Page 95 of 280 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 6986
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Nobody has ever proven anything about this, yep...theories. Most people on earth and who have lived on the planet believed in some God, religious beliefs being huge. Look at our money.....In God We Trust. It's....One Nation Under God. It's.....So Help Me God. While I don't buy the God of the Bible I do buy something/someone was responsibe as oppossed to.....BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way too many complexities to have a.....BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....as the explanation.

It is funny watching how hard some try to sell what they believe especially since noboody is buying it.
    You've already been showed evidence of people's buying it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    newton's laws of gravity only apply to small masses, and fail when you get to stars and massive objects, so dont take the "laws of gravity" so literally

do you know what the difference is between a scientific law and scientific theory?
    I'm high as but I think you have that backwards. The science breaks down when you have small but highly massive particles. Like black holes and .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm high as but I think you have that backwards. The science breaks down when you have small but highly massive particles. Like black holes and .
    it fails at both the molecular level as well, but also for massive objects. when they applied newton's law of gravity to measure Mercury's orbit around the sun, it kept getting incorrect results... so much so that scientists (trying to make newton's laws work) postulated that there was a planet in our solar system we hadn't discovered yet, in between mercury and the sun, who's gravitational pull was changing mercury's orbit. einstein's improvements on newtons laws through the theory of relativity was able to account for mercury's orbit without needing to "invent" a new planet. when something was too close to an object too massive (as mercury was to the sun), newton's laws fail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_...etical_planet)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    newton's laws actually are the reason we discovered neptune as soon as we did, with the same reasoning. before we discovered neptune, scientists using newton's laws realized that uranus had an odd orbit, and they guessed there was another nearby source of gravity that was affecting it. with some ridiculously complicated reverse calculations, they were able to "track" this proposed source of gravity and knew exactly where/when to look with powerful telescopes... and vuala... they spotted neptune, a new planet

but going back to the first example, we saw his laws fail when dealing with a planet too close to the sun

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The physics between super large and super small masses is what leads to ty math. Because, a super large object obeys Newton's laws, but a super small object obeys quantum mechanics. The math gets ugly when super large objects collapse upon themselves to form super small objects; ie, black holes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    or you can read what i just wrote which gave a great example of how newtons laws fail with super large objects

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    My entire point....It's called the "Big Bang Theory"....not the Big Bang Law.

Until it's called "Big Bang fact" how about keeping it the Science fiction section of the school textbooks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    Until it's called "Big Bang fact" how about keeping it the Science fiction section of the school textbooks.
    Aye, just like creationism.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Aye, just like creationism.
    I don't support creation ,the bible,or Evolution please make a note of it since you can't seem to remember. (or choose not to)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don't support creation ,the bible,or Evolution please make a note of it since you can't seem to remember. (or choose not to)
    what is the difference between alternative design and intelligent design?

and how is your view any different than creationism since you dont believe in evolution?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    what is the difference between alternative design and intelligent design?
    Intelligent Design supports the theory of a designer.

Alternative Design supports the facts that complicated DNA codes and mathematical patterns found in the universe are not random.

Any theory that that doesn't support Creation or Evolution is an Alternative.

It gives intelligent humans a different way to think outside the box and not have only believe is a bearded man in the sky or two dogs having sex to explain their existence.
    Last edited by mouse; 10-27-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Intelligent Design supports the theory of a designer.

Alternative Design supports the facts that complicated DNA codes and mathematical patterns found in the universe are not random.
    why use the word Design if there is no claim for a designer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    why use the word Design if there is no claim for a designer?
    Because a designer often is called a creator and that leads to people calling you a creationist.

And was the result on it being removed from the classroom.

A semi intelligent human that lives on an island and knows nothing about Darwin or the bible knows enough to see designs all around him.

Why should that person have to buy into the bull others believe in?
    Last edited by mouse; 10-27-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Because a designer often is called a creator and that leads to people calling you a creationist.

