Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba.../1100-6421702/

The PC release of NBA 2K15 will offer superior graphical fidelity than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, according to 2K Sports.

While the PC version of NBA 2K14 matched the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, 2K15 will exceed the visuals offered on current consoles. "Gamers will be able to experience the full breadth of new modes and features found on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with even more graphical fidelity," 2K Sports said.

NBA 2K15s Soundtrack, curated by award-winning musician Pharrell Williams was also revealed, listed below:

A Tribe Called Quest -- "Scenario"
    Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force -- "Planet Rock"
    Basement Jaxx -- "Hot ’n Cold"
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club -- "River Styx"
    Busta Rhymes -- "Dangerous"
    Clipse -- "Grindin'"
    Death from Above 1979 -- "Romantic Rights"
    Depeche Mode -- "Personal Jesus"
    Junior -- "Mama Used to Say"
    Lauryn Hill -- "Doo Wop (That Thing)"
    Lorde -- "Team"
    Major Lazer featuring Pharrell Williams -- "Aerosol Can"
    Missy Elliott -- "On & On"
    No Doubt -- "Spiderwebs"
    OneRepublic -- "Love Runs Out"
    Pharrell Williams -- "Hunter"
    Pharrell Williams -- "Can I Have It Like That"
    Pharrell Williams -- "How Does It Feel?"
    Public Enemy -- "Shut 'Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)"
    Ratatat -- "Seventeen Years"
    Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Suck My Kiss"
    Santigold -- "Creator"
    Snoop Dogg -- "Drop It Like It's Hot"
    Strafe -- "Set It Off"
    The Black Keys -- "Everlasting Light"
    The Rapture -- "House of Jealous Lovers"
    The Strokes -- "Under Cover of Darkness"
    2K Sports last month claimed 2K15's soundtrack will be the "most extensive and unique soundtrack compilation in NBA 2K franchise history." The first gameplay footage of 2K15 was revealed last week.

NBA 2K15 will be released on October 7 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Do you really play these games for the graphics? Why dont they just take an actual game where people will actually appreciate the graphics like in Watch Dogs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really play these games for the graphics? Why dont they just take an actual game where people will actually appreciate the graphics like in Watch Dogs?
    imo 2K14 was good in terms of graphics. Don't know how it could get more real than that. I'll have to check out the gameplay on PC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, this game is even more worth getting just for that soundtrack. Wow tbh. 2K14 soundtrack was wack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2k catalogue tracks vs live? who has the better tracks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, this game is even more worth getting just for that soundtrack. Wow tbh. 2K14 soundtrack was wack.
    That's because Lebron hand picked all those songs. That's the that he likes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typically no, but some genres (sports and racing, for instance) benefit vastly from improved engines. This isn't just due to the graphics that are actively attempting to imitate a real sport (as opposed to something like Grand Theft Auto which can be more artistically stylized) but because the more advanced engine allows for better physics with players interacting.

10 years ago, momentum and weight was a completely new thing to sports games. A collision between two players was basically just a clip of a canned animation that you could see 10-20 times in a single game. Now the animations are starting to approach something resembling real weight, even if they still have a long way to go.

As the tech improves, so does the capability for giving games an authentic feel, which further blurs the illusion between playing a video game and watching an actual NBA game on TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope 2K doesn't pull a Ubisoft and ends up scaling back the graphics on the PC version after the fact, like they did with Watchdogs... I'm sure Sony and Microsoft are going to complain, but without a competing product out there (lol NBA Live), they might not have much leverage...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graphics on Watchdogs ing suck. You have to mod the game to get the graphical effects they used to get everybody pumped up at E3.

As for the question about graphics, I'm big on them. At this age the main thing that will capture and hold my attention span long enough to enjoy a game is cutting edge graphics. This is why I jumped off the ty media center focused console crap, and built a gaming PC.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graphics on Watchdogs ing suck. You have to mod the game to get the graphical effects they used to get everybody pumped up at E3.

As for the question about graphics, I'm big on them. At this age the main thing that will capture and hold my attention span long enough to enjoy a game is cutting edge graphics. This is why I jumped off the ty media center focused console crap, and built a gaming PC.
    Man, I feel the complete opposite. Graphics got so good 8-10 years ago that it seems like there is real diminishing returns on them now. The stuff like the super high res texture mods for PC Skyrim didn't do anything for me, as I thought it was already really impressive straight out the box on 360.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I feel the complete opposite. Graphics got so good 8-10 years ago that it seems like there is real diminishing returns on them now. The stuff like the super high res texture mods for PC Skyrim didn't do anything for me, as I thought it was already really impressive straight out the box on 360.
    speaking of Skyrim, I literally spend more time modding every inch of the graphics than actually playing the game. To this date I've never beat the main quest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typically no, but some genres (sports and racing, for instance) benefit vastly from improved engines. This isn't just due to the graphics that are actively attempting to imitate a real sport (as opposed to something like Grand Theft Auto which can be more artistically stylized) but because the more advanced engine allows for better physics with players interacting.

10 years ago, momentum and weight was a completely new thing to sports games. A collision between two players was basically just a clip of a canned animation that you could see 10-20 times in a single game. Now the animations are starting to approach something resembling real weight, even if they still have a long way to go.

