Page 80 of 280 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6986
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not the dummy who thinks...BANG~~~~~....DNA, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Dude, "you" taking about intelligence, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm not the dummy who thinks...BANG~~~~~....DNA, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Dude, "you" taking about intelligence, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    so you think people just... made it up? for no reason, with no evidence? they just decided "hmm, big bang sounds cool. lets run with it!"

your problem is that you are (admittedly) uneducated on the topic, so you really have no room to discuss it. it would be the equivalent of me telling you about how stupid your views on the blues are

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I can't understand any of it, so it can't make sense to anyone!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's simple...I'm a christian. I believe God created man.......Ooooh Boy...here it comes now. But that doesn't mean that evolution isn't possible. I just believe man was created by God. Now a Galapagos tortoise is another deal altogether.

BTW...why do I venture this far downstairs. I'm terrified of all you The Club/Political Forum people.
    So the being who created the universe needed to borrow a rib from Adam for the second woman? This makes sense to you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know. Which is why I am correcting his mistakes. The only way to get at the truth is to get at what is accurate and observed.

Because the evidence so strongly supports evolution, the people who want to push the kinds of supernatural explanations that such holy books talk about, MUST lie about it, and distort what it says.[emphasis post-edit mine-RG]

If they were honest about it, and understood it, they and their worldview would stand no chance, which is why they are so actively dishonest.

Also remember, that Avante has been lied TO. He and Rob have been actively given false information, and really bad arguments.

Once you realize that it isn't entirely his fault, it is easier to be patient about such things. He is simply shackled by his own ignorance, and that is easily changed.

The shackles of course, are invisible, but I am simply trying to point out that they exist, and that he is holding the key.

All he has to do is learn a little. The evidence, the REAL evidence, speaks for itself.

So all those who believe some God created all this are 100% wrong and you know what really happened.....right?

Google......Evolution is a farce......or ...fake...or bogus...and you will find tons and tons of this sort of thing....why?

http://scienceagainstevolution.info/v13i8f.htm
    Thank you.

The link is a case in point, and exactly the kind of thing I was talking about. My brief run through of the electrical engineer critiquing the biological sciences counted 12 factual mistakes, and two logical fallacies before I stopped trying to identify them all.

Coyne so easily goes from “guess” to “know.” Even if the fossil record showed that a particular reptile died before a particular bird, it doesn’t prove that the bird is a biological descendant of the reptile. It is an indisputable fact that Big Brown (the horse that won the 2008 Kentucky Derby) died in 2008, and President George Washington died in 1799. Does that prove that Big Brown was a biological descendant of George Washington? Of course not!
    This is what is known as a strawman logical fallacy. Coyne would say nothing of the sort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer your question:
    Evolution is a farce......or ...fake...or bogus...and you will find tons and tons of this sort of thing....why?
    Because it gives gullible, lazy people quick links to post on message boards to make it seem like evolution is flawed. The only thing it really does though, is shows how completely ignorant creationists actually are about the evidence and theories.

Do you think it was a good critique of Coyne's book?

Anyone intelligent is not going to buy....BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....then perfection. Way too many things having to work together to pull this off, noway in it happened because of.....BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Put the arth 5000 miles further away from the sun, no what? Dirt with no nutrients in it....now what? The rotation of the earth, what if it didn't rotate? So a....BANG!!!!!!!!!....caused that rotation, how?
    Not really an answer to my question. Just restating something already addressed.

Do you think that you posted a good critique of Coyne's book?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But back to my initial point...Where are all the fossils at? Have you ever researched this topic???....it's got some pretty interesting explanations. Well I find most/all of them bizarre...but again that's just me.
    I believe you are talking about MRCA (Most Recent Common Ancestor between apes and humanoides).

Problem here is definition of what is a MRCA, answer is not simply find a fossil and prove that's the common ancestor.

Here a link of jornal of anatomy that explain difficulties of definition of MRCA. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2409098/

The issue is not the lack of fossils, issue is how determine if the fossil is in fact THE common ancestor. But then it is not over next road block is to understand when... Scientists are using a lot of math to determine age of the common ancestor based on gene evolution for instance but you will never find an exact timing... 7M ? 8 M ?

To make it simple, by definition finding a common ancestor is trying to find a picture, a T moment when process of evolution does not stop and is very slow and to make it harder common ancestor live with his descendants. There is no... "hey now a child became comon ancestor and his descendants will be apes or humanoides"

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So there were just gases and rocks floating around out there, hmmmm? Then all of a sudden....BIG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!...hmmm? Does anyone think at all? No way in something that chaotic could be the origins of all this. Only a total idiot wouldn't see that.

The Earth turns, how in the did that come about?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    So there were just gases and rocks floating around out there, hmmmm? Then all of a sudden....BIG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!...hmmm? Does anyone think at all? No way in something that chaotic could be the origins of all this. Only a total idiot wouldn't see that.

Momentum and gravity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    So the being who created the universe needed to borrow a rib from Adam for the second woman? This makes sense to you?
    It's called faith...some choose to have it...some don't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    he's asking if it makes sense to you. if you believe in something that doesn't make sense, its still faith so it will still fit within your paradigm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    you ask middle school level science questions

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you ask middle school level science questions
    I must have been sick that day.

So how did a...BIG BANG!!!!!!!!...result in an earth just hanging there the perfect distance from the sun, rotating at the perfect speed.

Well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I must have been sick that day.

So how did a...BIG BANG!!!!!!!!...result in an earth just hanging there the perfect distance from the sun, rotating at the perfect speed.

