Johnson catchs 63 passes he will enter the exclusive 1000 receptions club. Those in that club.

Jerry Rice Miss Valley St
    Tony Gonzalez Cal
    Marvin Harrison Syracuse
    Chris Carter Ohio State
    Tim Brown ND
    Terrell Owens Chattanooga
    Isacc Bruce Memphis St
    Reggie Wayne Miami
    Hines Ward Georgia

If Reggie Wayne has 444 yards he'll enter the exclusive 14, 000 yards club. Those already there...

Jerry Rice
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss Marshall
    Isacc Bruce
    Tony Gonzalez
    Tim Brown
    Marvin Harrison
    James Lofton Stanford

Adrian Peterson needs 9 TD's to enter the not so exclusive (a ton in it) 100 td club. Too many to list.

Steven Jackson the only current running back close to the exclusive 12,000 yards rushing club. He'll need a couple more seasons.

Tom Brady only needs a couple thousand yards to join...

Brett Favre So. Miss
    Peyton Manning Tenn
    Dan Marino Pitt
    John Elway Stanford
    Drew Brees Purdue

...in the 51,000 yards passing club.

Peyton Maanning will become the All Time TD king sometme before turkeyday. He has 491, Brett Favre holds the record with 508.

Speaking of Jerry Rice.

I first picked up on him reading the Fresno Bee sports page when he was at MVS. They listed all the college football scores, there was MVS 70 TSU 24, MVS 84 Jackson St 32, MVS 64 Grambling 28, obviously I was thinking.....what the ? Then I found an article in a magazine about what was going on there.

They ran a true spread formation, QB Willie Totten stood back there in the shotgun in a five wide receiver set. Only time they brought in a running back (who would wanna be their RB?) was in short yardage/goal line. That season I'm talking about was Rices senior one, they broke all kinds of scoring records. (not to be confused with those Michigan teams of the early 1900's, they had a 5 year period where they scored over 2000 points giving up...32,...and only lost once...2-0). There was mention of Jerry Rice being the star receiver at MVS, but that was it.

Then I finally saw him play in the Blue Grey Game, here it was schools like MVS in with the SEC, ACC, etc. Rice stold the show, he was on a whole other level and it was obvious.

His NFL records of...

208 tds
    22, 896 yards
    1, 549 receptions

....are so far out they might never be broken, no current players even in the same time zone.

The closest current players

Adian Peterson 91 tds
    Reggie Wayne 13, 566 yards
    Reggie Wayne 1, 006 receptions
    Last edited by Avante; 08-10-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on the Packers Jeff Janis a 6-3 220 4.4 receiver. A seventh round pick largely due to the fact he played at tiny Saginaw Valley State.

When NFL teams waste a precious draft pick on guys from these rinkydinky schools there is a real good reason.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-10-2014 at 03:30 PM.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Baltimore Ravens are winning the SB--the AFC at the very least

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Baltimore Ravens are winning the SB--the AFC at the very least
    Ok, lets break it down....

They had the 29th ranked offense, they couldn't run the ball at all. They had the 12th ranked defense, but did nothing outstanding.

They lost the very important sacks/sacked stat 40-48 or minus 8.

In the ultra important TO stat a weak...minus 5.

They had no back average over 3.1.....THREE POINT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That might be the worst ever.

Flacco threw more INT's than TD's.

Ok man, so we just ignore all of that? So, it's all going to get better in 2014?

Ok, explain to me what you are looking at. Sell me on a Ravens SB win..or...the AFC at least.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The little man in pro football (inspired dy Dri Archer and DeAnthony Thomas)

History is full of little guys excelling in pro football, the first "great" black running back was 5-4 170 pound Claude "Buddy" Young, who was a world class sprinter winning both the NCAA and the USA Nationals. The guy was a blurr and had all the moves. He was out of Illinois.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZA0g_sQcqY

Nolan "Super Gnat" Smith (the fast footballer in the movie M*A*S*H) was a great kick return for the Chiefs. He was out of Tennessee State.

Howard Stevens all 5-5 165 pounds of him left Louisville as the all time leading rusher in NCAA history, he'd have a decent career with the Saints. In a word.....quick!

Billy "White Shoes" Johnson was totally amazing at Widener College, and had a great career with the Oilers.

Cecil Turner was a 9.3 guy while at CPSLO, he was a dynamic kick returner for the Bears.

Then there was...

Walter "The Flea" Roberts SJS/Browns
    Lionel "Little Train" James Auburn/Chargers
    Warren McVea Houston/Chiefs
    Gerald McNeil Baylor/Oilers...137 pounds

All those listed under 5-10 180 pounds.

Guys that size are on a whole other...quicks....level than the 200 pounders. They get going quicker, stop and start quicker. I expect to see both Archer and Thomas make impacts in 2014, , they already have.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-11-2014 at 07:29 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Niners are a declining team.

