coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I reached my late 20's and am now 30, I've steadily lost time & interest in a baseball season. My favorite sport when I was 12 years old with nothing else to do in the Summer (1995 season) . But what sort of healthy functioning adult can watch 162 games*2.5 hours (16 total days of their living life) in one calendar year? In sports it's all about watching each second of your teams live action in order to structure an accurate picture of the club. The slow pace and never ending replays makes Baseball the perfect "background noise" sport. But actually planning my day or putting time aside in order to watch a regular season game....it is rare at this point of my life. There are simply more worthwhile and intriguing sports to watch. The name of the game is watching a 1.5-2 hour sporting event and moving on with your life for the next 4 days or week. 3 (heavily commercial filled) hours every other day for 8 months while nearly 1/3 of the total teams make the playoffs?

It is a weird feeling when you hit that age where you saw a players career from Day 1 to Retirement. I started watching Baseball a couple seasons before Chipper Jones made his debut and now 2 years since his retirement I've struggled to connect with many of the current players beyond Freeman & Kimbrel (McCann is now gone). Chipper came, gave us 19 seasons and went on with his life and I think I'm doing the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseball
    "sport"
    standing around for 10 hours
    10 hour games
    fat be@ners with oily skin and mustache
    steroids
    barely move and need steroids
    players hit the ball a couple of times during a game, but need steroids for that
    fat
    spitting
    manager dressed like his players; imagine Terry Stotts wearing basketball uni, a headband, and carrying a loaded 45 , or Bellichick wearing a helmet
    play by play announcer and fans who when someone finally hits a ball, because nothing happened during the previous 9 hours
    Joe Buck
    fake intense voice
    pretends he gives a , just wants his paycheck
    fans sleeping during the game, because no is happening
    fans walking around, going to a restaurant and coming back to the game, because nothing is happening and they have all day
    fat s
    catching a ball with their glove is the most exciting part of the game for fat fans
    "let's go to the ball game " song
    still living in the 50's
    "God Bless America" song in the middle of a WS game, because the national anthem wasn't enough
    'Muricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa propaganda
    AIDS buying a baseball team
    so called athletes who get "injured" while playing on their Playstation or flipping channels, WTF
    Reliever
    worst role ever; even worse than punter
    does nothing for 8 innings, then when he comes in looks pumped with his theme song playing
    paid to play 1 inning

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    OP is a got, the third-world lawn game isn't even a sport....

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseball
    "sport"
    standing around for 10 hours
    10 hour games
    fat be@ners with oily skin and mustache
    steroids
    barely move and need steroids
    players hit the ball a couple of times during a game, but need steroids for that
    fat
    spitting
    manager dressed like his players; imagine Terry Stotts wearing basketball uni, a headband, and carrying a loaded 45 , or Bellichick wearing a helmet
    play by play announcer and fans who when someone finally hits a ball, because nothing happened during the previous 9 hours
    Joe Buck
    fake intense voice
    pretends he gives a , just wants his paycheck
    fans sleeping during the game, because no is happening
    fans walking around, going to a restaurant and coming back to the game, because nothing is happening and they have all day
    fat s
    catching a ball with their glove is the most exciting part of the game for fat fans
    "let's go to the ball game " song
    still living in the 50's
    "God Bless America" song in the middle of a WS game, because the national anthem wasn't enough
    'Muricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa propaganda
    AIDS buying a baseball team
    so called athletes who get "injured" while playing on their Playstation or flipping channels, WTF
    Reliever
    worst role ever; even worse than punter
    does nothing for 8 innings, then when he comes in looks pumped with his theme song playing
    paid to play 1 inning

Don't hold it back. Tell us how you really feel!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information