Page 236 of 280 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6986
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Blake is a ing moron.
    or TRoll of the year?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So this fish, starting evolving during it's life time, right? How old was this fish when he left the sea? How long do they live? So we had a mommy and daddy and baby fish....right? So they just left the sea and found a place to live on land......why?

So these baby fish, began to evolve...why? Do they do that today? Well?

Anyone out there stupid enought to not see how ing ridiculous this is needs to stay in doors, they do not belong out in public.
    Evolution doesn't occur during the lifetime of one generation you dimwit

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    or TRoll of the year?
    Nope, moron!

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Evolution doesn't occur during the lifetime of one generation you dimwit
    Well no ya ing idiot, boy you're sharp.

So tell me stupid why evolve at all, well? What creatures are in some stage of evolution right now? Where are those fishies leaving the ocean now? We have never ever seen any fish in some stage of evolving into a hoofed creature.

Are you actually dumb enought to think a T-Rex evolved from a fish?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I always get a kick out of weirdos on the internet, don't they know nobody will ever..."yep, you were right and I was wrong"...? Who has ever seen that happen? I haven't have you? It's never going to happen.

And they work so damn hard at..."look I believe this, you need to agree with me, see"....hahahahaha!!!!!!!! It's ing funny.

I'm in this kinda mood at 1:00 whatever on the west coast.

Last edited by Avante; 08-14-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I;ve already did all the work, way too many......"we are led to believe"...."chances are"...."it could have been"...for me.
    Ah, so the reason you are lazy is because you thought you did actual work. Gotcha. That is at least an answer to the question asked.

Breaking news: You didn't do any work, unless you call "hand waving" work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Then in your words explain how wiggly fish evolved into a horse so a simple minded person like myself can understand it.
    time + mutation + natural selection

Not too difficult.

Genetic machinery occasionally makes errors, and not all of those errors are fatal. This introduces some variance in a population.

These variances are passed down to offspring.

If your environment favors a particular set of variances, those variances will increase in common-ness in a population.

Given enough time, and especially with geographic separation, you get new species, and the process continues.

Hope that is simple enough.

All you really have to accept is:
    Parents pass on their genes to their offspring.
    Mutations happen.
    Some variances increase or decrease the chances of an organism to reproduce.

That's it.

If you accept those three things, then you pretty much understand and accept evolution.
    You can throw in the overall age of the earth at billions of years, and you have the last piece of the puzzle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's been elaborated enough already. You're just too stupid to get it.
    Avante isn't really stupid, he is just lazy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you completely disregard any possibility of alien interference in the DNA chain somewhere in the past?
    Just curious.
    I can't rule it out conclusively, but I am not aware of any evidence that would support such an event.

In the sense that I won't accept it as true until someone shows me that it is true, yes I disregard it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So this fish, starting evolving during it's life time, right? How old was this fish when he left the sea? How long do they live? So we had a mommy and daddy and baby fish....right? So they just left the sea and found a place to live on land......why?

So these baby fish, began to evolve...why? Do they do that today? Well?

Anyone out there stupid enought to not see how ing ridiculous this is needs to stay in doors, they do not belong out in public.
    Translation:

"I'm too lazy to understand the theory involved".

This is, by the way, a strawman logical fallacy, in which you subs ute a distorted idea for a real idea, then attack the distorted idea and think you made a point.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

The only thing you really proved is that you don't understand the idea, have so far been too lazy to understand it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    To the idiots here who buy into.....we were fish.

Don't send me anywhere, no video. I want you to tell me how a fish evolved into an elephant and a fly? Come on, no bull . simple lingo explaining how a fish evolved into an elephant anda fly.

Now remember, there was no life, right? Then one day here comes this thing waddled onto shore...right? From this thing.....the cow, the bird. the insect, the gorilla, the human.....right?

Go ahead elaborate on how that happens and I promise I'll read all of it.
    he Basic Process of Evolution
    The basic theory of evolution is surprisingly simple. It has three essential parts:
    It is possible for the DNA of an organism to occasionally change, or mutate. A mutation changes the DNA of an organism in a way that affects its offspring, either immediately or several generations down the line.

The change brought about by a mutation is either beneficial, harmful or neutral. If the change is harmful, then it is unlikely that the offspring will survive to reproduce, so the mutation dies out and goes nowhere. If the change is beneficial, then it is likely that the offspring will do better than other offspring and so will reproduce more. Through reproduction, the beneficial mutation spreads. The process of culling bad mutations and spreading good mutations is called natural selection.

As mutations occur and spread over long periods of time, they cause new species to form. Over the course of many millions of years, the processes of mutation and natural selection have created every species of life that we see in the world today, from the simplest bacteria to humans and everything in between.

That simplest life form, through the processes of mutation and natural selection, has been shaped into every living species on the planet.
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/lif...evolution1.htm
    Do you accept that mutations happen?

Not sure what piece of the puzzle you are really missing, so we can start with that. Lots of good information on the mechanics of mutation can be had, if you want to know all the various kinds of mutation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't rule it out conclusively, but I am not aware of any evidence that would support such an event.

