Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1113
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the stats show that this particular cop is "murderous and racist?" Is there any evidence of a "fry a n!gg@" quota?
    The paper points out that in Ferguson, 86 percent of vehicle stops “involved a black motorist, although blacks make up just 67 percent of the population.”

In addition, blacks stopped in Ferguson “are almost twice as likely as whites to be searched (12.1 percent versus 6.9 percent) and twice as likely to be arrested (10.4 percent versus 5.2 percent)”.

Searches of blacks only results in discovery of contraband 21.7 percent of the time, whereas contraband is recovered from their less frequently stopped white counterparts 34.0 percent of the time.

http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-profiling-police-courts-shooting-264744

Ferguson's municipal revenue is heavily based on draining money from the blacks with trivial, frivolous citations, fines, etc.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

The paper points out that in Ferguson, 86 percent of vehicle stops “involved a black motorist, although blacks make up just 67 percent of the population.”

In addition, blacks stopped in Ferguson “are almost twice as likely as whites to be searched (12.1 percent versus 6.9 percent) and twice as likely to be arrested (10.4 percent versus 5.2 percent)”.

Searches of blacks only results in discovery of contraband 21.7 percent of the time, whereas contraband is recovered from their less frequently stopped white counterparts 34.0 percent of the time.

Ferguson's municipal revenue is heavily based on draining money from the blacks with trivial, frivolous citations, fines, etc.
    None of that excuses Michael Brown's behavior.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of that excuses Michael Brown's behavior.
    nothing excuses (Ferguson) racist police victimizing, bullying, degrading, looting, murdering blacks.

Repugs, right-wingers "say" they aren't racist, but EVERY one of their positions is RACIST and/or misogynist.

Law enforcement victimizing blacks? Yeah!

Law enforcement on gun fellatin Bundy militia? GOVT OVERREACH, WHITE PERSECUTION

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    nothing excuses (Ferguson) racist police victimizing, bullying, degrading, looting, murdering blacks.

Repugs, right-wingers "say" they aren't racist, but EVERY one of their positions is RACIST and/or misogynist.

Law enforcement on gun fellatin Bundy militia? GOVT OVERREACH, WHITE PERSECUTION
    Let me make this really easy for you so you can stop dodging the issue.

When confronted by Wilson was Michael Brown's behavior acceptable, yes or no?

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

So in other words, no.

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's possible to recognize a systemic problem in the overreach of police power, without demonizing one man who might have actually been doing his job.

ter McGee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Activists rip Ferguson cops for seizing ‘rolling billboard’ criticizing Gov. Jay Nixon

Members of the activist group Color of Change are questioning Ferguson, Missouri police’s reasoning for seizing a “rolling billboard” truck criticizing Gov. Jay Nixon (D) during a protest Wednesday night.

“Missouri law enforcement continues to try to violate our first amendment rights and silence our calls for justice for Mike Brown,” the group’s executive director, Rashad Robinson, said in a statement. “But we’re strong, we’re organized, and we will hold Governor Nixon responsible for allowing the systematic violation of Black Missourians’ free speech and human rights.”

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    reported
    that authorities impounded the truck, which carried a billboard saying, “Gov. Nixon: What will you do in this moment with the whole world watching?,” saying it was blocking traffic.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/activists-rip-ferguson-cops-for-seizing-rolling-billboard-criticizing-gov-jay-nixon/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

My guess is the police got a call from the gov's office to make up and shutdown the billboard.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/do en...e-brawl-687543