As the tech improves, so does the capability for giving games an authentic feel, which further blurs the illusion between playing a video game and watching an actual NBA game on TV.
    Hate to tell you but a lot of times in 2k14 a collision just brings a canned annimation too. The game is OK but it would have to get amazingly better for me to consider buying it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this is where I'm at. Give me good gameplay/story if you want me to play your game. Watchdogs wasn't good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, I'm the opposite. I think graphics are just now getting to the point where we can actually start to offer virtual experiences that mimic the real world due to physics calculations that GPUs can do on the fly. Ballistic properties, momentum, gravity, these are STUPIDLY hard to program in games, or they have been in the past. Now? It's actually starting to feel like the real thing. And that's awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to tell you but a lot of times in 2k14 a collision just brings a canned annimation too. The game is OK but it would have to get amazingly better for me to consider buying it.
    I agree, I think 2k has been mailing it in a bit as of late. But you at least get a lot more variety with what's going on. EA has a lot of pressure in the Football market from PES, and you actually see dynamic collision models being developed in those games which are pretty amazing most of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, I'm the opposite. I think graphics are just now getting to the point where we can actually start to offer virtual experiences that mimic the real world due to physics calculations that GPUs can do on the fly. Ballistic properties, momentum, gravity, these are STUPIDLY hard to program in games, or they have been in the past. Now? It's actually starting to feel like the real thing. And that's awesome.
    It can be awesome but sometimes its not as fun. It depends on your play style preference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, I think 2k has been mailing it in a bit as of late. But you at least get a lot more variety with what's going on. EA has a lot of pressure in the Football market from PES, and you actually see dynamic collision models being developed in those games which are pretty amazing most of the time.
    I hope PES comes out with a better game this year because while I like FIFA online I prefer the old master leagues from PES. I also would like to see NFL2k come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, nevermind
    Last edited by baseline bum; 08-18-2014 at 11:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can be awesome but sometimes its not as fun. It depends on your play style preference.
    Having the option is great. Star Citizen, for example, is going to make the most out of Newtonian physics to give a more realistic weight to the ships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't buy the hype, actual classical mechanics (Newtonian physics) on a dynamic physics model run largely on the CPU, including PhysX. The few portions that are GPU accelerated normally include rigid body collision, dynamically generated debris or particle effects. That includes "NVIDIA® Quantum Effects", which is mostly related to physics specifically for particle generation (smoke, explosions, fire, etc).

It's just that CPUs have become faster, with more cores and threads, and extensions such as SSE2/SSE3/SSE4 do provide a solid speed boost for vector calculations. GPUs have intrinsic problems to take over game world simulation tasks, they're more geared towards textures and framebuffers, longer latency, mul hreading is slower, and there's less room to keep temporary values around.

The plus about PhysX, the old Havok FX, Bullet, Box2d, etc is that they all offer a single API to target that's portable and it's solid. I've used Bullet in a project before, it's really good and simple to use.

A full, real hardware-accelerated physics simulation would require a dedicated PPU (like the now defunct AGEIA PhysX), or a processor like the Cell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't buy the hype, actual classical mechanics (Newtonian physics) on a dynamic physics model run largely on the CPU, including PhysX. The few portions that are GPU accelerated normally include rigid body collision, dynamically generated debris or particle effects. That includes "NVIDIA® Quantum Effects", which is mostly related to physics specifically for particle generation (smoke, explosions, fire, etc).

It's just that CPUs have become faster, with more cores and threads, and extensions such as SSE2/SSE3/SSE4 do provide a solid speed boost for vector calculations. GPUs have intrinsic problems to take over game world simulation tasks, they're more geared towards textures and framebuffers, longer latency, mul hreading is slower, and there's less room to keep temporary values around.

The plus about PhysX, the old Havok FX, Bullet, Box2d, etc is that they all offer a single API to target that's portable and it's solid. I've used Bullet in a project before, it's really good and simple to use.

A full, real hardware-accelerated physics simulation would require a dedicated PPU (like the now defunct AGEIA PhysX), or a processor like the Cell.
    I'll buy the expensive hardware when I can have my games ray-traced in real time tbh. Better yet, every photon emitted and absorbed needs to come from an explicit change in quantum state in an atom of the material tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll buy the expensive hardware when I can have my games ray-traced in real time tbh. Better yet, every photon emitted and absorbed needs to come from an explicit change in quantum state in an atom of the material tbqh.

Unreal Engine 4 actually has some very neat texture/material building...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unreal Engine 4 actually has some very neat texture/material building...
    Does the Aegia PhysX PPU construct an explicit Higgs field? What do they set the cosmological constant to in their gravitational calculations? Is it based on Copenhagen or are they of the Many Worlds religion? I kind of prefer many worlds since I can do bogo sort in linear time and space then. Do they use open strings, or only closed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the Aegia PhysX PPU construct an explicit Higgs field? What do they set the cosmological constant to in their gravitational calculations? Is it based on Copenhagen or are they of the Many Worlds religion? I kind of prefer many worlds since I can do bogo sort in linear time and space then. Do they use open strings, or only closed?
    I haven't read much, but it apparently uses polar coordinates over a 2^n Galois field, with several vector hyper-extension units, single-clock inverse kinematics, and reduced latency on point to vector and point to agility conversion. You're spot on about the ray casting sorting algo, they reshuffle after checking if it's sorted. Sounds like the obvious choice, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone is interested, NBA2K14 is $15 on steam, Bioshock franchise $10, both Portals games $6

Thread Information