In the sense that I won't accept it as true until someone shows me that it is true, yes I disregard it.
    I hear you. And I don't have any evidence. But I do believe there is intelligent life out there. And if you make the jump to believing they've figured out space travel, then you have to assume they have already figured out manipulating DNA.
    Anyway, lots of assumptions. But assuming those things, it seem easier to reconcile humans as we are today with what was in the past. More so than evolution with no outside help.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hear you. And I don't have any evidence. But I do believe there is intelligent life out there. And if you make the jump to believing they've figured out space travel, then you have to assume they have already figured out manipulating DNA.
    Anyway, lots of assumptions. But assuming those things, it seem easier to reconcile humans as we are today with what was in the past. More so than evolution with no outside help.
    How do you know it is more plausible that organisms on our planet had their DNA manipulated by aliens that not?

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor and in Latin lex parsimoniae, which means 'law of parsimony') is a problem-solving principle devised by William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar and scholastic philosopher and theologian. The principle states that among competing hypotheses that predict equally well, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove to provide better predictions, but—in the absence of differences in predictive ability—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

I would not assume something without evidence, especially when it isn't required.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How do you know it is more plausible that organisms on our planet had their DNA manipulated by aliens that not?

I just don't believe that natural evolution would have taken us to this point. To the point of humans today and everything we've created. Not to mention the complexities of the human mind. We are so unique and strange when compared to the rest of the animals on earth.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I just don't believe that natural evolution would have taken us to this point. To the point of humans today and everything we've created. Not to mention the complexities of the human mind. We are so unique and strange when compared to the rest of the animals on earth.
    so outside of humans, do you buy evolution?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so outside of humans, do you buy evolution?
    Yeah...maybe. I don't know where the alien influence would have come in to play. But I guess it would be with early humans. I don't think they'd take a fish and screw with it to get to the eventual human. I don't know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah...maybe. I don't know where the alien influence would have come in to play. But I guess it would be with early humans. I don't think they'd take a fish and screw with it to get to the eventual human. I don't know.
    so we're good with getting all the way to other primates

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so we're good with getting all the way to other primates
    Yeah...I think so.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stupid is seeing someone type ...evolving...and then say they can't spell it, when it was an obvious typo the second time. Then ya wonder why you are seen as an idiot.
    deflecting the core problem... you don't understand the science, and more importantly, don't want to understand the science.

Keep plugging your ears and believing those ancient sand dwellers. No sweat off my back if you decide to stay in the past. Only just a matter of time until your backwards beliefs die out... Time, understanding and science is on my side.

all you have is "God of the gaps". It might last long enough for your lifetime if you are lucky.... you might die holding onto your beliefs. Doesn't matter that you will be nothing more than worm food and nothing else, just like the rest of us.
    Last edited by phyzik; 08-16-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    deflecting the core problem... you don't understand the science, and more importantly, don't want to understand the science.

Keep plugging your ears and believing those ancient sand dwellers. No sweat off my back if you decide to stay in the past.
    It's like this...

I have delved into the science and it's weak, all ya read is a bunch of.....led to believe...chances are....a good chance that. There are no...FACTS!!!!!! Just a bunch of....well maybe.

So cool youir bull , ok?

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's like this...

I have delved into the science and it's weak, all ya read is a bunch of.....led to believe...chances are....a good chance that. There are no...FACTS!!!!!! Just a bunch of....well maybe.

So cool youir bull , ok?

except, there IS strong scientific evidence vs your unfounded, unsupported, and ultimately debunked beliefs.

You just refuse to accept, or even look at them, BECAUSE of your beliefs.

And no, I wont "cool my bull " because it is NOT bull . I have the scientific method to back me up... what do you have? a prayer? a belief? a hope?

I have fact. Peer reviewed and scientifically tested fact.
    Last edited by phyzik; 08-16-2015 at 04:06 AM.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It is so amazing to me how the brain works and just how insane normally smart people are.....

I could ask a group of people if they believe in unicorns/leprechauns/dragons/ghost/faries/demons/haunted houses/zombies/supers ion/karma/astrology and most would scoff at that bull ....

Mention some sky daddy to those same people and they fall to their knee's in prayer....

What the do we call this mental disease???? It's probably not a mental disease... it is brain washing. People are just too weak to break the mental brain washing their parents gave them.

Fortunately, the trend is showing that the "believers" are dying off.... It may not happen by the end of my life but it IS happening.... The human race MAY have a chance if it happens fast enough.

The future will look back on this time period and thank those of us who fought to get rid of this backwards belief bigoted system of worship for a non-existent being.
    Last edited by phyzik; 08-16-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    except, there IS strong scientific evidence vs your unfounded, unsupported, and ultimately debunked beliefs.

You just refuse to accept, or even look at them, BECAUSE of your beliefs.

And no, I wont "cool my bull " because it is NOT bull . I have the scientific method to back me up... what do you have? a prayer? a belief? a hope?

I have fact. Peer reviewed and scientifically tested fact.

You're re ed!

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It is so amazing to me how the brain works and just how insane normally smart people are.....

I could ask a group of people if they believe in unicorns/leprechauns/dragons/ghost/faries/demons/haunted houses/zombies/supers ion/karma/astrology and most would scoff at that bull ....

Mention some sky daddy to those same people and they fall to their knee's in prayer....

What the do we call this mental disease???? It's probably not a mental disease... it is brain washing. People are just too weak to break the mental brain washing their parents gave them.

Fortunately, the trend is showing that the "believers" are dying off.... It may not happen by the end of my life but it IS happening.... The human race MAY have a chance if it happens fast enough.

The future will look back on this time period and thank those of us who fought to get rid of this backwards belief bigoted system of worship for a non-existent being.

I own a turtle smarting than you are.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I own a turtle smarting than you are.
    Lol grammar

Thread Information