NOVEMBER 6--A police report detailing a fight last month between members of Michael Brown’s family over the sale of commemorative t-shirts identifies the late teenager’s mother as one of the “attackers” who beat and robbed vendors selling the merchandise from a tent in a Ferguson, Missouri parking lot.
    A copy of the Ferguson Police Department report was provided yesterday by city attorney Stephanie Karr. When TSG requested the do ent two weeks ago, Karr noted that Brown’s mother, Lesley McSpadden, was “described in the report” and had “specifically requested that the report be withheld from the media.”
    Karr added, “Knowing this, do you still want a copy of the report?”
    The violent October 18 ransacking--which police have classified as felony armed robbery--remains under active investigation, said Karr. “No charges have been filed yet and no decision about charges will be made until the investigation is concluded,” the lawyer told TSG yesterday.
    The police probe of the attack, which left one victim hospitalized, is occurring at the same time a grand jury is weighing possible criminal charges against the Ferguson cop who shot the unarmed Brown during an August confrontation.
    According to the report, Pearlie Gordon, 54, and two men were selling “Justice for Mike Brown” merchandise on a Saturday afternoon when “a large group of about 20-30 subjects ‘jumped out of vehicles and rushed them.’” Gordon is the mother-in-law of Michael Brown Sr., McSpadden's ex-husband.
    Gordon told police that McSpadden, 34, approached her and said, “You can’t sell this .” Gordon replied, according to the report, that “unless McSpadden could produce do entation stating that she had a patent on her son’s name she (Gordon) was going to continue to sell her merchandise.”
    McSpadden’s mother, Desureia Harris, began to rip down t-shirts hanging on a line, Gordon told officers. Then, she added, other members of the group began “tearing her booth apart.” Gordon (seen at left) said that during the melee she was repeatedly struck in the head and knocked to the ground.
    At one point, Gordon recalled, she heard McSpadden “yell to an unknown subject, ‘That’s Calvina’s mom, get her ass.” [Calvina is the first name of Michael Brown Sr.'s wife.] “McSpadden then ran up and punched Gordon,” according to the report.
    Gordon’s male associates were also beaten--reportedly with a pipe--during the confrontation, and one of the men was transported by EMS workers to a local hospital for treatment of “injuries sustained during the assault.”
    Gordon identified McSpadden (seen below), McSpadden's spouse, Harris, and several others as the “attackers.” More than $1500 in merchandise and $400 incash “was stolen by unknown subjects” who fled before police arrived, the report notes.
    A witness whose name was redacted from the report told cops that she watched the attack from her car while at a red signal. The woman said she saw several individuals enter the tent from opposite sides and begin “assaulting (punching) the vendors.”
    The witness said that she began recording the incident and “would provide this department with a copy of the video via e-mail.” However, as cops noted, the witness had not provided the video or a witness statement at the time of the report’s preparation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anti-capitalist blog spammer versus the gun nutter blog spammer is amusing I guess.

CRIPPLE FIGHT!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    hands up don't shoot

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible to recognize a systemic problem in the overreach of police power, without demonizing one man who might have actually been doing his job.

ter McGee
    Well put.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What the

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duh, will probably be very nasty, like Rodney King, several unarmed protesters shot dead by the militarized police.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    duh, will probably be very nasty, like Rodney King, several unarmed protesters shot dead by the militarized police.
    How do expect the police to prepare when stuff like this is being posted everywhere.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Ferguson preparing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anonymous responds to KKK’s twitter taunts by hacking, taking over their account

Following a week in which a chapter of Ku Klux Klan threatened to use “lethal force” against Ferguson protesters, the hacker collective known as Anonymous announced Operation KKK (#OpKKK) designed to harass the white supremacist group.

After Anonymous posted photos and personal information, including addresses and job positions, of Klan members living in the St. Louis area on Saturday, the Klan taunted the hacker group on Sunday only to see Anonymous take over their Twitter account two hours later.

Last week, Frank Acona of the Traditionalist American Knights of the KKK defended handing out fliers in St. Louis calling Ferguson protesters “terrorists,” and threatening,

“We will use lethal force as provided under Missouri law to defend ourselves.”

According to Acona, “It kind of came about from hundreds of calls we’ve been getting from residents in St. Louis County concerned with things that they’ve seen on social media. Random attacks on whites, D.C. sniper-style shootings, police officers being threatened that their wives are gonna be raped, and that they’re all targets.”

