Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    The best football-league in the world deserves its own thread.

And today it starts off with the best team in football, the glorious FC Bayern, who will take on the up and coming VfL Wolfsburg in a few minutes.

Let the games begin. I predict Bayern to win this game 3-1 and the league with a comfortable distance of 12 points to Dortmund.

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    Solid start. Not too spectacular, but solid.
    The Ref was awful though. Olic goal is hand. Dante fouls Olic, no penalty. Rode scores and Müller is not offside. All in all it should have been a result with two goals for Bayern.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Agree, bundesliga is the real deal, Bayern got unlucky in the 2014 champions league but I'm confident they'll win it back in 2015, with Mourinho's chelsea being the only solid challenger. Jose will win the premier league this season no doubt about that but I don't fancy his chance to win the champions league just two seasons after coming back to chelsea.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    best football league

Is the best football league being killed off by Bayern signing every opposing team's star?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    ^ same happens in the La Liga as well, only difference is two teams practicing it instead of one.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    ^ same happens in the La Liga as well, only difference is two teams practicing it instead of one.
    That's why when it's all said and done, the Premier League is the most interesting top-tier league to watch, even though English players are godawful overrated and overpaid.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That's why when it's all said and done, the Premier League is the most interesting top-tier league to watch, even though English players are godawful overrated and overpaid.
    Bingo

It's the most interesting to watch because of all the teams competing for the le (but let's face it, some middle team from la Liga would c-stomp the likes of Everton or Tottenham)

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Bayern is fortunate Wolfsburg's Malanda choked a squatter.

But a-lot of significant players for Bayern were out. The back 4 looks adequate with Badstuber back in action after 2 blown knees. But the season ending injury to Javier Martinez leaves an enormous hole with MF defense. This has forced Alaba to slide more inside and play out of position. Shaqiri doesn't seem to be the long term replacement to Ribery. If not for the Lewandowski signing I would not only question Bayern reaching the UCL Semi-Finals but even winning Bundesliga. Letting Kroos go makes Thiago utterly vital.

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    Bayern is fortunate Wolfsburg's Malanda choked a squatter.

But a-lot of significant players for Bayern were out. The back 4 looks adequate with Badstuber back in action after 2 blown knees. But the season ending injury to Javier Martinez leaves an enormous hole with MF defense. This has forced Alaba to slide more inside and play out of position. Shaqiri doesn't seem to be the long term replacement to Ribery. If not for the Lewandowski signing I would not only question Bayern reaching the UCL Semi-Finals but even winning Bundesliga. Letting Kroos go makes Thiago utterly vital.
    I think Pep will play with three defenders. Boatang is allowed to play again against Schalke next week, so the defense will be better. Winning the Bundesliga won't be a big problem imo, because Bayern feasts on the lesser teams They might loose a game or two against the likes of Dortmund, Leverkusen etc, but one of their strenghts is, that they very seldomly loose to the third or forth tier clubs of the league.

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    best football league

Is the best football league being killed off by Bayern signing every opposing team's star?
    You can make a case for EPL, but Bundesliga has the complete package.

And don't kid yourself with the "Bayern buys the best player" . Don't get me wrong, they do, but so does every other club. Difference is, that Bayern, just like Real, Barca, Chelsea etc are a tier above the clubs they buy from.
    Example: Dortmund is to Bayern what Berlin, or Gladbach (Reus) is to Dortmund. Maybe not to that extend, but you get what I mean.
    Everybody does it. Teams like Leverkusen buy Hamburg players. And so on.

My Team
    Portland Timbers
    Post Count
    EPL is easily the best league from top to bottom. Bundesliga is pretty much Bayern alone.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    ^ it's not like EPL has two three or more real contenders. I see only two real contenders in the EPL this season, Chelsea and City. Arsenal hasn't been relevant for years while United is no longer the same since Fergie left, Liverpool managed a superb effort last season but they're just a joke tbh. Bayern is just too stacked they overshadow the rest of the bundesliga but it doesn't mean other German clubs are weak compared to their English counterparts imho.

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    Good pickups by Bayern. Alonso played well yesterday. But Bayern let Schalke get to them with their hard play and in the end the draw is ok.
    Four points after two games is ok. Nothing more, nothing less. If we had our main guys available, I think we would sit on six points, but Dortmund already lost a game, so all is well.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Heeeeee's Back

For 6.3 Euro? What is Man U doing.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    United only bought him for 11m something if I remember correct, so 6.3 euro for someone who has already been marginalized doesn't sound too bad for United imho.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    United only bought him for 11m something if I remember correct, so 6.3 euro for someone who has already been marginalized doesn't sound too bad for United imho.
    No idea why he's struggled to break into the Man U lineup. He will be torching Arsenal in UCL

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    Ballspielverein Borussia Dortmund
    Post Count
    They bought him for 16+. But he was no. 9 overall in PL jerseysales, and money isn`t that important for ManU anyway...

My Team
    Post Count
    No idea why he's struggled to break into the Man U lineup. He will be torching everbody
    This.

Offensive Midfield: Reus/Kagawa/Mkhitharyan

My Team
    Post Count
    For 6.3 Euro? What is Man U doing.
    And the fee was 6.3 Million GBP which equals about 8 Million €, so it`s about half the fee ManU paid in 2012...

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    This.

Only 25 years old.

My Team
    Post Count
    Ja, not as old as Robbery! And outside of Kehl (retires next year) and Weidenfeller/Kirch (both probably will retire in 2016) there are only three older (28/29) guys in Kuba, Piszczek and Ramos. Everbody else is 26 or younger and some prospects (Hofman, Bittencourt, Leitner, Ducksch, Koch, Günter) are stashed in smaller Bundesliga teams (Günter @Galatasaray). Even if Reus and/or Gündogan leave in 2015, future squad looks great in Dortmund...

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Sry guys, but I had to share this one:

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    This.

crofl moyes

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Where's the thread to talk about the Ligue 1? I want to ask Brazil how's he liking Bielsa so far?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Where's the thread to talk about the Ligue 1? I want to ask Brazil how's he liking Bielsa so far?
    I saw a thread for all other leagues I think.

well Bielsa is a tricky pony, he put his boss on a very difficult position with his interview. All former OM management was asking for his head especially Tapie who has still a lot of influence everywhere but Labrune managed the issue properly IMO.

i am quite surprised he was able to keep locker room focused, on a way it seems they are using the controversy as a fuel which is quite remarkable knowing that Bielsa said clearly the players he has are not the ones he wanted. Not sure if all that is sustainable but he run a solid system and has good results. Last win against yes a weak opponent was quite impressive.

marseille is a tough spot for a coach, I'm curious to see if Marseille will eat him on the long run or if he will impose his will.

Thread Information