Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just bumped a sweet thread for your dumb ass
    Come on Kool.... answer my question. How many positions does Duncan have to defend again?

How many positions are trying to guard Duncan?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Come on Kool.... answer my question. How many positions does Duncan have to defend again?

How many positions are trying to guard Duncan?
    one...maybe 2....he tries but he gets dunked on so many ing times till it's not even funny...When a 2 guard like Kobe is constantly dunking on you at every turn...it's time to rethink how good you are defensively.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan had a few decent games in his prime...but don't make me pull up Kobe's greatest games compared to Duncan....it will make Tammy look like

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm going to fade up into some rich white pussy....yall s have it till tomorrow....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one...maybe 2....he tries but he gets dunked on so many ing times till it's not even funny...When a 2 guard like Kobe is constantly dunking on you at every turn...it's time to rethink how good you are defensively.
    Duncan would rather get dunked on trying to stop something, then do this...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    get a life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who exactly did Kobe play against in the le years?

Kings: Jon Barry, Nick Anderson
    Suns: Penny Hardaway, Todd Day, Jason Kidd
    Blazers: Scottie Pippen, Steve Smith, Bonzi Wells,
    Pacers: Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose

Blazers: Steve Smith, Stacey Augmon
    Kings: Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson
    Spurs: Bruce Bowen, Derek Anderson, Antonio Daniels
    Sixers: Allen Iverson, Aaron Mckie

Blazers: Bonzi Wells, Derek Anderson
    Spurs: Bruce Bowen, Antonio Daniels, Steve Smith
    Kings: Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie
    Nets: Kerry Kittles, Jason Kidd, Lucious Harris

Jazz: Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer
    Houston: Shane Battier, Ron Artest
    Denver: Kenyon Martin, Carmelo Anthony, JR Smith, Dahntay Jones
    Magic: Mickael Pietrus, Courtney Lee

OKC: James Harden, Thabo Sefolosha
    Jazz: Wesley Matthews, Kyle Korver
    Suns: Grant Hill, Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley
    Boston: Ray Allen, Tony Allen, Paul Pierce

Now, let us see who Tim Duncan was against during his le runs shall we?

Wolves: Kevin Garnett, Joe Smith
    Lakers: Robert Horry, Shaquille O'neal
    Blazers: Rasheed Wallace, Brian Grant
    Knicks: Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas

Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Scott Williams
    Lakers: Shaquille O'neal, Robert Horry
    Mavs: Dirk Nowitzki, Eduardo Najera
    Nets: Kenyon Martin, Jason Collins

Denver: Kenyon Martin, Nene Hilario
    Seattle: Jerome James, Reggie Evans
    Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Shawn Marion
    Pistons: Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace

Denver: Nene Hilario, Marcus Camby
    Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Kurt Thomas
    Jazz: Mehemet Okur, Carlos Boozer
    Cleveland: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Verajao

Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki, Samuel Dalembert
    Blazers: LaMarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez
    OKC: Kendrick Perkins, Serge Ibaka
    Miami: Chris Bosh, Chris Anderson

Now that that is done, can you REALLY honestly say that Kobe has indeed had the tougher road? Here is another gem for you. Kobe Bryant started playing basketball when he was 3. Duncan started playing basketball when he was in 9th grade. The sad part is that we are even having this discussion about which player is better when you compare someone who has played the game almost his entire life and another one who started basketball as a second option in high school. Perhaps Kobe's road is tougher. After all that Bean has done, he will still be in the shadow of a player who only took up basketball because of a hurricane in 1989.

No one gives a rats ass why Jim took up playing hoops over being a fisherman. An Outlier becomes a master at his craft after roughly 10 years of practicing. Jim's 4 years of failing in college makes up for the years Kobe spent playing before Jim. By the way... if you're going to make a list at least be honest about who was present. How convenient of you to leave 5 future HOF'ers off of Kobe's list, and also Bruce Bowen who was his toughest defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's just the nature of the position. even a guy like hakeem got dunked on, but he just took it and went on.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This looks like a copy pasta from Lakersground. Very legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP has the Spurs and Tim Duncan on the brain from the time he starts posting early in the morning till late at night. Spurs Spurs Spurs morning noon and night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tougher mentality cause he had to take the and lick man ass during snaq days...then trading in for a llama for a couple of years...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a rats ass why Jim took up playing hoops over being a fisherman. An Outlier becomes a master at his craft after roughly 10 years of practicing. Jim's 4 years of failing in college makes up for the years Kobe spent playing before Jim. By the way... if you're going to make a list at least be honest about who was present. How convenient of you to leave 5 future HOF'ers off of Kobe's list, and also Bruce Bowen who was his toughest defender.
    I posted the 2's because Kobe is a 2. It really is that simple. Perhaps you are the one that needs to be honest. Should I post all the players that were outside of Duncan PF/C position? Players like Latrell Sprewell, Alan Houston, Larry Johnson, Jason Kidd, Dikembe Mutombo, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince, Ray Allen, LeBron James, Antonio McDyess. These are just some of the good players in just the Finals series off the top of my head.

To make things simpler and just negate position outright due to your complaint. Both players have played against the same NBA teams for a vast majority of their career. Who has the best winning percentage? Everyone can agree that great players know how to win right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2001 spurs...derek anderson was out of that series even b4 it begun...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Duncan>Snack>Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF???

