San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We Repugs aren't racistis, but ...

Rep. Steve King: Ferguson Protestors Are Of A Single 'Continental Origin'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...inental-origin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it happened the way the witnesses said I'm pretty confident charges will be filed and the cop is going to jail.

The riots are just street trash being street trash. None of the rioters arrested were actually from the town.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it interesting that our police need to have massive arsenals because there have been cases of being outgunned, welcome to a country that has more guns than people.

That being said, our police take protect and serve to another level. We have not made it clear what we want from them either. Are they peace officers or protectors, there is a difference.
    It is always interesting to note the cases chosen to illustrate the problem we have.

Anecdotal situations have lead me to believe there are times when the police are put in very tough situations so often in some places that they are programmed to overreact. The latest does not seem like one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it interesting that our police need to have massive arsenals because there have been cases of being outgunned, welcome to a country that has more guns than people.

That being said, our police take protect and serve to another level. We have not made it clear what we want from them either. Are they peace officers or protectors, there is a difference.
    It is always interesting to note the cases chosen to illustrate the problem we have.

Anecdotal situations have lead me to believe there are times when the police are put in very tough situations so often in some places that they are programmed to overreact. The latest does not seem like one of them.
    It may come down to a fine line of defining over reacting. Even the friendly eyewitnesses say the kid and the cop were "wrestling" through the window of the car. If they were in fact wrestling over the cops gun then a case could be made that the cop was acting in self defense on at least the first shot. The last seven shots? Not so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may come down to a fine line of defining over reacting. Even the friendly eyewitnesses say the kid and the cop were "wrestling" through the window of the car. If they were in fact wrestling over the cops gun then a case could be made that the cop was acting in self defense on at least the first shot. The last seven shots? Not so much.
    The case is so over the top as presented so far it seems like there must be more.
    Seems...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to forget that cops are people and sometimes scared less too. You know that if in fact they were wrestling over the gun and the cop was in serious fear for his life that the adrenaline was off the charts. Cops are not trained to just "shoot once" in a like threatening situation they are trained that once gunfire is necessary in their opinion to shoot until the guy goes down.

That being said if he continued to shoot the guy as his back was turned and he was trying to run away (forensics will easily verify this if true) that was a huge error in judgement adrenaline or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol alot of my right wing freinds sent me pics of michael brown holding a gun and asked me how innocent he looked. I had to remind them of the pic they were defending recently of a right wing extremist running around town scaring peopl by carrying their military style civilian firearms in public places to display their 2nd amendment rights. I asked them if they could explain why they wernt defending mr browns right to bear firearms. No response but we all know why lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol alot of my right wing freinds sent me pics of michael brown holding a gun and asked me how innocent he looked. I had to remind them of the pic they were defending recently of a right wing extremist running around town scaring peopl by carrying their military style civilian firearms in public places to display their 2nd amendment rights. I asked them if they could explain why they wernt defending mr browns right to bear firearms. No response but we all know why lol
    If the militias were smart, they'd head to Ferguson and stand with the protestors. This is the perfect opportunity for them to make a point and not look like complete racists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

like i was saying before, during the first 3-4 days of protests, it was peaceful displays of unity.it wasn't until the sun came down and the police brought in tanks, tear gas, riot gear and wooden/rubber bullets to intimidate and incite violence. now that the governor FINALLY called off his hounds and brought in some decent police, its been back to peaceful demonstrations of unity 24/7.

state senator nadal who joined in the protests and was maced and arrested

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at this graphic from USA today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical email/facebook "news". That pic wasn't Brown.

BTW, isn't it pleasant that Kool, Trill and the other trolls are ting in the Club thread and leaving this one alone? People can actually have a reasonable interchange of ideas and perspective without their blind racist baiting and trolling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there goes the ing neighborhood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there goes the ing neighborhood.
    CosmicCrackhead staying true to racist troll form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rally in NYC

before and after

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CosmicCrackhead staying true to racist troll form.
    The stupid troll as usual not able to detect humor when it smacks him in the face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a start but every cop in the "good" pics is black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stupid troll as usual not able to detect humor when it smacks him in the face.
    my bad. my face has been desensitized by your mom's floppy booosums

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardly a surprise. It is the nationwide norm that police forces make an effort to mirror the demographics of their community.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardly a surprise. It is the nationwide norm that police forces make an effort to mirror the demographics of their community.
    lol. and you imply that I'm obtuse? ...if I had multiple ID's, I'd be an awesome troll just like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that's part of the point.
    Look at your lol graphic.

In a majority black city you should find black cops. But it's in St. Louis county or some such gov. en y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at this graphic from USA today

I guess that's part of the point.
    Look at your lol graphic.

In a majority black city you should find black cops. But it's in St. Louis county or some such gov. en y.

I get all that.
    My LOL was actually at the graphic itself and the ratio of black to blue color compared to the % numbers given. If you're going to use a graphic to make a point, it should match the numbers.
    The 45%/52% particularly stands out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get all that.
    My LOL was actually at the graphic itself and the ratio of black to blue color compared to the % numbers given. If you're going to use a graphic to make a point, it should match the numbers.
    The 45%/52% particularly stands out.
    It may very well match the numbers, it's the area of a circle pi*r^2.

Did you measure r on your screen for the black and white areas, square it, multiply by pi and then do a ratio? Then 45 and 52 don't stand out.

Thread Information