The NFC is boiling down between whether the Seahawks or Saints get homefield. Basically, the Saints added the next Marvin Harrison when they drafted Cooks. Both Ingram and Robinson will lead a potent running attack thanks to a very underrated o-line and then you add in Brees, Graham, and Colston, this offense will move the ball and score points week in and week out. Plus you improved the secondary on an already top 5 defense that feature 3 elite pass rushers and two big run stuffers as well as an underrated LBer core, this team appears loaded. With all of their toughest games outside of the division at home, this team has the potential to be a 13 win team with a great chance at homefield in the NFC. Notwithstanding injuries of course.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners are a declining team.

The NFC is boiling down between whether the Seahawks or Saints get homefield. Basically, the Saints added the next Marvin Harrison when they drafted Cooks. Both Ingram and Robinson will lead a potent running attack thanks to a very underrated o-line and then you add in Brees, Graham, and Colston, this offense will move the ball and score points week in and week out. Plus you improved the secondary on an already top 5 defense that feature 3 elite pass rushers and two big run stuffers as well as an underrated LBer core, this team appears loaded. With all of their toughest games outside of the division at home, this team has the potential to be a 13 win team with a great chance at homefield in the NFC. Notwithstanding injuries of course.
    I'm not one of those that.....my team is the best because I like them. We aren't as good as the Seahawks and a very strong case can be made for your Saints being better also. They do look impressive for 2014.

But.....the Niners are one of the top 4 teams in the NFC, I doubt anyone would argue that. We have upgraded both the receiver/running back positions, already have the best o-line in the league and one of the top 4 defenses. Any team that has that sort of fire power can beat anyone, all it takes is a couple turnovers.

Looking at the Saints schedule, hmmmmm?....I can see a 12-4 and that Niner game could be a biggie because I also see the Niners going 12-4.

The bigggest difference between the two teams is Brees vs Kaepernick, obviously Brees is on a whole other level.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There is a kid at Oklahoma State this season named Tyreek Hill, he will be the fastest player in college this season. A Big12 sprint champ and a 10.1*** guy. He's spent the last two seasons at Garden City JC, yep...he's a junior. Keep and eye on this guy, he's also elusive and has quicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc39FH39dMo

I know.....but this is an NFL forum. I won't make a habit of this.

*** when the great USSR sprinter Valery Borzov won the Olympic 100m in 1972...10.14.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'm not one of those that.....my team is the best because I like them. We aren't as good as the Seahawks and a very strong case can be made for your Saints being better also. They do look impressive for 2014.

But.....the Niners are one of the top 4 teams in the NFC, I doubt anyone would argue that. We have upgraded both the receiver/running back positions, already have the best o-line in the league and one of the top 4 defenses. Any team that has that sort of fire power can beat anyone, all it takes is a couple turnovers.

Looking at the Saints schedule, hmmmmm?....I can see a 12-4 and that Niner game could be a biggie because I also see the Niners going 12-4.

The bigggest difference between the two teams is Brees vs Kaepernick, obviously Brees is on a whole other level.
    I was joking about the Niners declining. They're top 3 in the NFC right now and I like Kaepernick more than others.

One of my concerns about the Niners will be their defense. Its still very good, but will they play at that elite level in years past. Also, how much help will Kaepernick need/get from the running game. Still overall, they're very good and the Saints will have to play a clean game to get a sure win even at home.

Really, the Hawks and Niners have impacted the Saints philosophy the last two seasons. Payton brought in a more physical athletic defense with the help of Rob Ryan, and he's brining a more potent running game to bring alot more balance to the offense. He knows the high-scoring passing game schtick doesn't work against those two teams. Ask the Broncos.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I was joking about the Niners declining. They're top 3 in the NFC right now and I like Kaepernick more than others.

One of my concerns about the Niners will be their defense. Its still very good, but will they play at that elite level in years past. Also, how much help will Kaepernick need/get from the running game. Still overall, they're very good and the Saints will have to play a clean game to get a sure win even at home.

Really, the Hawks and Niners have impacted the Saints philosophy the last two seasons. Payton brought in a more physical athletic defense with the help of Rob Ryan, and he's brining a more potent running game to bring alot more balance to the offense. He knows the high-scoring passing game schtick doesn't work against those two teams. Ask the Broncos.
    As we;ve been seeing lately that old formula of.....run the ball/stuff the run (which puts an offense in third and long) and win the TO battle is what wins in the NFL. It really is about the big guys.

Seahawks were 4 in rushing/7th in defending the rush and a plus 20 TO margin.
    Niners were 3 in rushing/4 in defending the run and a plus 12 TO margin.

Seahawks 26 in passing
    Niners 30 in passing

As we've seen these are the two heavyweights in the NFC lately. And it is because they play a physical brand of football.

But...

When you have a QB like a Drew Brees who is one of the all time greats you can play a different brand of football, how many teams have a guy that caliber? With a Jimmy Graham you don't need to play that smash mouth brand to the same degree. Why not take advantage of a fantastic QB/TE combo?

I know...preseason...but Mark Ingram looks beastly.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-11-2014 at 03:23 PM.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Saints will beat the Seahawks in the NFC championship game. Rodgers and Kaep will fight for 3rd best in the conference.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Saints will beat the Seahawks in the NFC championship game. Rodgers and Kaep will fight for 3rd best in the conference.
    And you base that opinion on what? Go ahead elaborate.

Thread Information