Page 72 of 280 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 6986
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so you asked somebody to explain spiders without a link, and yet here you are using a link to explain dogs. kudos
    Why it explained the dog it doesn't tell us how we came up with all the different kinds of dogs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    robdiaz to further illustrate, look at how the model of the atom has changed so drastically over time...

1. this was John Dalton's model of the atom (basically the same as what Democritus had proposed years ago). it was just considered to be a small, indivisible unit. that's all they knew about it.

2. Through experimentation, JJ Watson "discovered" the electron. he didn't actually see them (we still to this day can't really see electrons) but he knew they existed. he proposed this model which at the time was the best theory and was thus accepted. he basically said there were a few tangible electrons, and just a "soup" of positive charge to make the whole unit neutral.

3. Ernest Rutherford in his famous gold foil experiment was able to demonstrate that the positive charge of an atom was highly concentrated into a center nucleus. This was the first time anybody proposed the idea of a nucleus. So he used Thompson's model and adapted it to incorporate a nucleus.

4. the next big stepping Neils Bohr's model, who by studying emitted photons determined that electrons orbit at varying levels on energy/distance from the nucleus, instead of just a seemingly random swirl like the previous model.

and even this has changed where rather than electrons occupying simple orbitals, its more of an electron cloud at which point an electron can occupy any space of that "cloud."

tl;dr... scientific theory is completely based on evidence, and with introduction of new evidence, the accepted theory will change. speciation and evolution are currently the best working theory we have that explains the diversity of life on earth, and is a result of many pieces of evidence left behind.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why do you constsntly do that? Dude, stop acting like nobody knows all that stuff, ok?

Sheesh~~~~~~~~~~
    you keep saying "everybody knows this stuff" and then every post you vomit out demonstrates the exact opposite

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you keep saying "everybody knows this stuff" and then every post you vomit out demonstrates the exact opposite
    Dude, it takes an essay to really delve into this and you know it. I'm not into that. We all know about evoution and the big bang and all that stuff, come on guy.

I don't know about you shorty.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why it explained the dog it doesn't tell us how we came up with all the different kinds of dogs.
    how did we get from this...

to all these different things?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    and all this in a span of a maximum estimate of about 32,000 years!

imagine if those differences doubled. tripled. multiplied TENFOLD. what about 100 fold. how different would they get?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm not going to read all that. I understand the logic behind it. Sort of. I still don't see how it leads to it all happening randomly though. I could take the iphone and a analyze/study it for 20+ years and all it would do is lead me to a creator.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    how did we get from this...

to all these different things?

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/dog2.htm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    so you are going to spam links that you haven't even read instead of answering the questions or accepting that you don't know.

ok, then i'm done here

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so you are going to spam links that you haven't even read instead of answering the questions or accepting that you don't know.

ok, then i'm done here
    Little man, all it takes is a few minutes of reading to know anything, ok? Stop acting stupid, alright?

Talk to me about that 1965 Southen U track team with all those great sprinters. Right now ya can't, but inside 10 minutes you'd know all about it.

So cool all this ridiculous "you don't know"...ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i dont know about sprinting. unlike you i'm not going to pretend i know about it and spam links i've never read

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i dont know about sprinting. unlike you i'm not going to pretend i know about it and spam links i've never read
    You aren't getting it as usual.

Who gives a damn about where the dog came from? BUT....if I ever did need to know it would take me a mere seconds to find out. You getting it now? I have never thought about where did dogs come from, ya see......like you and sprinting, I don't care.

I know nothing at all about the ballet. But by this time tiomorrow I'd know all there is to know about it, see how it works?

You try to tell us that we either already know or could find in a ..zoom! You're boring little fella, ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    so you understand where dogs came from. so you can see how in a short timespan (well short relative to how long life has been around) we have seen wolves change into all these VERY different variants of dogs that we now have. now imagine those changes doubled. how different they would be. imagine it doubled again. and again. and again. and so on and so forth. it will become clearer to you where this is going

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so you understand where dogs came from. so you can see how in a short timespan (well short relative to how long life has been around) we have seen wolves change into all these VERY different variants of dogs that we now have. now imagine those changes doubled. how different they would be. imagine it doubled again. and again. and again. and so on and so forth. it will become clearer to you where this is going
    So you are trying to tell me that all that doubling will give us the St Bernard and the poodle.....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! The sad thing is you really believe that.

Don't just say.....the wolf changed....ok? What do you mean the wolf changed? Why did he change? What reason did the wolf need to do anything? Well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So you are trying to tell me that all that doubling will give us the St Bernard and the poodle.....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! The sad thing is you really believe that.

Don't just say.....the wolf changed....ok? What do you mean the wolf changed? Why did he change? What reason did the wolf need to do anything? Well?
    no pinhead. we already have the St. Bernard and the poodle. those changes have already occurred. imagine we double the time period. how much more they'll change. how much more different they'll appear.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    spurraider21 brings up a good point.

And it's something that is part of debating Ebolution.

It's called "micro" Evolution where you can get different "variations" of the same speices.

That part of Evolution is a fact and is the reason Darwin wrote his book orgin of speices when he found many different Birds on an island that showed to evolved in order to survive ,no intelligent person on this subject would never admit living creatures don't "Evoluve" where the the problem came about is when Darwin and Science used "micro" evolution to get thier foot in the door and introduced "macro" Evolution that claims one species Evoloves into another.

You don't get an elephant from a Dog or a hippo from a cat.

But with "micro" evolution you can get a horse zebra donkey from the same speices that is were much of the unwarranted disagreement Evolves from.
    Last edited by mouse; 10-04-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    no pinhead. we already have the St. Bernard and the poodle. those changes have already occurred. imagine we double the time period. how much more they'll change. how much more different they'll appear.
    I'll try again, you can do this pinhead.

Why this need to make changes at all? Well?

If the wolf came before the dog what was the first non wolf dog? And why did it need to change?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'll try again, you can do this pinhead.

Why this need to make changes at all? Well?

If the wolf came bfore the dog what was the first non wolf dog?
    as i've said many times, there is no sudden leap.

it doesnt go: wolf-wolf-wolf-wolf-wolf-wolf-and suddenly DOG-dog-dog-dog

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    this is why i keep saying you lack understanding on the topic. it's like discussing special effects of movies with a blind man

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    as i've said many times, there is no sudden leap.

it doesnt go: wolf-wolf-wolf-wolf-wolf-wolf-and suddenly DOG-dog-dog-dog
    So where are all those different stages of evolution going from one stage to the other giving us the dog? And what was the first full dog?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this is why i keep saying you lack understanding on the topic. it's like discussing special effects of movies with a blind man
    What it is is that I know enought to know it's all shot to . It's a stupid theory with all kinds of huge holes in it and you know this.

There stands the wolf, ok why does it change at all? Come on tell me, why does it need to change at all, well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Wait, is the new thing in this thread that we didn't actively create the various breeds of dogs? Human selection an incredibly simple concept to understand unless you don't believe in genetics.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    What it is is that I know enought to know it's all shot to . It's a stupid theory with all kinds of huge holes in it and you know this.

There stands the wolf, ok why does it change at all? Come on tell me, why does it need to change at all, well?
    why do you need to have an appendix?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Wait, is the new thing in this thread that we didn't actively create the various breeds of dogs? Human selection an incredibly simple concept to understand unless you don't believe in genetics.
    apparently

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why do you need to have an appendix?
    At some point in the evolution process we finally did go from wolf to dog, ok man, what breed of actual dog was the first?

Thread Information