Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero Zero soccer games > 6 hour baseball games.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    this site. soccer and baseball are equally dull, and people keep fighting over them
    No, baseball is actually watchable.... povertyball is a ty "sport" for gots, as shown by the original post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down::::

Soccer > Life

Let us proceed.

Tee, hee.

Banned
    My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Boiled down::::

Soccer > Life
    Explains why third world country s kill each other over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explains why third world country s kill each other over it.
    Drugs are a crazy thing.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, baseball is actually watchable.... povertyball is a ty "sport" for gots, as shown by the original post

Banned
    My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Drugs are a crazy thing.
    Methheads in Oklahoma don't kill each other over college football games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Methheads in Oklahoma don't kill each other over college football games.
    Just wait for when Durbeta leaves for D.C., the death rate will rise dramatically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball is a boring as sport with way too long of a season where half the teams have literally nothing to play for after about 2/3 of the season. Look at the highlights on SC, attendance is ing terrible. It takes a backseat to NFL preseason for christ sake. Hockey and basketball are more popular in America right now than this sluggish, 8 hours a game, million games every season sport.

Soccer is pretty ing slow paced and boring too and most goals seem to he based on luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy with a newspaper

'America's favourite past-time'

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Guy with a newspaper

Sharts

Can't hold a 3-0 series lead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharts

Can't hold a 3-0 series lead
    I knew you wouldn't last the hour. I just knew it.

Sharks choking doesn't change the fact that Owen Nolan was a badass MOFO who if was playing now would break Dustin Brown's face

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball's pace is slower than football and doesn't have nearly the payoff. Late inning at bats are pretty tense but that's about it

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Baseball's pace is slower than football and doesn't have nearly the payoff. Late inning at bats are pretty tense but that's about it
    For someone who made a post laughing at the fact people argue on which is better and said both sports are equally dull, you sure seem to have a stick up for defending your soccer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For someone who made a post laughing at the fact people argue on which is better and said both sports are equally dull, you sure seem to have a stick up for defending your soccer.
    My soccer?

ill watch World Cup, euro cup, and some champions league. That's about it. It's also just a 2 hour program with less commercials. Easier to sit through

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you have to possess a plenitude of tactical knowledge in order to be successful in baseball, while you can be just an athletic nig with some very basic skills and still be successful in sports like soccer and basketball (like Agbonlahor and Walcot who have nothing but speed). In baseball you can't expect to get paid just for being a nig who can jump, run and fight imho, and that's also why it often takes longer time for a youngster to turn professional baseball player, for example, the average age of an MLB player is 27.2, versus 26 for NBA and 26.68 for NFL.
    In baseball it takes longer for youngsters to turn pro 'cause a professional baseball player can play 'till they are 50 because they don't have to do aside from standing around and try to hit the ball once of the 4 turns they get.

lol implying that dumb s like Sammy Sosa or Mark McGwire are some kind of tactical geniuses
    Last edited by DAF86; 08-20-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the soccer crap doing in the basketball forum again..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy with a newspaper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just personal preferences imho. Some people like myself prefer strategy games while others would think such games like Hearts of Iron boring as , it ain't even worth arguing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just personal preferences imho. Some people like myself prefer strategy games while others would think such games like Hearts of Iron boring as , it ain't even worth arguing tbh.
    You liking baseball is a personal preference. You trying to sell that baseball is a game of strategy is a ing joke. Baseball doesn't require any more strategy than any other sport, in fact I would argue that requires less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You liking baseball is a personal preference. You trying to sell that baseball is a game of strategy is a ing joke. Baseball doesn't require any more strategy than any other sport, in fact I would argue that requires less.
    Just because you hate baseball it doesn't mean you're privileged to deprive other people of the rights to like it tbh. It's not me that's peddling the game around, but it's you who's been doing your utmost to denigrate baseball as if you had lost big money in a baseball game bet. Just try playing some OOTP and you'll learn how much thought & strategy a baseball game involves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with baseball, tbh, I used to watch it during the steroid era..

However, I don't think it's arguable that baseball requires the least amount of athleticism or impressive physical attributes of any major sport..

There are only 2 or 3 positions in the sport that require any form of athleticism, tbh..there's even a ing DH position..

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the skill it requires to hit a baseball, and pitchers are some of the most skilled people in all of sports, but I always find it a little funny to refer to baseball players as "athletes"..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because you hate baseball it doesn't mean you're privileged to deprive other people of the rights to like it tbh.
    The ? I just said you can like whatever sport you want. Personal preferences are personal preferences, there's no arguing about that.

It's not me that's peddling the game around, but it's you who's been doing your utmost to denigrate baseball as if you had lost big money in a baseball game bet. Just try playing some OOTP and you'll learn how much thought & strategy a baseball game involves.
    You're the one saying that baseball involves more strategy than other sports, prove it. You accuse me of not playing baseball therefore not understanding all the strategy involved in it but you're the one acting all superior and saying that baseball isn't for everyone 'cause it involves more strategy than other sports, well let me ask you: how many sports have you played (on an organized way) to claim such thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry Bonds at his juicing peak was one of the 2 greatest non-pitchers in MLB history, and he could barely field or run bases at that point..

Babe Ruth is widely regarded as the greatest player of all-time, and this was fat, slow and out of shape, ate hot dogs and drank beer during games, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball can never be the sport that involves more strategy of all for the simple fact that is one of the least dinamic sports there is.

On offense you have a line-up of 9 batters and on defense you have a pitcher, a catcher, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, RF, CF and LF. 4 infielders and 3 outfielders, that's it, there's no way to change that.

On any other sport you can try different formations.

On basketball you can play with 1 point guard, 2 wings and 2 bigs or 1 point guard, 3 wings and 1 big or 2 point guards, 2 wings and 1 big, etc.
    On the NFL you can choose between 4-3 or 3-4 defensive fronts, play zone or man to man. On offense you can play with two, three, four or five wide receivers, etc.
    On football/soccer as I already said there are tens of different formations, besides there's a lot of different ways to play within those formations: you can play all out attack, all defensive, ball possesion, counterattacks, etc.

Baseball doesn't have anything close to that kind of tactical flexibility.

Thread Information