And was the result on it being removed from the class room.
    ok so regardless of the creator/designer label, alternative design does call for a designer. i still fail to see how that's different than intelligent design

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    ok so regardless of the creator/designer label, alternative design does call for a designer.
    says who?

i still fail to see how that's different than intelligent design

I knew you would probably not get it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    so you call it alternative design, yet you don't assume the existence of a designer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    so you call it alternative design, yet you don't assume the existence of a designer?

Is it difficult comprehend?

Besides Evolutionist don't claim a designer but admit the complexity of DNA the solar system. They just try not to talk about.

Just like the golden ratio PHI RATIO 1.618

Last edited by mouse; 10-27-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You claim to be educated and have knowledge in math and you never bring up numbers that prove a pattern or design why?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is it difficult comprehend?
    actually, yes. if you aren't claiming a designer or creator of any sort, how did the species of earth all come to be, without evolution? how did the animals get here if not for a designer and if not for evolution...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    It doesn't matter AD supporters really don't care. Only the insecure misinformed individuals need some sort of reason or explanation how and why they are here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    How can you say "it doesn't matter"

you clearly don't buy into evolution. When I ask your opinion you just say "AD." When I ask what AD claims on the issue, you say it doesn't matter.

Please. If you aren't claiming a designer, then alternative design is horrible wording

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Your en led to your opionions .

Like I said earlier only a select few can.
    grasp the true meaning.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah ur just running in circles. You claim design without a designer

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    [redacted for brevity, not central to ultimate point-RG]

Because the evidence so strongly supports evolution, the people who want to push the kinds of supernatural explanations that such holy books talk about, MUST lie about it, and distort what it says.[emphasis post-edit mine-RG]

If they were honest about it, and understood it, they and their worldview would stand no chance, which is why they are so actively dishonest.
    [redacted for brevity]
    So all those who believe some God created all this are 100% wrong and you know what really happened.....right?

Google......Evolution is a farce......or ...fake...or bogus...and you will find tons and tons of this sort of thing....why?

http://scienceagainstevolution.info/v13i8f.htm
    Thank you.

The link is a case in point, and exactly the kind of thing I was talking about. My brief run through of the electrical engineer critiquing the biological sciences counted 12 factual mistakes, and two logical fallacies before I stopped trying to identify them all. [listed one example]

To answer your question:
    Evolution is a farce......or ...fake...or bogus...and you will find tons and tons of this sort of thing....why?
    Because it gives gullible, lazy people quick links to post on message boards to make it seem like evolution is flawed. The only thing it really does though, is shows how completely ignorant creationists actually are about the evidence and theories.

Do you think it was a good critique of Coyne's book?

[big bang theory is silly]
    Not really an answer to my question. Just restating something already addressed.

Do you think that you posted a good critique of Coyne's book?
    [many non-answers]

Again, I don't see it as a hard question.

You said it was easy to find. I was wondering how much time you spent reading it or spend any time evaluating whether it was a good source.

I will ask for a third time:

[restates previously addressed concepts and questions]

Again, not really an answer.
    For a forth time:

[semi-coherent response to other post]
    Again, still not an answer to my rather easy question.

It is almost as if you are purposefully ignoring it for some reason.

For a fifth time:

[big bang theory ].
    Such a simple question. You posted the link. I just wanted to know what you thought of it.

The only other guy who has a problem answering simple questions is the poor insane guy who thinks the moon landings were faked in a studio.

Maybe if I ask a sixth time.

[more bull non-answers].
    Can't even answer a simple question.

Its almost like you were ignoring it.

I wonder what that reason is.
    Maybe the seventh time is the charm.

Do you think you posted a good critique of Coyne's book?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 10-27-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A NEW RECORD 80 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I've had a lot of 20-40 page threads and a couple ove 60, never ....80!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to think all of you who made this monumental moment possible, you know who you are. So.....thank you

Thread Information