Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1522
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you post the URL for the results? That's a very low graphics score for that GPU, it should be around 19000 or so. Did you install the Nvidia drivers through Windows Update instead of from Nvidia? Or did you use the drivers on the disk? That's around the graphics score you would get from a heavily overclocked GTX 980, and the 1070 is worlds more powerful than the 980.
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13358363

Installed the lastest drivers, got very similar results to the first run.
    Graphics 15358
    physics 13410
    combined 5577

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh. Times up. Have to get to house-/car-/yardwork.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let windows update handle it. Ran it a couple of times more, and the subsequent scores came down to about 10,700

Don't have a functioning CD drive in the house.

Graphics Score
    14 883

Physics Score
    9 929

Combined Score
    3 656

(edit) Yeah, I know I need to use the drivers from the manufacturer. just wanted to get system up and running first. fine tuning will have to wait until next weekend. Don't have a lot of time to spend on it this weekend. Some old, dear friends are coming over this afternoon, and we need to finish cleaning the house to the wife's specs. As excited as I am, I am happier to see the old friends, who we haven't seen in years.

So, the bulk of the fine tuning, will frustratingly have to wait until after work and next weekend. Still have to do some car maint, yard work, and cleaning.
    What you should do next weekend when you have time is uninstall drivers through DDU (I posted a link above). It will boot you into safe mode to uninstall, I think it should do it automatically. Never install video card drivers through Windows Update. After uninstalling through DDU you should click the download link for automatic driver updates below (this will install GeForce Experience).

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

This should unlock the full power of your gpu. Your Firestrike score lists your clockrate at 2.0 GHz which is really ing good for a 1070 out of the box. This should be a very high performing card once you get drivers sorted out next week. Just remember the uninstall has to be done via the DDU utility I linked above, Windows is re ed in having to go into safe mode to uninstall your video drivers. And Windows Update is re ed in the drivers it uses. I'm almost certain this low Firestrike score is caused by drivers. I can't imagine it's thermal throttling, but I'll show you how to check for that later on if proper driver install doesn't fix it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that 9929 physics score is awful for that cpu. Near 13500 is about where you should be, like in your first and last tests. Are you sure you weren't running something else while benchmarking? That's lower than my quadcore Xeon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that 9929 physics score is awful for that cpu. Near 13500 is about where you should be, like in your first and last tests. Are you sure you weren't running something else while benchmarking? That's lower than my quadcore Xeon.
    I think I had a browswer window open. :/

I will try to run a few tests, including the prime thing this evening. I want to read up on the overclocking as well, so I will be ready to do the final tweaking this weekend.

Right now the cage is open, the cables are willy-nilly, and it isn't neat. I will tie up the cables, then get to seriously pushing the thing, and making sure it is running to speed, with the case in normal buttoned up mode. oi vey, would that I had the time. I have the job for the $$$, but time is hard to come by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I had a browswer window open. :/

I will try to run a few tests, including the prime thing this evening. I want to read up on the overclocking as well, so I will be ready to do the final tweaking this weekend.

Right now the cage is open, the cables are willy-nilly, and it isn't neat. I will tie up the cables, then get to seriously pushing the thing, and making sure it is running to speed, with the case in normal buttoned up mode. oi vey, would that I had the time. I have the job for the $$$, but time is hard to come by.
    Have you seen how to do the cables in the Enthoo Pro? It's a case built for being really to organize since it has so many options for routing the cables behind the motherboard tray. You shouldn't need to tie anything thanks to the velcro cable management loops behind the tray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For overclocking if you want to do it the easy way Asus will have software tools to do it. If you want to do it the right way follow the Haswell Overclocking Guide from overclock.net.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/h...ith-statistics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crap. now that I have the thing running, I can't find the games recommended posts.. erk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap, how could I forget Skyrim among must plays?

