Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    Where's your skin? Or did you even go to college? Jw
    I've got two schools.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Trust me only a fool thinks Oklahoma is better than Alabama.

The scoreboard is a fool!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I do wish ATM and Texas would have continued the Thanksgiving game till the sun expands.

That was a royal screwup. Initiated by Texas.

Just saying that because I think this years South Carolina will be the best team Spurrier has had. I think they will win the East and have a chance for the playoff.
    South Carolina has 14 returning starters on an 11-2 team, Oklahoma's 11-2 team has 16 starters returning. I see no logical reasoning in saying the Game s are better than the Sooners.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'm not big on Trevor Knight, even after his stat filled bowl game. South Carolina's offense is going to be a nightmare for teams this year. 5th year senior taking over at QB who has big game experience under his belt and there o-line with mike davis in the backfield is going to be a nasty 1-2 punch with their passing game. They have some questions defensively but they always seem to have talent and depth on that side of the ball. I just think South Carolina is finally going to have a huge year.

I'm not big on Trevor Knight, even after his stat filled bowl game. South Carolina's offense is going to be a nightmare for teams this year. 5th year senior taking over at QB who has big game experience under his belt and there o-line with mike davis in the backfield is going to be a nasty 1-2 punch with their passing game. They have some questions defensively but they always seem to have talent and depth on that side of the ball. I just think South Carolina is finally going to have a huge year.
    Speaking of defensively the Sooners do have a couple studs there in DE Charles Tapper and LB Eric Striker. Other thn Mike Davis being the stud back I see no reason at all to think South Carolina will be better than Oklahoma. If you just like the Game s better....cool~~~~~~

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Speaking of defensively the Sooners do have a couple studs there in DE Charles Tapper and LB Eric Striker. Other thn Mike Davis being the stud back I see no reason at all to think South Carolina will be better than Oklahoma. If you just like the Game s better....cool~~~~~~
    Not sure how you have so much confidence in OU and why you act like it's some egregious prediction of mine. South Carolina has a 33-6 record the past three years compared to OU's 31-8. And USC plays in a tougher conference.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not sure how you have so much confidence in OU and why you act like it's some egregious prediction of mine. South Carolina has a 33-6 record the past three years compared to OU's 31-8. And USC plays in a tougher conference.
    pac 12?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll bet you call the University if Tennessee, tu.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Tons of people call South Carolina USC and Tennessee UT. Not sure what you're getting at?

Post Count
    Tons of people call South Carolina USC and Tennessee UT. Not sure what you're getting at?
    Yeah, but they're not the real USC.

USC Trojans beat South Carolina Game s in court

An appellate panel upholds a patent office decision that the 'USC' logo belongs to the University of Southern California.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit on Tuesday upheld a decision last year by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office review board to recognize the University of Southern California's century-old claim to the logo letters.

Neil C. Jones, the Greenville, S.C., lawyer representing the University of South Carolina, said school authorities hadn't yet decided whether to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Scott Edelman, an attorney representing the Los Angeles university, hailed the ruling as protection of the school's "primary athletic mark" used on team clothing and equipment that brings in significant revenue.

Sports logo registrations are not limited to use in team colors, so there was potential for South Carolina merchandise to be mistaken for that of USC, Edelman said.

He also suggested that the letters were more deservedly linked to the Trojans' warrior image than to "a goofy little chicken."

"I think they wanted to move away from the game logo," Edelman said of the school in the South. "Something that is totally understandable."

Jones said his "Southern manners" restrained him from responding to his courtroom compe or's comment.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan...go21-2010jan21

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Ok...? Cool.

Post Count
    LMAO if you can't appreciate the levity in those last few sentences.

USC Trojans beat South Carolina Game s in court

An appellate panel upholds a patent office decision that the 'USC' logo belongs to the University of Southern California.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit on Tuesday upheld a decision last year by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office review board to recognize the University of Southern California's century-old claim to the logo letters.

Neil C. Jones, the Greenville, S.C., lawyer representing the University of South Carolina, said school authorities hadn't yet decided whether to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Scott Edelman, an attorney representing the Los Angeles university, hailed the ruling as protection of the school's "primary athletic mark" used on team clothing and equipment that brings in significant revenue.

Sports logo registrations are not limited to use in team colors, so there was potential for South Carolina merchandise to be mistaken for that of USC, Edelman said.

He also suggested that the letters were more deservedly linked to the Trojans' warrior image than to "a goofy little chicken."

"I think they wanted to move away from the game logo," Edelman said of the school in the South. "Something that is totally understandable."

Jones said his "Southern manners" restrained him from responding to his courtroom compe or's comment.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan...go21-2010jan21

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Are you talking about which school has a better football team or legal team?

Post Count
    Are you talking about which school has a better football team or legal team?
    huh?

Historically, USC has had a much better football team. This year, we will have to wait and see.

Well if we look at the last 4 years Oklahoma 43-10 South Carolina 42-11.

The Sooners have beaten Alabama, FSU, Tex A&M, Stanford in the last five seasons. South Carolina not nearly as impressive.

Post Count
    Well if we look at the last 4 years Oklahoma 43-10 South Carolina 42-11.

The Sooners have beaten Alabama, FSU, Tex A&M, Stanford in the last five seasons. South Carolina not nearly as impressive.
    A&M weren't any good when OU beat them and when A&M had Manziel/Sumlin, they destroyed OU. Okie St beat Stanford and how good were FSU when they lost to OU?

Post Count
    I grew up in the South and never heard anyone refer to South Carolina as USC. Now I did hear some people call Tennessee UT, but not nearly as much as Texas.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Well they refer to themselves as USC and I have been browsing the South Carolina forums throughout the summer so it just rubbed off i guess.

proof: http://www.gogame s.com/2014/08/0...c-network.html

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    At what point will aggy stop humping other SEC teams legs and start hating them?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Question to P5 fans: is it de rigueur to relentlessly pimp other teams in one's conference when one's own team has no chance of winning the conference?

Because I wanted to say something about Marshall's having a good quarterback.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    At what point will aggy stop humping other SEC teams legs and start hating them?
    Lol. I said I like South Carolina's team this year. Big12 fans are saying Oklahoma is better. There's no difference here.

I hope I'm wrong and we beat them.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Right.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lol ok.

Thread Information