Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A day or 2 ago I heard the radio asking the question "Who had the better career Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan?" First of all let me say that you typically hear Tim Duncan's name in the conversation of "Who's the best power forward ever?" but you typically hear Kobe Bryant's name in the conversation "Who's the best PLAYER ever?" By that agrument alone Kobe Bryant had the better career.....but also when I look at everything Kobe has had to OVERCOME. It's a no brainer that Kobe's the superior talent.

Both were drafted to good organizations, played under outstanding coaches, and played next to NBA greats early and often in their careers. However, when I think about the road Kobe has traveled (all the critics of his game, separating himself from the shadow of Shaq, Phil Jackson leaving, the false rape scandal, having to fill the void of MJ in order for the NBA to survive, multiple injuries) Kobe's simply had to be much more physically and mentally tougher. The 2 guard position (that Hakeem said is the toughest position in all of basketball) The defenders and offensive players he faced in comparison is another reason to give Kobe the nod.

Tim Duncan has stayed the course very well in his career by resting for long stretches at a time and playing under the same system and coach his entire career....but Kobe has SURVIVED and OVERCOME the course. I'm open to hearing any reason why someone would disagree but for me the answer is simply Kobe Bryant.

Plus Kobe is still married.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan was drafted to an organization that had never made the NBA finals.

Kobe started his career on a team with 11 championships

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    A day or 2 ago I heard the radio asking the question "Who had the better career Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan?" First of all let me say that you typically hear Tim Duncan's name in the conversation of "Who's the best power forward ever?" but you typically hear Kobe Bryant's name in the conversation "Who's the best PLAYER ever?" By that agrument alone Kobe Bryant had the better career.....but also when I look at everything Kobe has had to OVERCOME. It's a no brainer that Kobe's the superior talent.

Both were drafted to good organizations, played under outstanding coaches, and played next to NBA greats early and often in their careers. However, when I think about the road Kobe has traveled (all the critics of his game, separating himself from the shadow of Shaq, Phil Jackson leaving, the false rape scandal, having to fill the void of MJ in order for the NBA to survive, multiple injuries) Kobe's simply had to be much more physically and mentally tougher. The 2 guard position (that Hakeem said is the toughest position in all of basketball) The defenders and offensive players he faced in comparison is another reason to give Kobe the nod.

Tim Duncan has stayed the course very well in his career by resting for long stretches at a time and playing under the same system and coach his entire career....but Kobe has SURVIVED and OVERCOME the course. I'm open to hearing any reason why someone would disagree but for me the answer is simply Kobe Bryant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan was drafted to an organization that had never made the NBA finals.

Kobe started his career on a team with 11 championships
    What does that have to do with his accomplishments as a player in comparison to Duncan. My OP stands if you dont have a legit take in rebuttal then shut the up please.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Kobe was carried his entire career by his teammates. Pretty much the opposite of tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that have to do with his accomplishments as a player in comparison to Duncan. My OP stands if you dont have a legit take in rebuttal then shut the up please.
    It was a response to your "both were drafted by good organizations" point as if they had equal footing

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan > Shaq > Kobe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan had a championship ready team the moment he was drafted while God's team wasn't a le contender when he was drafted. The Lakers were coming off of a first round loss to the Rockets while the spurs only sucked prior to drafting Duncan due to the admiral sitting out the season. God made the Lakers into a champions while Duncan coat tailed off David Robinson and Sean ******. God made Shaq and co into better players.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Is kobe4 life 11 years old? Or just no lice? Tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Read this...

How many championships does the Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball franchise have?

According to our research engine:
    The Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball franchise has the following statistics:
    All-time Wins: 1,360
    All-time Losses: 2,200
    All-time Winning Percentage: 38.2%
    Total Championships: 0
    NBA Conference les: 0
    Playoff Appearances: 10
    Division les: 0

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Read this...

How many championships does the Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball franchise have?

According to our research engine:
    The Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball franchise has the following statistics:
    All-time Wins: 1,360
    All-time Losses: 2,200
    All-time Winning Percentage: 38.2%
    Total Championships: 0
    NBA Conference les: 0
    Playoff Appearances: 10
    Division les: 0
    Nah, I think I'll read this instead:

About Ghost_of_Gashir
    Biography
    A bitter Asian male muddling his way through life. () But damn if I don't look sexy doing it.
    Ever bang an entire bachelorette party, baby?
    Interests
    Staring at you through your bedroom window. Don't worry, I don't take pictures.
    Occupation
    I work for the government. () This is where you laugh.
    Favorite Character(s)
    Yondaime, Akatsuki, Naruto, Obito, Gaara
    Favorite Episode/Chapter
    Episode:
    Chapter: 134

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I think I'll read this instead:

About Ghost_of_Gashir
    Biography
    A bitter Asian male muddling his way through life. () But damn if I don't look sexy doing it.
    Ever bang an entire bachelorette party, baby?
    Interests
    Staring at you through your bedroom window. Don't worry, I don't take pictures.
    Occupation
    I work for the government. () This is where you laugh.
    Favorite Character(s)
    Yondaime, Akatsuki, Naruto, Obito, Gaara
    Favorite Episode/Chapter
    Episode:
    Chapter: 134

That cut ya deep, didn't it. You guys need to pick a made up story about me and stick to it. When I first came to this site I was accused of being a wigger. Then a stinky muslim paki.. now a gook with no life that enjoys cartoons that most of you are all too familiar with.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That cut ya deep, didn't it. You guys need to pick a made up story about me and stick to it. When I first came to this site I was accused of being a wigger. Then a stinky muslim paki.. now a gook with no life that enjoys cartoons that most of you are all too familiar with.
    Must have hurt to call it a "cartoon".

