San Antonio Spurs
    Mouse is God.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    RandomGuy

Is there a God, not saying the God of the Bible, but some superior something responsible for all this? We'll go with...God....it's easier that way.

Well?
    there is no need to make that assumption, is all

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

"all of us you and I are Godz...........Godz...............Godz....."

3:17/7:42

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    I don't support creation ,the bible,or Evolution please make a note of it since you can't seem to remember. (or choose not to)
    You equivocate so its difficult to surmise exactly where on the board you are. I seriously doubt you know either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You equivocate so its difficult to surmise exactly where on the board you are. I seriously doubt you know either.
    Another reason AD is growing in popularity no one wants to be "labeled" anymore just to satisfy someones curiosity and that is something you seem to be seeking with your postings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    Another reason AD is growing in popularity no one wants to be "labeled" anymore just to satisfy someones curiosity and that is something you seem to be seeking with your postings.
    If that were indeed true one would expect that you'd be chomping at the bit to clarify your position. Instead, we get more of the same shenanigans. Carry on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    I said there "is a Design" not "it was Designed"
    Basically we're asking about said design. You've not answered with anything of substance.

Who/what was the causative agent in your paradigm? Was it a sky daddy? Sentient quarks? A quantum fart? An ethereal being with too much TNT and time on its hands? <Shrug>

Just asking.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    link that its growing in popularity

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pope Francis isn't a regular Pope. He's a cool Pope.

Case in point: the hero Catholicism needs questioned the veracity of creationism this week by publicly endorsing the legitimacy of science-based ideologies such as evolution and the Big Bang theory.

"When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said during an address delivered to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. “He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfilment.”

He further argued that the veracity of those theories did nothing to dispel Christian beliefs on the genesis of the universe, saying that both could exist harmoniously.

“The Big Bang, which today we hold to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator but, rather, requires it,” he continued. "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    there is no need to make that assumption, is all
    So why do so many others disagree with you on this? Talking in the billions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So why do so many others disagree with you on this? Talking in the billions.
    billions disagree with you as well. public opinion doesn't change anything though. for a long time everybody thought the earth was flat, or that the sun revolved around the earth

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    billions disagree with you as well. public opinion doesn't change anything though. for a long time everybody thought the earth was flat, or that the sun revolved around the earth
    I'm talking about today, how come so many "today" believe in some God?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm talking about today, how come so many "today" believe in some God?
    because they're fed it as absolute fact throughout their childhood and are pressured to maintain it. when someboy says "i'm atheist" its almost perceived as evil in the states

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    because they're fed it as absolute fact throughout their childhood and are pressured to maintain it. when someboy says "i'm atheist" its almost perceived as evil in the states
    So it has nothing to do with people simply feeling better about having faith in something beyond just this?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So it has nothing to do with people simply feeling better about having faith in something beyond just this?
    i've talked to you ad nauseam about the whole "makes people feel better thing"

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i've talked to you ad nauseam about the whole "makes people feel better thing"
    The bottom line is real simple, most people who have lived on this planet "needed" a God in their life. Religious beliefs ....HUGE!!!!!!!!!! So it's pretty obvious this..."there is no God"...doesn't work in any society or culture. Would we elect an atheist as our president, of course not. Is the head of any country an atheist?

This need to...."well what does science say about things"....appears to mean next to nothing, people want that God so they have one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The bottom line is real simple, most people who have lived on this planet "needed" a God in their life. Religious beliefs ....HUGE!!!!!!!!!! So it's pretty obvious this..."there is no God"...doesn't work in any society or culture. Would we elect an atheist as our president, of course not. Is the head of any country an atheist?

This need to...."well what does science say about things"....appears to mean next to nothing, people want that God so they have one.
    like i've said over and over again, that's all very fine and dandy, but it doesn't mean a whole lot

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    like i've said over and over again, that's all very fine and dandy, but it doesn't mean a whole lot
    I can see why you are like you are, tell an old woman or a young child that grandpa or that dog Rex aren't really going to heaven because.....their beliefs don't really mean a whole of a lot.

Dude, sheesh~!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I can see why you are like you are, tell an old woman or a young child that grandpa or that dog Rex aren't really going to heaven because.....their beliefs don't really mean a whole of a lot.

Dude, sheesh~!
    warm and fuzzy feelings, feeling better inside, all that good stuff... has nothing to do with my point

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    warm and fuzzy feelings, feeling better inside, all that good stuff... has nothing to do with my point
    Ok, getting back to those hard cold.....theories....hahahaha!!!!!!! Give me a room full of those who have some God in their life everyday of the week over a bunch of cold ...bah humbuggers...like you. I pity ya guy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Ok, getting aback to those hard cold.....theories....hahahaha!!!!!!! Give me a room full of of who have some God in their life everyday of the week over a bunch of cold ...bah humbuggers...like you. I pity ya guy.
    this is all irrelevant talk though, and has nothing to do with the topic

and this is all specific to the gods in the holy books... the god's that care about us and love us, not god in general

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this is all irrelevant talk though, and has nothing to do with the topic
    I'm the daddy of this thread slugger, I do what I want, besides you're boring. I'm noticing you have no sense of humor at all and are pretty robotic.

You....stick to topic, I need to stick to topic

like a ing robot, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm the daddy of this thread slugger, I do what I want, besides you're boring. I'm noticing you have no sense of humor at all and are pretty robotic.

You....stick to topic, I need to stick to topic

like a ing robot, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have a sense of humor, i didn't know it was that type of thread

we go from talking about evidence/proof to warm fuzzy feelings and thats where i lose interest

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i have a sense of humor, i didn't know it was that type of thread

we go from talking about evidence/proof to warm fuzzy feelings and thats where i lose interest
    How can you only stick to one aspect of this? Obviously......evidence/proof....hasn't made a dent. There are billions of people who totally ignore....evidence/proof. They go with what's in their heart. And.....nothing has "really" been proven anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There are billions of people who totally ignore....evidence/proof. They go with what's in their heart.
    i'm aware, that's what bothers me the most when it comes to these discussions

Thread Information