It's easily the best RPG I have ever played. Even better, you can use fan made mods to make it among the best looking games out there even though it's five years old. DJR210 can probably point you in the right direction for modding Skyrim.
    Erg. Found all the game recommendations... hard to know what to get first. Skyrim comes the most recommendations. (note for future self.. check around post 700 of thread)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erg. Found all the game recommendations... hard to know what to get first. Skyrim comes the most recommendations. (note for future self.. check around post 700 of thread)
    Skyrim is one of the greatest games ever made and normally I would say go ahead and get it now. But the developer is releasing a special edition on October 28th with much improved lighting and modern graphics. I mean it's a game that would be worth buying for $150, I'm dead serious, it's that good. But I'd wait for the remaster considering how many great games there are out there that you haven't played. Chief among them when you also want something to show off how impressive your system is graphically is probably Witcher 3. It's another huge game that's worth at least twice the selling price if you like action RPGs, and graphically it's top notch, the lighting is incredible and you have a gpu powerful enough to run HairWorks (though make sure to use DDU to uninstall your gpu drivers and then install the drivers from geforce.com). Just don't let the kids see you banging hookers in the game.

Dying Light is really fun too, brilliantly violent and like a zombie B-movie. It's probably my favorite game of 2015 (even over Witcher 3 and Fallout 4). I wouldn't jump on Fallout 4 immediately though, the entire series (Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4) is highly worth playing though none is very impressive graphically, and 1 & 2 are 1990s isometric view games (though 1 & 2 have the best storylines).

I can highly recommend all of the following games -- I'll put a + for games that are really impressive graphically and an * for old games 2010 and before.

Role-Playing Games:
    Skyrim, Witcher 3(+), Fallout 1-3(*), Fallout New Vegas(*), Fallout 4, Dragon Age Inquisition(+), Oblivion(*)

First person shooters:
    Bioshock Infinite(+), Far Cry 4(+), Far Cry 3, Metro 2033 Redux(+), Metro Last Light Redux(+), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1(*), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2(*), Half Life 1(*), Half Life 2(*), Crysis 1(+*)

First person Action Games:
    Dying Light(+)

Puzzle Games:
    Portal 1(*), Portal 2

3rd Person Action Games:
    Grand Theft Auto V(+), Tomb Raider 2013(+), Rise of the Tomb Raider(+), Assassins Creed 2(*), Assassins Creed Brotherhood(*)

Sports Games:
    NBA 2k16

Just go check IGN reviews on youtube to get an idea which games might interest you from this list. The games with the best storylines are Fallout 2 (though you should play Fallout 1 before it, it's also excellent) and Bioshock Infinite (quantum mechanics plays a key role in this game).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What really makes the Fallout games is the 1950s nostalgia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gtx1060 founders edition ordered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gtx1060 founders edition ordered
    Nice, it looks like a pretty awesome card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the GTX 1060 is 89% faster than the GTX 960 at 1080p in techpowerup's test suite of ~20 games or so. It's nice to see a really badass 60 series card again like 660 and 760 were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would u guys buy a previous gen card thats decreasing in price? say r9 fury over 1080/1070/480x

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would u guys buy a previous gen card thats decreasing in price? say r9 fury over 1080/1070/480x
    The R9 Fury is pretty badass card but good luck finding one at a good price, the cheapest one I can find in the US is $500, and you can get the much better GTX 1070 for $430 right now. The R9 Fury outperforms the RX 480 by about 20% at 1440p but the GTX 1070 is about 25% faster than the R9 Fury at 1440p. So I wouldn't even consider buying one unless it's less than midway in price between the GTX 1070 and GTX 1060/RX 480. In US prices I don't think I'd pay more than maybe $320 for an R9 Fury, especially since they're such crap overclockers and only have 4GB VRAM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The R9 Fury is pretty badass card but good luck finding one at a good price, the cheapest one I can find in the US is $500, and you can get the much better GTX 1070 for $430 right now. The R9 Fury outperforms the RX 480 by about 20% at 1440p but the GTX 1070 is about 25% faster than the R9 Fury at 1440p. So I wouldn't even consider buying one unless it's less than midway in price between the GTX 1070 and GTX 1060/RX 480. In US prices I don't think I'd pay more than maybe $320 for an R9 Fury, especially since they're such crap overclockers and only have 4GB VRAM.
    569aud down here...4gb xfx r9 fury from newegg global

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    569aud down here...4gb xfx r9 fury from newegg global
    What do 1070, 1060, and 480 cost?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do 1070, 1060, and 480 cost?
    rx480 aud$420-440
    1060 aud$430-550
    1070 aud$700-800
    1080 aud$1100-1200

more news an x http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvi...led,32309.html

USD$1200 AN X 12gb direct from nvidia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CROFL their new card is called the an X.