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lakers gonna lose 45+ this year

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers gonna lose 45+ this year
    Lakers will all over your mavs this year. Remember when God lit you guys up for over 60 points because get ready for him to do it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who exactly did Kobe play against in the le years?

Kings: Jon Barry, Nick Anderson
    Suns: Penny Hardaway, Todd Day
    Blazers: Steve Smith, Bonzi Wells
    Pacers: Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose

Blazers: Steve Smith, Stacey Augmon
    Kings: Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson
    Spurs: Derek Anderson, Antonio Daniels
    Sixers: Allen Iverson, Aaron Mckie

Blazers: Bonzi Wells, Derek Anderson
    Spurs: Antonio Daniels, Steve Smith
    Kings: Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie
    Nets: Kerry Kittles, Lucious Harris

Jazz: Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer
    Houston: Shane Battier, Ron Artest
    Denver: JR Smith, Dahntay Jones
    Magic: Mickael Pietrus, Courtney Lee

OKC: James Harden, Thabo Sefolosha
    Jazz: Wesley Matthews, Kyle Korver
    Suns: Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley
    Boston: Ray Allen, Tony Allen

Now, let us see who Tim Duncan was against during his le runs shall we?

Wolves: Kevin Garnett, Joe Smith
    Lakers: Robert Horry, Shaquille O'neal
    Blazers: Rasheed Wallace, Brian Grant
    Knicks: Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas

Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Scott Williams
    Lakers: Shaquille O'neal, Robert Horry
    Mavs: Dirk Nowitzki, Eduardo Najera
    Nets: Kenyon Martin, Jason Collins

Denver: Kenyon Martin, Nene Hilario
    Seattle: Jerome James, Reggie Evans
    Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Shawn Marion
    Pistons: Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace

Denver: Nene Hilario, Marcus Camby
    Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Kurt Thomas
    Jazz: Mehemet Okur, Carlos Boozer
    Cleveland: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Verajao

Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki, Samuel Dalembert
    Blazers: LaMarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez
    OKC: Kendrick Perkins, Serge Ibaka
    Miami: Chris Bosh, Chris Anderson

Now that that is done, can you REALLY honestly say that Kobe has indeed had the tougher road? Here is another gem for you. Kobe Bryant started playing basketball when he was 3. Duncan started playing basketball when he was in 9th grade. The sad part is that we are even having this discussion about which player is better when you compare someone who has played the game almost his entire life and another one who started basketball as a second option in high school. Perhaps Kobe's road is tougher. After all that Bean has done, he will still be in the shadow of a player who only took up basketball because of a hurricane in 1989.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really need to have a very tough mind to spread a 's legs and thrust an object in it despite the poor woman's crying, so yes Kobe must have a tougher mind than Duncan, I'm not sure about physicality though, but maybe you can get a clue by taking a look at the comparison of the numbers of games played by Duncan and Kobe last season.

Plus, you can't be married and be smart at the same time. Duncan is smart, Kobe not...

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe has Tim beat here.... Kobe looks mentally tough here!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who exactly did Kobe play against in the le years?

Kings: Jon Barry, Nick Anderson
    Suns: Penny Hardaway, Todd Day
    Blazers: Steve Smith, Bonzi Wells
    Pacers: Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose

Blazers: Steve Smith, Stacey Augmon
    Kings: Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson
    Spurs: Derek Anderson, Antonio Daniels
    Sixers: Allen Iverson, Aaron Mckie

Blazers: Bonzi Wells, Derek Anderson
    Spurs: Antonio Daniels, Steve Smith
    Kings: Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie
    Nets: Kerry Kittles, Lucious Harris

Jazz: Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer
    Houston: Shane Battier, Ron Artest
    Denver: JR Smith, Dahntay Jones
    Magic: Mickael Pietrus, Courtney Lee

OKC: James Harden, Thabo Sefolosha
    Jazz: Wesley Matthews, Kyle Korver
    Suns: Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley
    Boston: Ray Allen, Tony Allen

Now, let us see who Tim Duncan was against during his le runs shall we?

