View Poll Results: Which Gives Up Before the End of the 2014-2015 NBA Regular Season?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Achilles

14 58.33%
  • ACL

9 37.50%
  • Neither

1 4.17%
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe's achilles or D-Rose's ACL, who gives up first this season? Will they both make it through the entire season?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good thread. Very insightful.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Rose makes it through the year. Kobe will give out first...either a knee his Achilles again. The pushing himself that made him a great player will again be his downfall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time believing Rose will make it. He relies heavily on his athleticism and I don't seem him not overdoing it at the rim a few times. Kobe, I can see him settling for 17' jump shots most of the time with an obligatory dunk when the coast is clear.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DMC is on the right track. On top of Kobe being smarter all the way around the franchises are in two very different spots. If what I've seen posted here is any indication the Bulls fan base is buying the hype. And odds are it's now or never with Lebron back in Ohio with a lot of talent around him. All that adds up to a franchise riding their star guard into ground this season.

Meanwhile the Lakers aren't projected to do much. And the real money to be made is on Kobe's farewell tour next season. They'll do whatever it takes to get him there in one piece. He's not going to be the #1 focus of defenses any more either so he'll be getting shots with less effort to boot.

I will go out on a limb and say that Rose actually plays in more games this year but he's the one that goes down with a season ender.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Rose. He didn't even play last night. Yeesh.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    He like a young guy with Wades body. I don't think Rose will last past his thirties already at this pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose hasn't played in years, there's no way he can miss another season... right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DRose and his monkeyballing are murderous for the legs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Some posters often gain a chromosome during the off season, I see DMC has as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Entirely different motivations.

Rose will be playing to win and get playoff seeding. Hence going to the rim hard, etc. Dangerous.

Kome is playing soley to get the all time scoring record. Will slack on D, take lower risk shots, avoid contact. Get marched to free throw line on Phantom of the Opera calls continued.

Kome Marketing will play more games. Wish Rose well but wow.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm playing the numbers, and taking 25 over 35.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose. He didn't even play last night. Yeesh.
    Bingo. He played one exhibition game with the USA team and needed treatment on his repaired knee after the game, then DNP'd the next.

Rose is never going to be the same. Seen this story too any times to believe the ending will be different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bet with my friend. I picked Kobe to last more than gangbanger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby's achilles will pop before christmas....book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe has been marked for retirement by the Spurs, he will join the likes of Battier & Fisher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DMC is on the right track. On top of Kobe being smarter all the way around the franchises are in two very different spots. If what I've seen posted here is any indication the Bulls fan base is buying the hype. And odds are it's now or never with Lebron back in Ohio with a lot of talent around him. All that adds up to a franchise riding their star guard into ground this season.

Meanwhile the Lakers aren't projected to do much. And the real money to be made is on Kobe's farewell tour next season. They'll do whatever it takes to get him there in one piece. He's not going to be the #1 focus of defenses any more either so he'll be getting shots with less effort to boot.

I will go out on a limb and say that Rose actually plays in more games this year but he's the one that goes down with a season ender.
    Excellent analysis, +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with the analysis in general, but not on the bolded part. Lakers roster is so bad that Kobe will still draw the best defender by default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACL by a mile imho

Like him or not, Bryant is a freak, he surely implanted tons of foetus everywhere and will be well prepared. Dude stays away from the rim for a long time now, he will chuck from mid range all season long and as usual will avoid any kind of effort on D.

I'd say Achilles play a 60 games and finish the season. Rose will come back after xmas and break a knee by march.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall who gave up first. I'm thinking it was Kirby. Not sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall who gave up first. I'm thinking it was Kirby. Not sure.
    Kirby tbh. He hung it up as soon as he had that scoring record over Jordan.

at 37% shooting

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread seriously read the future. Well done OP.

Thread Information