Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've heard this game is absolute dog .

This is good. Last time everyone realized a 2k game was , we were gifted with 2k11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/10...a-2k15/110044/

This review likes it a lot, and on metacritic the game is getting a lot of praise.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IGN s all over 2k15, but all the bad marks are for the online crap that I won't play anyways. Last one I got was 2k13 so I'll probably get this one too, though I'm cheap might wait for it to come down to $39.99.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IGN s all over 2k15, but all the bad marks are for the online crap that I won't play anyways. Last one I got was 2k13 so I'll probably get this one too, though I'm cheap might wait for it to come down to $39.99.
    Yeah, I hate online stuff. Just a bunch of goobers trying to find the easiest way to exploit the game engine for points. Ends up not being a very realistic representation of basketball. If I find an exploit in the AI's programming, I won't use it to win games unless I'm set on the hardest difficulty level, and even then I usually handicap myself to only playing realistic basketball.

I haven't bought a 2k basketball game since 2k12 so I might jump on this today. Want to see the next-gen engine on my computer with all the mods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised that Spurs is rated that high. in finally eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got it 2k15 last night for the 360.
    what the is wrong with you
    expecting a groundbreaking sports game experience on a 10 year old console

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the is wrong with you
    expecting a groundbreaking sports game experience on a 10 year old console
    Doesn't XBone only render at 720p like X360 anyways? LOL paying $500 for that piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are my thoughts so far. Playing on PC as the Spurs in the association mode..

Pros

Graphics - Nearly all the player models look spot on. The hair and beards look great for the most part. The courts, jerseys, lighting, all look amazing on ultra settings. The players seem to be bigger this year, and their ratio to the court and the basket is much more realistic looking IMO.

Gameplay - As refined as ever. Once you get the hang of the controls, and take the time to learn all of the moves and hot zones, you feel like you are in complete control of what you are trying to do.

Animations - They fixed a lot of the stupid ass animations that have ruined a lot of close games in the past. I haven't been ed over near the basket yet. The players feel more weighty and less ice skatey this year. Some people complain about 2k's player movement in general, but these are s with no coordination who do not get the concept of slight stick movements to stay with the opposing player. You should only mash the left stick when you're trying to run up the court.

Presentation - The UI, tickers, cut scenes all look great. They have Warriors coach Steve Kerr doing the double duty of coaching and calling the game which is funny when you play the Warriors, but 2K says they didn't have enough time to replace all of Kerr's audio. They added in pre-game shows with Ernie and Shaq and they have a ton to say, but Shaq looks re ed when he's talking. Maybe that was intended. On the fly camera changes are a great addition IMO as well.

Myplayer - The face scan is great if you read the tips from 2k to get them right, but even w/o the scan the molding tools are perfect for getting the faces to look exactly like you want them. From what I've seen the storylines look ok, I may actually play this mode this year.

Cons

Choppiness/Stuttering - the game has micro stutter during the gameplay that annoys the out of me. 2k is aware of the issue, and it should be fixed officially through a patch soon. I've been able to play around w/ some settings in the mean time to improve the issue.

Certain beards and hairstyles - look stupid as . Belinelli and Pop are good examples of this.

Ambient sounds - Not enough on court sound. 2k needs to animate the players faces more and include the sounds of trash talking, yelling when fouled or dunking, etc. It just seems too quiet. This has always been a problem for them.

Soundtrack -

Nuff said. Arby's hat ed up the soundtrack real nicely, and his gotry is on full display here.

As for any gripes about the online, I haven't heard the details yet, but don't really care because the online is ruined by the community. Couch multiplayer is where it's at.
    Last edited by DJR210; 10-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't XBone only render at 720p like X360 anyways? LOL paying $500 for that piece of .
    more than likely. The console people are ting the bed on the video game forums at the announcement of Assassin's Creed Unity being locked at 900p and 30 FPS on consoles. The reason for the decision from Ubisoft was hilarious.

"we locked it on both systems so the players won't fight about which version is better"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more than likely. The console people are ting the bed on the video game forums at the announcement of Assassin's Creed Unity being locked at 900p and 30 FPS on consoles. The reason for the decision from Ubisoft was hilarious.

"we locked it on both systems so the players won't fight about which version is better"
    I don't mind locking to 30 FPS at 1920x1080 when I can't hit 60, but having to drop to 1600x900 just to get 30 FPS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind locking to 30 FPS at 1920x1080 when I can't hit 60, but having to drop to 1600x900 just to get 30 FPS?
    "we wanted the game to have a cinematic feel, 60 FPS looks weird like The Hobbit movie" - Ubisoft

30 FPS is unplayable once you get used to 60. Just can't go less than 50 FPS. I haven't tried true 120 hz yet, but I can imagine how nice that would look on a G -Sync monitor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we wanted the game to have a cinematic feel, 60 FPS looks weird like The Hobbit movie" - Ubisoft

30 FPS is unplayable once you get used to 60. Just can't go less than 50 FPS. I haven't tried true 120 hz yet, but I can imagine how nice that would look on a G -Sync monitor.
    I'd rather have the visuals than the FPS tbh, and I'm not buying an unlocked i7 and a 780 Ti or 980 just to get that locked 60 fps on Crysis 3 Very High for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You knew that game was going to be when AMD is giving it away free at launch for buying one of their cards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You knew that game was going to be when AMD is giving it away free at launch for buying one of their cards.
    Both companies routinely give out AAA games w/ their cards. Borderlands 2, BF4, Assassins Creed 3 and 4, Arkham City all come to mind. If anything, you know that game is gonna suck because it's an Alien game not on the Genesis. In fairness, I have actually heard some good things about AI on other forums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both companies routinely give out AAA games w/ their cards. Borderlands 2, BF4, Assassins Creed 3 and 4, Arkham City all come to mind. If anything, you know that game is gonna suck because it's an Alien game not on the Genesis. In fairness, I have actually heard some good things about AI on other forums.
    Wow, never knew they used to give out good games. If I go AMD I'm not even going to take them up on the 3 free games offer for the $6 newegg will charge me in shipping. The AMD Gold lineup looks like right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take it back: Star Citizen looks pretty interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, never knew they used to give out good games. If I go AMD I'm not even going to take them up on the 3 free games offer for the $6 newegg will charge me in shipping. The AMD Gold lineup looks like right now.
    you're trippin. While I agree the list is dated, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Payday 2, Company of Heroes 2 are all good games. Hitman and Tomb Raider are also good to show off what your new card is capable of. , if you ever get a GPU I'll pay the shipping and redeem your games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take it back: Star Citizen looks pretty interesting.
    Yeah, was gonna warn you not to talk bad about Star Citizen. Cry Havoc will be ing pissed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, let me know when you buy your card. I might take those games off your hand and pay the shipping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, let me know when you buy your card. I might take those games off your hand and pay the shipping.
    Hey, hey, hey. Don't go bustin my balls guy, I already made the offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To channel my inner Croyt, you two gots can go fist each other tbh, as DJR210 sold me on keeping them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To channel my inner Croyt, you two gots can go fist each other tbh, as DJR210 sold me on keeping them.

Star Citizen will be amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still holding on to the dream of a computer upgrade
    spends all spare money on Mexican food

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spends all spare money on Mexican s
    fify tbh