Wolves: Kevin Garnett, Joe Smith
    Lakers: Robert Horry, Shaquille O'neal
    Blazers: Rasheed Wallace, Brian Grant
    Knicks: Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas

Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Scott Williams
    Lakers: Shaquille O'neal, Robert Horry
    Mavs: Dirk Nowitzki, Eduardo Najera
    Nets: Kenyon Martin, Jason Collins

Denver: Kenyon Martin, Nene Hilario
    Seattle: Jerome James, Reggie Evans
    Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Shawn Marion
    Pistons: Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace

Denver: Nene Hilario, Marcus Camby
    Suns: Amar'e Stoudemire, Kurt Thomas
    Jazz: Mehemet Okur, Carlos Boozer
    Cleveland: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Verajao

Dallas: Dirk Nowitzki, Samuel Dalembert
    Blazers: LaMarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez
    OKC: Kendrick Perkins, Serge Ibaka
    Miami: Chris Bosh, Chris Anderson

Now that that is done, can you REALLY honestly say that Kobe has indeed had the tougher road? Here is another gem for you. Kobe Bryant started playing basketball when he was 3. Duncan started playing basketball when he was in 9th grade. The sad part is that we are even having this discussion about which player is better when you compare someone who has played the game almost his entire life and another one who started basketball as a second option in high school. Perhaps Kobe's road is tougher. After all that Bean has done, he will still be in the shadow of a player who only took up basketball because of a hurricane in 1989.

Since you're cherry picking just the play-offs let me burst your ass bubble....all the players you mention that Duncan went through Kobe had to deal with the same players plus the ones you selected for him. Fact is ALL positions on the court including the center defend and collapse on the 2 guard....conversely only the 4-5 will defend the 4 or 5 positions...Duncan didn't have to worry about PG's, SG's, or SF's trying to defend him whereas Kobe had to worry about ALL postions either defending on or collapsing in on him to defend. Again Hakeem was on the money with his take that the 2 guard position is the hardest position in ALL of basketball. I just shat all over your well thought out argument.

These are just some of the talents Kobe had to deal with. Plus all the ones you mentioned for Tammy

Offensive side: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Grant Hill, T-MAC, Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Jason Kidd, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Paul Pierece, Ray Allen, Derick Rose, Steve Nash, Russell Westbrook, Rondo, Monta Ellis, Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Mike Finley, CP3, Baron Davis, etc etc

Defensive side: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, Arron Afflalo, Thebo Shefalosa, Dahntay Jones, James Posey, Tayshaun Prince, Doug Christie, Rueben Patterson, Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Shane Battier, Raja Bell, Stephen Jackson, Eric Snow, Andre Igoudala, Nicolas Batum
    Last edited by Koolaid_Man; 08-16-2014 at 06:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you're cherry picking just the play-offs let me burst your ass bubble....all the players you mention that Duncan went through Kobe had to deal with the same players plus the ones you selected for him. Fact is ALL positions on the court including the center defend and collapse on the 2 guard....conversely only the 4-5 will defend the 4 or 5 positions...Duncan didn't have to worry about PG's, SG's, or SF's trying to defend him whereas Kobe had to worry about ALL postions either defending on or collapsing in on him to defend. Again Hakeem was on the money with his take that the 2 guard position is the hardest position in ALL of basketball. I just shat all over your well thought out argument.

These are just some of the talents Kobe had to deal with.

Offensive side: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Grant Hill, T-MAC, Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Jason Kidd, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Paul Pierece, Ray Allen, Derick Rose, Steve Nash, Russell Westbrook, Rondo, Monta Ellis, Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Mike Finley, CP3, Baron Davis, etc etc

Defensive side: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, Arron Afflalo, Thebo Shefalosa, Dahntay Jones, James Posey, Tayshaun Prince, Doug Christie, Rueben Patterson, Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Shane Battier, Raja Bell, Stephen Jackson, Eric Snow, Andre Igoudala, Nicolas Batum
    The bolded statement that you made is completely ridiculous. Do you even watch basketball? Duncan always has to worry about weak side help or a defender dropping down from the perimeter to dig at him or double. Why don't they do it every time? Simple.... Duncan is THAT dangerous of a player. If he doesn't kill you down low, he will kill you with his pass to the open man. on my argument???? you made it even MORE impressive. Not only does Duncan command a double team, but makes teams worry about doubling him, he also defends the paint against EVERY offensive player in the league. How often does Duncan have to defend against a guard driving the lane, as opposed to how often Kobe has to defend a big in the post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For someone that watches the Lakers I thought you would like to see this as an example of a PG dropping in to help Howard (DPOY) on Duncan.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...414-photo.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 guard the toughest position in basketball? Let's see Kobe handle a season of 250+ pound giants trying to keep him out of the paint on both sides of the court.

EDIT: Actually, lets see him handle 17 seasons doing it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just bumped a sweet thread for your dumb ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you bumped a thread to prove my point even further? How many positions is he trying to stop?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you bumped a thread to prove my point even further? How many positions is he trying to stop?
    He's a horrible defender....besides Kobe blocked his shot 3 times in the same dam game....Duncan is a putz compared to Kobe....sure Duncan's gonna get some blocks but he was really a pussy on the block that's why he had to work on that bank shot....Dude can't with Kobe...there's a reason Kobe is mentioned with the best ever to play the game and Duncan is only mentioned as a best positional player...

Thread Information