And then next year we'll have the an X Black using GP100 instead of GP102 like in the an X Pascal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skyrim is one of the greatest games ever made and normally I would say go ahead and get it now. But the developer is releasing a special edition on October 28th with much improved lighting and modern graphics. I mean it's a game that would be worth buying for $150, I'm dead serious, it's that good. But I'd wait for the remaster considering how many great games there are out there that you haven't played. Chief among them when you also want something to show off how impressive your system is graphically is probably Witcher 3. It's another huge game that's worth at least twice the selling price if you like action RPGs, and graphically it's top notch, the lighting is incredible and you have a gpu powerful enough to run HairWorks (though make sure to use DDU to uninstall your gpu drivers and then install the drivers from geforce.com). Just don't let the kids see you banging hookers in the game.

Dying Light is really fun too, brilliantly violent and like a zombie B-movie. It's probably my favorite game of 2015 (even over Witcher 3 and Fallout 4). I wouldn't jump on Fallout 4 immediately though, the entire series (Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4) is highly worth playing though none is very impressive graphically, and 1 & 2 are 1990s isometric view games (though 1 & 2 have the best storylines).

I can highly recommend all of the following games -- I'll put a + for games that are really impressive graphically and an * for old games 2010 and before.

Role-Playing Games:
    Skyrim, Witcher 3(+), Fallout 1-3(*), Fallout New Vegas(*), Fallout 4, Dragon Age Inquisition(+), Oblivion(*)

First person shooters:
    Bioshock Infinite(+), Far Cry 4(+), Far Cry 3, Metro 2033 Redux(+), Metro Last Light Redux(+), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1(*), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2(*), Half Life 1(*), Half Life 2(*), Crysis 1(+*)

First person Action Games:
    Dying Light(+)

Puzzle Games:
    Portal 1(*), Portal 2

3rd Person Action Games:
    Grand Theft Auto V(+), Tomb Raider 2013(+), Rise of the Tomb Raider(+), Assassins Creed 2(*), Assassins Creed Brotherhood(*)

Sports Games:
    NBA 2k16

Just go check IGN reviews on youtube to get an idea which games might interest you from this list. The games with the best storylines are Fallout 2 (though you should play Fallout 1 before it, it's also excellent) and Bioshock Infinite (quantum mechanics plays a key role in this game).
    I have a guilty confession:

First game I played was a turn based strategy game, my first love. (gal civ III)

I got it out of my system.

I will be buying witcher 3 now, and playing it. Still need to get the overclocking done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First game I played was a turn based strategy game, my first love. (gal civ III)

I will be buying witcher 3 now, and playing it. Still need to get the overclocking done.
    Did you ever remove the drivers using DDU and then reinstall from nvidia?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/105037/en-us

If you have done that, post a Firestrike score done with nothing else going in the background. You should easily pull 17500 to 19000 on graphics. Getting your driver situation handled is important for turning on all the eye candy in Witcher 3, especially Hairworks. Hairworks is a really cool effect, but it needs a really serious gpu to be able to run it without tanking framerates way below 60 fps. My GTX 970 isn't up to the task at 1080p, but your GTX 1070 is about 60% stronger than my GTX 970 in that game and I bet you will be able to get a consistent 60 fps with it on once you get drivers sorted out. But your $450 gpu is going to perform like a $300 one until you get the drivers right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL guilty confession. If it makes you feel any better I'm playing Half Life 1 on a once $350 GPU (GTX 970) right now. That game could be run flawlessly on my GeForce 8400 GS (which was a spectacularly weak GPU when it came out in 2009 ). If you haven't played the Half Life series, it's a must btw. The Source version of Half Life 1 is the one to get though, the 1999 original is a real to run on a modern Windows. But it's an amazing series:

Half Life 1 --> Half Life 2 --> Half Life 2 Episode 1 --> Half Life 2 Episode 2 --> Portal 1 --> Portal 2 --> Hopefully someday Half Life 3

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    --> Hopefully someday Half Life 3

Thread Information