Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Per stein

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Good signing. Lebron doesn't have to play too many minutes.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Another year of Dudley and Barnes for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I get the sense this team is custom built to beat us. marion always gives us trouble with his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I get the sense this team is custom built to beat us. marion always gives us trouble with his defense.
    he hasnt done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He locked down TP pretty well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god it's 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's gonna be 37 come playoffs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, Marion for minimum is a ing steal. How many guys capable of giving 25-30 quality minutes a night are you getting with $1.5 million?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, Marion for minimum is a ing steal. How many guys capable of giving 25-30 quality minutes a night are you getting with $1.5 million?
    Lol, if your team neads 25-30 quality minutes from Marion, you're going to lose. I don't care who Lebron recruits, if the Spurs enter the playoffs healthy, we're winning the chip again. God bless those little Cavs though, they're trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's gonna be 37 come playoffs.
    So. How old is Tim Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy 5-7 years ago LeBron couldn't get anyone to go to Cleveland even when they had capspace. Now they land an A-level big man in Love, one of the 3 or 4 best shooters in the game on a heavy discount in Miller, and a versitale 4 who can play some 3 on a minimum deal in Marion. Minimum deals are supposed to get you the Greg Stiemsma's of the world, not guys who can contribute as major parts of a playoff team's rotation. I really don't see how anyone beats Cleveland in the East unless Waiters acts like an en led again. Which I don't see, as James is going to take so much pressure away from him and the media narrative will be about him growing up and sacrificing to be a more efficient player in order to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, if your team neads 25-30 quality minutes from Marion, you're going to lose. I don't care who Lebron recruits, if the Spurs enter the playoffs healthy, we're winning the chip again. God bless those little Cavs though, they're trying.
    He played 32 minutes a night for Dallas and they were a quality team in 2014. Man, you're acting like les are easy. I mean the Spurs have a roster without any real holes, but a lot can happen in an NBA season.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Mavs losing Marion and Carter gonna hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So. How old is Tim Duncan?
    Tim is a big. Guards don't age that well and especially on the defensive end. You should know cause we saw the uglier side of Bruce Bowen in 2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim is a big. Guards don't age that well and especially on the defensive end. You should know cause we saw the uglier side of Bruce Bowen in 2009.
    Since when do bigs age well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another year of Dudley and Barnes for us
    Nah, there's still plenty of SFs to choose from: Michael Beasley, Hedo Turkoglu, Francisco Garcia, Rashard Lewis, John Salmons, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Ronnie Brewer, Donte Greene, Chris Singleton, Rasual Butler, Josh Howard, Stephen Jackson, Damion James, Adonis Thomas, Ryan Gomes

Clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also saw Marion play last season, and he was good against Parker. Besides, Bowen was never the athlete Marion was. Even if Marion has a lost a lot, he is still a decent athlete.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nah, there's still plenty of SFs to choose from: Michael Beasley, Hedo Turkoglu, Francisco Garcia, Rashard Lewis, John Salmons, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Ronnie Brewer, Donte Greene, Chris Singleton, Rasual Butler, Josh Howard, Stephen Jackson, Damion James, Adonis Thomas, Ryan Gomes

Clippers
    Sadly, a frightening amount of those scrubs have already played for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs are now above Bulls for Finals contention I think. they're just too versatile with the last couple of signings. They can now reliably run Irving, Waiters (or even Miller), Marion, LeBron, and Love at any point. That's a really, really solid unit with some options to give them matchup flexibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion was awful last year, he has virtually nothing left in the tank as a rotation player, tbh..he's a solid 8th/9th man, but he shouldn't be one of your top 6-7 guys, at this point..

He's just an average defender and a below average offensive player nowadays..he'll need to have a massive rejuvenation to reestablish himself as a key player on a contender..

NBA fans/media are enamoured with names, rather than actual production, it has always been the case, tbh..see: Granger, Butler last year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 32 minutes a night for Dallas and they were a quality team in 2014. Man, you're acting like les are easy. I mean the Spurs have a roster without any real holes, but a lot can happen in an NBA season.
    I don't mean to imply les are easy but I do hold out that the Spurs were caught off guard by the Mavs in the playoffs. I don't believe they played with the necessary respect or fear against them. I understand the Spurs players said otherwise but I just don't buy it. Its human nature that when you face a team that you have pretty much dominated, you might drop your guard against them. The bench definitely underperformed and needed a wake-up call. As for the Mavs, once they lost the season finale against the Grizzlies and were destined to play us, they came out and played as if they had nothing to lose.

I honestly never felt that we were going to lose that series. I was pissed-off and frustrated that the Spurs players seemed to be playing like zombies and in some sort of funk. No passion, no urgency, etc.

I felt the Thunder were going to be our toughest matchup for sure but I also knew the Spurs would be ready for them - Ibaka or no Ibaka.

As for Miami, I was actually surprised they made it to the Finals. Getting there 4 years in a row is pretty impressive. But I hoped for it and thought we would destroy them. Along with the Spurs being fired up to atone for the previous year, Miami looked spent. They didn't have the fire-power to counter the Spurs after losing Mike Miller and seeing Battier's play drop. I called Spurs in 5.

As of right now, I give Cleveland the nod in the East, slightly over the Bulls. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls made it either. My hope is to have everyone healthy for the playoffs next year and see Kawhi take his play to yet another level. They should be motivated to win and finally achieve the back-to-back. Lol, at anyone thinking the Spurs' success over the last 16 years doesn't make them a dynasty. The stats are ridiculous. 6 NBA Finals appearances, 5 Championships won (Thats an average of playing in the Finals every 3 years). If we had finished off the Heat the year before, we would have averaged winning a Championship every 3 years in a decade and a half.

I love this team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anyone thinking Spurs can possibly repeat. Everyone knows Spurs never repeat

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mavs losing Marion and Carter gonna hurt.
    Carter yes, Marion no. He was awful!

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Marion was awful last year, he has virtually nothing left in the tank as a rotation player, tbh..he's a solid 8th/9th man, but he shouldn't be one of your top 6-7 guys, at this point..

He's just an average defender and a below average offensive player nowadays..he'll need to have a massive rejuvenation to reestablish himself as a key player on a contender..

NBA fans/media are enamoured with names, rather than actual production, it has always been the case, tbh..see: Granger, Butler last year..
    Marion, Allen, and Miller aren't really good anymore but adding 3 quality veterans that can eat up minutes and make occasional plays is good enough when you already have a strong foundation.

Thread Information