Kobe Bryant current age = 35
    Kobe Bryant starting age = 3
    Therefore, 35 - 3 = 32 years of total basketball experience

Tim Duncan current age = 38
    Tim Duncan starting age = 13
    Therefore, 38 - 13 = 25 years of total basketball experience.

The difference between both players' total basketball experience. Kobe: 32 Tim: 25 A difference of 7 years.

By the way.... TOTAL basketball experience includes Duncan's college years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe has overcome sooooooooooooooooo much.............he's had soooooo many injuries and still wins...................what do you think about that?????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To further my point... How many DPOY have been perimeter players Bryant and Duncan were in the league? Only two. Ron Artest and Gary Payton. The rest just so happen to be C's and PF's.

You can argue that Kobe would still have to face them inside the paint, but he doesn't have to EVERY single time down the court due to his 3pt range. He can avoid challenging them if he wants to. Duncan doesn't have that choice due to his limited range and ALWAYS has to face players like that.

"Kobe has more points than Duncan!!!"

Of course he does... there is weaker defense where Kobe plays. He isn't matched up against DPOY's on a consistent basis. Here is my evidence...

According to Basketball-reference.com http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting::none

In Kobe Bryants best scoring year (2005-06 he averaged 35.4 PPG) he took an average of 20.7 shots inside of 2pt range. 20% (4.1 attempts) of those shots came within 0-3 feet of the basket and 8.3% (1.7 attempts) of them came within 3-10 feet. This is where the best defensive players tend to live. So Kobe challenged the teams defensive anchors only 5.8 times per game scoring an average of 5.7 points in big man territory. So roughly 16% of his scoring game within 10 feet of the basket. 84% of his scoring was done so avoiding the bigs in the paint.

Now lets work on Duncan shall we?

Tim Duncan had his best scoring year in 2001-2002 when he averaged 25.5 PPG according to Basketball-Reference.com http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting::none

He attempted 18.2 shots per game inside 2pt range. 31.1% (5.6 attempts) of his shots were taken within 0-3 feet. 33.7% (6.1 shots) of his attempts were within 3-10 feet. So he was challenging the same defensive anchors 11.5 times per game scoring an average of 13.4 PPG (52.7% of his points) in the teeth of the defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe has overcome sooooooooooooooooo much.............he's had soooooo many injuries and still wins...................what do you think about that?????
    Tim Duncan has a degenerative knee condition and even had to change the way he runs to play longer. He also has a coach that refuses to let him play longer minutes. And guess what..... HE HAS STILL WON MORE THAN KOBE!!!! What do you think about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was hilarious!!! Gasol is wide open for the dunk. Kobe is such a mental midget when it comes to understanding how a team sport is meant to be played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL!!! Even Nate Robinson in his best year scored a higher percentage of his points in the paint than Kobe did at 20.5%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A day or 2 ago I heard the radio asking the question "Who had the better career Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan?" First of all let me say that you typically hear Tim Duncan's name in the conversation of "Who's the best power forward ever?" but you typically hear Kobe Bryant's name in the conversation "Who's the best PLAYER ever?" By that agrument alone Kobe Bryant had the better career.....but also when I look at everything Kobe has had to OVERCOME. It's a no brainer that Kobe's the superior talent.

Both were drafted to good organizations, played under outstanding coaches, and played next to NBA greats early and often in their careers. However, when I think about the road Kobe has traveled (all the critics of his game, separating himself from the shadow of Shaq, Phil Jackson leaving, the false rape scandal, having to fill the void of MJ in order for the NBA to survive, multiple injuries) Kobe's simply had to be much more physically and mentally tougher. The 2 guard position (that Hakeem said is the toughest position in all of basketball) The defenders and offensive players he faced in comparison is another reason to give Kobe the nod.

Tim Duncan has stayed the course very well in his career by resting for long stretches at a time and playing under the same system and coach his entire career....but Kobe has SURVIVED and OVERCOME the course. I'm open to hearing any reason why someone would disagree but for me the answer is simply Kobe Bryant.

Plus Kobe is still married.
    Are you seriously giving Kobe's resume a boost based on the fact he had to endure a self inflicted rape scandal and Duncan didnt.... Are you ing re ed....

Boiled Down::

Duncan: 5-1 (83%)

TOSB Kobe: 5-2 (72%)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP's favorite song...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha another failed threat , if Kobe's legacy is so great there would not be a need to defend it. Shame on the idiots that have answered to such a troll thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe Bryant is a professional basketball player. That is his CAREER. He is not a GM, he is not a coach, he is not his teammates, he is not a serial rapist. He is KOBE BRYANT, PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER!!! He gets paid to play on the basketball court. THAT is his career.

Tim Duncan is also a professional basketball player who is paid to play on the basketball court. That is what should be judged to have this discussion. Not any of that off the court bull and organizational problems, or keeping your in your pants. You are paid to play, and your play is what defines your basketball career.

Comparing careers isn't comparing ing biographies. It is about basketball performance, and nothing more. Judging by basketball performance, Tim Duncan has had the better CAREER, while Kobe Bryant had the better SIDESHOW.

Thread Information