Responding to the KKK threats, Anonymous tracked down and began posting information about St. Louis Klan members on Twitter — some of which were collected and posted by Liberaland — leading the Klan to complain about the invasion of privacy.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/a...e+Raw+Story%29

and redstate Repug voters went wild!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video: Police lied. Mike Brown was killed 148 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV

For 104 days, the police have lied and said Mike Brown was killed 35 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV. It was actually 148 feet.

This distance is essential to the defense and how Darren Wilson must demonstrate that he "reasonably feared for his safety." At the point in which Mike Brown ran half a football field away, how reasonable is it for an armed officer to fear anyone?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/1...V?detail=email

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Video: Police lied. Mike Brown was killed 148 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV

For 104 days, the police have lied and said Mike Brown was killed 35 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV. It was actually 148 feet.

This distance is essential to the defense and how Darren Wilson must demonstrate that he "reasonably feared for his safety." At the point in which Mike Brown ran half a football field away, how reasonable is it for an armed officer to fear anyone?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/1...V?detail=email

So he measured the distance AGAIN, came up with ANOTHER six feet, and decided to write a FOURTH narrative. ing Shaun King

Looking forward to him slitting his wrists when Wilson is no billed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he measured the distance AGAIN, came up with ANOTHER six feet, and decided to write a FOURTH narrative. ing Shaun King

Looking forward to him slitting his wrists when Wilson is no billed.
    You've nary room. You repeat the same and spam as a matter course.

You have yet to address the chief of police misrepresnting facts pertinent to his officer's safety when he decided to use lethal force to kill a man.

Scary man within 30 feet is much more scary than scary man 140 feet away. The discussion here has never progressed to police procedure because of wits like you doing your damnedest to prevent it but it is what it is.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You've nary room. You repeat the same and spam as a matter course.

You have yet to address the chief of police misrepresnting facts pertinent to his officer's safety when he decided to use lethal force to kill a man.

Scary man within 30 feet is much more scary than scary man 140 feet away. The discussion here has never progressed to police procedure because of wits like you doing your damnedest to prevent it but it is what it is.
    Wilson said he gave chase after the struggle in the car. Both you and your boy Shaun King continue to ignore that and keep repeating the 140 feet. Scary man can still be within 30 feet of Wilson 140 feet from his car.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unarmed black man running away from armed white cop scares the out of the less white cop, who shoots black man dead.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    unarmed black man running away from armed white cop scares the out of the less white cop, who shoots black man dead.
    Hard to get shot in the forehead when you are running away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Police: Woman allegedly kills herself with gun bought to prepare for Ferguson unrest

By CNN Justice Reporter Evan Perez and Producer Shimon Prokupecz
    updated 8:57 AM EST, Mon November 24, 2014

St. Louis (CNN) -- A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.

The shooting occurred Friday night in downtown St. Louis, the city's Metropolitan Police Department said, in an area dominated by vacant lots beside a football stadium.

The female victim, identified in a police report as Becca Campbell, 26, was a passenger in a car involved in an auto accident. Her 33-year-old boyfriend was driving, the sources told CNN.

The boyfriend, who wasn't identified, told police that the couple had bought a gun because of fears of unrest related to the pending grand jury decision on the shooting of Michael Brown, the sources said.

He told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

He ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. He said the accident caused the gun to go off and she was struck by a bullet in the head, the sources said.

The victim was rushed to a hospital but died.

The investigation is continuing because police want to be sure the story as told by the boyfriend is correct, the sources said. Police are awaiting gun trace results, as part of the ongoing investigation.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fantastic timing, Cleveland...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...tol/?tid=hp_mm
    Cleveland police kill 12-year-old boy wielding BB gun that looked like a semiautomatic pistol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fantastic timing, Cleveland...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...tol/?tid=hp_mm
    Cleveland police kill 12-year-old boy wielding BB gun that looked like a semiautomatic pistol
    At least the cops in this case thought that the deceased had been armed.

Thread Information