Page 6 of 280 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not afraid. I believe in what I do and I have faith. I think the one with fear is the one that consistently has to discredit one's other belief. Especially when their responses are ""
    I see. So good christians call people gots for disagreeing with them? You aren't attempting to discrediting other's beliefs?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Sorry but you have no clue. Mark, the oldest gospel, was written about 50 years after the fact, and the author is in fact anonymous. The other three gospels share a source (Q source) and are also written by anonymous authors. Interestingly enough.... the gospel of Peter is believed to be actually written by him, but was not included in the canon. Dude said some nasty crap.... looks like it didn't fit the plan.
    The Gnostics snuck Revelations in there too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That's what the "all knowing" bible freaks believe. I just accept we still don't know many things. Big difference Rigoberto. I'm not afraid of admitting I don't know something when in fact I don't know it. Bible freaks on the other hand claim to know for fact how and when and under what cir stances a blood thirsty "all loving" deity created all 6k years ago
    bull , and one of the many questions asked by scientist is if life is out there, but what is life? the only thing we know of life is earth life, so to say that believing in a creator is stupid is just ignorant.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina State Wolfpack
    I see. So good christians call people gots for disagreeing with them? You aren't attempting to discrediting other's beliefs?
    I'm calling you a got because you don't know what you're defending and you sound as clueless as timmydiaz.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm calling you a got because you don't know what you're defending and you sound as clueless as timmydiaz.
    hey man, you, got.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When one living thing needs another different living thing to survive, it's called a symbiotic relationship.
    A good example of this is the relationship between bees and flowers. The bees need the nectar from some types of flowers to feed while these flowers need bees to pollinate them. Both depend on each other to exist and survive. The question for evolutionists is: How did these plants exist without the bees, and how did the bees exist without these plants?
    Again, atheistic scientists are stumped. Theistic evolutionists are perplexed as well. Yet if you believe in a Creator who specially created the various forms of life on earth, the answer is simple—both were created at about the same time.
    http://www.ucg.org/science/prove-evo...without-bible/

S for Symbiosis

You could at least give links for this stuff.

This has a very simple answer in evolutionary theory.

Many pairs of species are mutually and completely dependent upon each other. For example, fig trees require fig gall wasps to pollinate them, and the wasps require the figs to live. Another such example, among many, is the yucca and Pronuba yucca moth. If one species evolved first, it could not have survived on its own; the mutualistic species must have come into existence at essentially the same time.
    Obligate mutualism can evolve gradually from nonobligate associations. For example, a yucca can be pollinated by many insects and gradually specialize to attract just one moth, and a moth may live off many species of yucca and gradually specialize on just one. In fact, some yucca species are still pollinated by more than one moth, and the yucca moth Tegeticula yuccasella pollinates several species of yucca (Powell 1992).
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB630.html

Powell, Jerry A. 1992. Interrelationships of yuccas and yucca moths. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 7(1): 10-15.

Further Reading:

Dawkins, Richard, 1996. Climbing Mount Improbable. New York: W.W. Norton, chpts. 8 and 10.
    Pellmyr, O., J. N. Thompson, J. M. Brown and R. G. Harrison, 1996. Evolution of pollination and mutualism in the yucca moth lineage. The American Naturalist 148(5): 827-847. (technical)

Your material is written to sound "sciency" to non-scientists and reasonable to the ignorant. It is also not new.

Again, I have to ask, do you really care what the truth is?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    you do it manually or you have a bot detecting the word evolution and automatically posting a "we came from a fish " ?
    Creation. We came from an angry white man. LOL

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I love how atheists cry about religion keeping the world down and being intolerant when they do the same thing to theists on a daily basis. lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Sorry but you have no clue. Mark, the oldest gospel, was written about 50 years after the fact, and the author is in fact anonymous. The other three gospels share a source (Q source) and are also written by anonymous authors. Interestingly enough.... the gospel of Peter is believed to be actually written by him, but was not included in the canon. Dude said some nasty crap.... looks like it didn't fit the plan.
    It's said that the writers had access to the apostles, but there was no reason to write it before the persecution of the first martyr. That's why it was 50 years later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    http://www.ucg.org/science/prove-evo...without-bible/

S for Symbiosis

You could at least give links for this stuff.

This has a very simple answer in evolutionary theory.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB630.html

Your material is written to sound "sciency" to non-scientists and reasonable to the ignorant. It is also not new.

Again, I have to ask, do you really care what the truth is?
    truth? we came from a fish?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only thing I'm defending is the idea that I don't have to create something to explain what I don't know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    bull , and one of the many questions asked by scientist is if life is out there, but what is life? the only thing we know of life is earth life, so to say that believing in a creator is stupid is just ignorant.
    Off topic......... creator/s =/= bible god. Get a clue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    The only thing I'm defending is the idea that I don't have to create something to explain what I don't know.
    You mean like the big bang theory?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You mean like the big bang theory?
    I never mentioned the big bang theory, yet this is the 2nd time you've assigned that claim to me. Why is that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Off topic......... creator/s =/= bible god. Get a clue.
    clue about what?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Who here observed evolution? Show of hands please.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    SHUT THE UP YOU IDIOT.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just a heads up, you guys do realize that the people who wrote the New Testament actually met Jesus and followed his beliefs, right? It's not like we are saying "OH MUH GAWD GAWD WR0TE DA BOOK"
    Actually most biblical scholars believe that the new testament was written about 70 years after the death of Jesus.

The people with the most reason to push it back call it at least two generations after his death:

http://www.biblestudy.org/beginner/w...t-written.html

With at least 70 years for the first book being most commonly accepted:
    http://www.bethinking.org/bible/the-...-new-testament

Saul of Tarsus was the earliest account, but oddly, gave only 3 actual events that were later written about the life of Christ, and he never even attributed them to earthly events, and wrote about them as if they happened in the heavens.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    SHUT THE UP YOU IDIOT.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    #Jesus

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here you go, buddy. I've read the bible. You can read this.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolib...ptions_faq.php

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Actually most biblical scholars believe that the new testament was written about 70 years after the death of Jesus.

The people with the most reason to push it back call it at least two generations after his death:

http://www.biblestudy.org/beginner/w...t-written.html

With at least 70 years for the first book being most commonly accepted:
    http://www.bethinking.org/bible/the-...-new-testament

Saul of Tarsus was the earliest account, but oddly, gave only 3 actual events that were later written about the life of Christ, and he never even attributed them to earthly events, and wrote about them as if they happened in the heavens.
    That doesn't really change or impact my statement.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ion%20examples

The evidence is there for you to find it, if you cared to do so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Here you go, buddy. I've read the bible. You can read this.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolib...ptions_faq.php
    Already read that a long time ago. I'm asking if anyone here observed it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That doesn't really change or impact my statement.
    Other than the people who study it directly contradict it, sure. State what you believe, but if you can't provide some links to evidence, then it is obvious how seriously anyone should take your statements.

Do you have some link to such evidence?

Thread Information