Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think A&M will go 8-4. I'm not very confident about the game @SC but if we can somehow pull that one off, then that would set up a nice platform for the season. Win or lose though I still think A&M makes it to 8-4.

I got Texas going 5-7 and Texas Tech going 8-4.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol at the predicitions of 8 and 4. They will be lucky to win 5 games.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a best case scenario of 6-6 for the Ags.
    So, business as usual in Crap Station?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lol at the predicitions of 8 and 4. They will be lucky to win 5 games.
    $100.00 bet? Who has more wins at the end of the season.. A&M v Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    $100.00 bet? Who has more wins at the end of the season.. A&M v Texas.
    Deal.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Bowl game is included obviously. A tie is a tie. I'll do paypal or a check whatever you prefer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    PayPal is fine

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I got Texas going 5-7 and Texas Tech going 8-4.

imo if Ash, Malcolm Brown, and J Gray stays healthy and Strong really does improve the defense, UT is the big XII dark horse.

i don't see a&m doing well with manziel and mike evans gone unless someone really steps up.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'm not worried about the offense. A&M has more weapons now with Noil, Seals-Jones & Clear than they did last year at the receiver spot. Our RB staple rivals anyone in the nation and our O-line won't have much dropoff. It might take a few games for everything to start clicking but the offense will be fine and we will put up points.

Defense is another story. The two guys arrested for burglary (Claiborne and Golden) were two of our top 5 defenders going into this season and those departures hurt 10x as much as losing Evans does (just because how stacked we are at the wr spot).

Saying that, we had absolutely zero pass rush last year and we should be able to develop some of that this season with Hall having a year under his belt and Garrett coming in extremely polished already. We are young in the secondary but have some talent in the back. There will be mistakes made in the passing game but the added pass rush should help improve that unit. LB and DT play can't get much worse than last year and I'm sure it will be somewhat improved but being able to stop the power running game is still the most worrisome aspect of our team. Teams like LSU, Bama, Aub, SC should have a field day running the ball much like last year. Actually glad we drew Mizzou from the East this year since they most likely won't have a very formidable run game.

Post Count
    I got Texas going 5-7
    You're either trolling (though you're not smart enough to know how to deliberately) or just a damn fool. How about a friendly wager over a one year Spurstalk forum ban? They win 5 or less and I'm out, they win more than 5 and you're out.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i see texas going 7-5. (tech game for me is a toss up at this point but i'm giving it to tech since they have home field).

Post Count
    I don't know how Aggy will do. The non-conference schedule is a complete joke -- 4 absolute free wins there and outside of the SEC's best few teams, the rest of the conference is nothing special.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not sure either though i have them winning all their home games with the exception of the LSU game and then i have them beating arkansas in a neutral site and mississipi state on the road but clearly these are the games along with ole miss and mizzou at home that will make the difference between a winning or losing record. i'm giving them those games cause i'm a homer and that puts them at 8-4. if the defense shows no improvement (which would surprise me) or if the QB is so erratic it negates an outstanding OL and solid skill positions then 6-6 could happen. special teams is also solid so that would help in a close game. horns and ags are gearing to have similar seasons and both have significant question marks. baylor rules the state for now.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You're either trolling (though you're not smart enough to know how to deliberately) or just a damn fool. How about a friendly wager over a one year Spurstalk forum ban? They win 5 or less and I'm out, they win more than 5 and you're out.
    No, i like you guys. Bans suck.

How about a college skin bet instead

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    i see texas going 7-5. (tech game for me is a toss up at this point but i'm giving it to tech since they have home field).
    Tech's run defense is a mystery again

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    How do you have them finishing?

Post Count
    How do you have them finishing?
    more than 5 wins. 8 minimum.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I don't know how Aggy will do. The non-conference schedule is a complete joke -- 4 absolute free wins there and outside of the SEC's best few teams, the rest of the conference is nothing special.
    According to the new AP Poll that came out today:

The SEC has 8 teams in the top 25.

A&M plays 3 top ten teams.
    A&M plays 6 top 25 teams.

OU plays 1 top ten team.
    OU plays 2 top 25 teams.

Baylor plays 1 top ten team.
    Baylor plays 2 top 25 teams.

Power 5 Conference Breakdown
    SEC - 8
    PAC 12 - 6
    Big 10 - 4
    ACC - 3
    Big 12 -3
    I think it's funny you like to denigrate our current non-conference schedule. Your conference schedule is a joke - and you're still not getting 8 wins.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think it's funny you like to denigrate our current non-conference schedule. Your conference schedule is a joke - and you're still not getting 8 wins.
    so silly. Both conferences have pretty good teams at the top. Neither conference schedule is easy.

Post Count
    and you're still not getting 8 wins.
    You wish, scrub. Expect a bump of this thread a few months from now.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    more than 5 wins. 8 minimum.
    Outline it. Are you beating OSU, Baylor, or OU?

Post Count
    Outline it. Are you beating OSU, Baylor, or OU?
    There are plenty of toss up games, and so there are plenty of ways to get to 8 wins.

If I'm forced to choose how it may happen, then I would go with something like this:

North Texas - W
    BYU - W
    (Neutral Site) UCLA - L
    at Kansas - W
    Baylor - W
    (Neutral Site) Oklahoma - L
    Iowa State - W
    at Kansas State - L
    at Texas Tech - W
    West Virginia - W
    at Oklahoma State - L
    TCU - W

But again, there are multiple ways to get to 8 wins.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That's a very optimistic outlook on the season

Post Count
    We won 8 games last season with Case McCoy at the helm, a horrific bowl draw against Oregon, and a inter-season coordinator change.

The over/under on wins for Texas (NOT including the result of a potential bowl game) is 7 1/2 according to BOVADA. It seems far from "very optimistic" to me to think that with or without a bowl game victory, they'll reach 8.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    There are plenty of toss up games, and so there are plenty of ways to get to 8 wins.

If I'm forced to choose how it may happen, then I would go with something like this:

North Texas - W
    BYU - W
    (Neutral Site) UCLA - L
    at Kansas - W
    Baylor - W
    (Neutral Site) Oklahoma - L
    Iowa State - W
    at Kansas State - L
    at Texas Tech - W
    West Virginia - W
    at Oklahoma State - L
    TCU - W

But again, there are multiple ways to get to 8 wins.
    at this point i have to go with baylor and tech gets the nod due to home field. but i have texas beating k-state. other than that i have the same results for texas for a record of 7-5. eight wins is optimistic but at least reasonably so.

Thread Information