Page 77 of 280 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6986
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Origin of the Universe was planned. You think God's can't have hobby's? This Universe is only one of many in space what make you think your special?
    if you (rightfully) think that there needs to be proof behind the big bang, why don't you think there needs to be proof of god?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    [b]The Origin of the Universe was planned.
    By whom?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    the one's holding the blueprints. how else can you design something?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    So who is that?

silverblk mystix

^

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Oh !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Forgive the TRolls webmaster.....they knew what they posted..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dumb is thinking we got DNA as complex as that is from a.....BIG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you really this stupid?
    The big bang didn't do anything to form DNA. You are mixing and matching theories. Evolution is not a theory of abiogenesis, but is what happened afterwards.

Mutation is fully capable of adding complexity.

Polyploidy is an excellent example of that.

Consider one small stretch of DNA, with the genes for enzymes A, B, and C.

Looks like this
    A
    B
    C

You get a duplication error and one of the genes gets copied twice, in this case, C

A
    B
    C
    C

Normally, this simply instructs the creatures cells to make more of enzyme C. Assuming this isn't fatal, you get another generation, but this time you have a replication error, where the last C enzyme gene is corrupted, but ends up coding for enzyme D.

That gives you:
    A
    B
    C
    D

The descendant organism is now more complex than the previous ones.

This is just ONE example of how mutation can add entirely new features, or, far more often, simply modify the expression of existing ones.

That is how you end up with things like atavisms, which are fully inconsistant with intelligent design. Unless of course, you believe in the flying spaghetti monster, who deliberately made things LOOK like they evolved, and is trying to actively trick us for some unknown reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atavism

These are just the wikipedia entries for these things. If you cared what the truth and evidence actually was, you would spend some time reading basic college courses on the subject.

Evolution 101 here at Berkeley

Or listen to a series of podcasts

or even watch one of the instructional type videos on youtube:

The fact that you haven't either means you are lazy or don't care about what the truth actually is, although I suppose both could be true.

The fact that you can't even state what the theory is correctly, and add in things outside the theory, such as the Big Bang, says pretty conclusively that you don't even understand what you are dismissing.

That to me is stupid.

silverblk mystix

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    About time you gave me my props!

You go mister man.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The big bang didn't do anything to form DNA. You are mixing and matching theories. Evolution is not a theory of abiogenesis, but is what happened afterwards
    he's looking at it from a literal christian point of view. he sees the entirety of genesis/creation as 1 big theory. creation of the universe, the earth, life, and life as we have it now.

so naturally, he sees that any theory to the alternative would completely supplant that holistic view, and thus combines them. basically to him there are 2 theories: christian, and everything else

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But they lose mass they burn out eventually nothing burns forever, they have what many call a limited life span who cares if its 15,000 years or 100,000 years they should not still be around in a "12 Billion" year old solar system what part of that do the limited minds not get?
    That might be the case if we weren't in a cloud of debris that was circling around the center of our gravity.

The sun actually "bobs" up and down as it revolves around the center of the galaxy with the other stars in our cluster.

This constant motion gently nudges and pulls things out of a very large space, constantly putting new items in long slow orbits of our star.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    That might be the case if we weren't in a cloud of debris that was circling around the center of our gravity.

The sun actually "bobs" up and down as it revolves around the center of the galaxy with the other stars in our cluster.

This constant motion gently nudges and pulls things out of a very large space, constantly putting new items in long slow orbits of our star.

The mere fact you posted that pic will haunt you as I will present evidence your wrong and your just being paid to suppress.the truth

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the earth's core is cooling, tectonic plates are in constant motion, the earth rebounding up from being compressed by glaciers, the earth is ANYTHING but static.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    the earth's core is cooling, tectonic plates are in constant motion, the earth rebounding up from being compressed by glaciers, the earth is ANYTHING but static.
    how long would it take a huge fire to cool down?

Science claims 2 Billion years .

that had to be the hottest thing ever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    [b]how long would it take a huge fire to cool down?

Science claims 2 Billion years .

that had to be the hottest thing ever.[b]
    So how long do you say it will take for the earth's core to cool, given that it has been hot your entire life and for the lives of everyone before you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    he's looking at it from a literal christian point of view. he sees the entirety of genesis/creation as 1 big theory. creation of the universe, the earth, life, and life as we have it now.

so naturally, he sees that any theory to the alternative would completely supplant that holistic view, and thus combines them. basically to him there are 2 theories: christian, and everything else
    I know. Which is why I am correcting his mistakes. The only way to get at the truth is to get at what is accurate and observed.

Because the evidence so strongly supports evolution, the people who want to push the kinds of supernatural explanations that such holy books talk about, MUST lie about it, and distort what it says.

If they were honest about it, and understood it, they and their worldview would stand no chance, which is why they are so actively dishonest.

Also remember, that Avante has been lied TO. He and Rob have been actively given false information, and really bad arguments.

Once you realize that it isn't entirely his fault, it is easier to be patient about such things. He is simply shackled by his own ignorance, and that is easily changed.

The shackles of course, are invisible, but I am simply trying to point out that they exist, and that he is holding the key.

All he has to do is learn a little. The evidence, the REAL evidence, speaks for itself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    he's too old and stubborn, plus he's been shown to be a pathological liar on this board

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You are also forgetting the large thing moving around our planet that pulls every single atom in our planet to some small degree. That creates a LOT of friction.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    he's too old and stubborn, plus he's been shown to be a pathological liar on this board
    That's fine.

I still win by being reasonable, and knowledgable.

Even if I don't change his mind, I will occasionally snag a casual reader who can see who is being reasonable and who isn't.

I win either way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Comets aside..........you guys have no answer for the earths rotation. It's not a big secret the earth slows down every year that is why we have to adjust our watches and calenders that is why you sometimes see a "leap year" it's a way for us to adjust our measure of time.

But what many limited thinkers in here fail to realize is, if the earth is really 4.6 Billion years old like the text books say then by going back just 1 Million years ago and add the rotation speed the earth once had 1 million years ago it would cause it to spin so fast nothing could survive, gravity could not keep the earth from unraveling like a spool of yard. dose anyone see the irony?
    some may even call it inertia

Another "same in the past" flawed assumption.

The rate of slowing down has not been constant.

Creationist claim #CE011
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CE/CE011.html

Debunked, and rejected.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Psssst!

2001 tweeted...they want they're lame excuse back

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Psssst!

2001 tweeted...they want they're lame excuse back

1991 paged.

I called them back and they said they wanted their lame fallacy back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've never seen anyone who is an obvious idiot talk so much about smarts. It's ing funny.

Dude, get out of under me/us and do something yourself, ok ya dumb ?
    What are you doing that so great, btw?

Thread Information