Well?
    Considering the sheer size of the universe, it was bound to happen somewhere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    he's asking if it makes sense to you. if you believe in something that doesn't make sense, its still faith so it will still fit within your paradigm
    Yes...it makes sense to me. An omnipotent being such as God would be capable of creating whatever he wants out of whatever he wants. Noah lived to the age of 500 and I belive the oldest man in the bible lived to be 969 years old. Is it strange...certainly. But could an all-powerful en y such as God be capable of such things....of course.

Listen...obviously you guys don't agree with what I believe...and that's just fine with me. I choose to believe in a higher power...and most people believe (at least on this thread) that all life evolved from a single cell organism. Well....who created this first single cell organism? So out of the "Big Bang" (in the vacuum of space)...a single cell organism was created? To me...that sounds just as crazy as you think God taking Adam's rib is.

Bottom line...things in the universe work together too perfectly (amidst all the surrounding chaos). I choose to believe a higher power is responsible...and nobody on this Earth will ever convince me otherwise. Call me stubborn if you must...I don't care.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have come to view faith as an excuse for believing in something without a good reason to.

My take on it is that if there was some creator of the universe that gave a flying about me worshipping it, it would make it a lot more clear that 1) it exists, and 2) why it needed to be worshipped, and how.

Trust I can do, if it is earned to some extent, but not faith.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    I have come to view faith as an excuse for believing in something without a good reason to.

My take on it is that if there was some creator of the universe that gave a flying about me worshipping it, it would make it a lot more clear that 1) it exists, and 2) why it needed to be worshipped, and how.

Trust I can do, if it is earned to some extent, but not faith.
    Well don't believe it if you don't want to....but don't try to make me feel inferior to you or say things like "view faith as an excuse for believing in something without a good reason to" like I'm some sort of uneducated person who doesn't understand anything.

I choose to believe in God....you don't. We're never going to convice each other that our own opinions are correct. I just gave my two cents...take them however you want to. But don't say that I don't have a good reason....that's just insulting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well don't believe it if you don't want to....but don't try to make me feel inferior to you or say things like "view faith as an excuse for believing in something without a good reason to" like I'm some sort of uneducated person who doesn't understand anything.

I choose to believe in God....you don't. We're never going to convice each other that our own opinions are correct. I just gave my two cents...take them however you want to. But don't say that I don't have a good reason....that's just insulting.
    nobody is having an issue with people who have faith tbh

arguments made here to support this faith are sometimes dumb (not talking about you but in general)... why using stuff like a second grader would understand as argument... damn world is too perfect to not have been created by a god ? wtf ? what's definition of perfection ? there is no perfection just scientific laws. Probability and numbers explain how it is possible to have an earth at perfect distance of the sun. Also life can exist on extreme conditions, earth is not the only place where life can exist. The degree of complexity of humans does not make this condition perfect.

Why a bacteria on a comet would be less perfect than an humanoide ? bacteria is just less complex.

So stuff like showing a pic of an ipad saying how this can be from a big bang ? really ? that's your proof of god existence ? Take your starting point where you want, god created the conditions for a big ban happened, why not ? but adam and eve ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Well, we could certainly quibble over what cons utes a "good reason".

I would not want to imply you were uneducated, just that I probably don't find your reasoning very good, because I have seen just about all the reasoning that can be offered in support of the God idea, and none of it holds water.

The big problem I have with faith, is that is makes some people reject valid science, and flat out make things up about reality.

I am always open to hearing a good reason, if you want to present what you think is one, but be ready to be told why it is logically flawed.

Lastly:
    You seem decent and respectable, so I try to give what I get, I didn't mean to be insulting. It is hard though, to make arguments against what one thinks are silly ideas without stepping on some toes, I have come to realize that is unavoidable. My take is that if you have a belief system that can't withstand a challenge, you should seriously wonder why that is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Listen guys....you guys are asking me for proof when there is clearly none that I can offer. I mean....I can't pull out my cellphone and videotape God at my house. Just like I can't go back in time and confirm the existance of a big bang. It just doesn't work like that.

I've believed in God for over 20 years now....and I'll continue to believe in God for another 20 years at least.

Now...I'm going back upstairs. This thread is waaaay to complex for the likes of me. It's a lot easier to talk about how bad the Lakers suck imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Listen guys....you guys are asking me for proof when there is clearly none that I can offer. I mean....I can't pull out my cellphone and videotape God at my house. Just like I can't go back in time and confirm the existance of a big bang. It just doesn't work like that.

I've believed in God for over 20 years now....and I'll continue to believe in God for another 20 years at least.

Now...I'm going back upstairs. This thread is waaaay to complex for the likes of me. It's a lot easier to talk about how bad the Lakers suck imo.
    you asked a simple question I tried to answer tbh

hope it helped

cya in the lakers suck threads

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who can give me a reason why having no God, no faith in anything is the way to go? Life without a God in it is better because.........

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    you asked a simple question I tried to answer tbh

hope it helped

cya in the lakers suck threads
    Got no problems with the likes of you Brazil, spuraider21, or RandomGuy. And you're right...I did ask the question. And I appreciate your feedback. We just choose to believe in different things...and that's o.k.

But threads like this to me have no winners or losers....one side of the arguement cannot be either proven or disproven. Again, as long as we can all agree that the Lakers suck...you'll continue to be an internet "friend" of mine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who can give me a reason why having no God, no faith in anything is the way to go? Life without a God in it is better because.........
    Again a dumb question...

life with it is better because.... ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Got no problems with the likes of you Brazil, spuraider21, or RandomGuy. And you're right...I did ask the question. And I appreciate your feedback. We just choose to believe in different things...and that's o.k.But threads like this to me have no winners or losers....one side of the arguement cannot be either proven or disproven. Again, as long as we can all agree that the Lakers suck...you'll continue to be an internet "friend" of mine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Any answer will just get a barrage of anecdotes from you, but you never really professed any actual faith yourself -- so who cares?

Thread Information