Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a business pays its employees less than the profit they create for the business?

You don't say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like their incomes only come in the form of salaries. They also rake in big cash from commercials endorsements and s, don't forget.
    Not from the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kobe makes 25m a year and let's say he brings in 200m a year to the Lakers organization. That's being generous since the Yahoo article said he brings in ~70 a year.

That means that Kobe Bryant earns about 1/8 of the value he creates for the franchise.

Look up what the average wage-worker earns in relation to the value they create in America. A fry cook at Chick-fil-a would have to make upwards of 100K a year to earn the proportion of their created wealth that Kobe earns from the Lakers.

If he wants to give an interview saying he's underpaid while Ferguson is going on he can honestly go himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these losers in this thread making low wages trying to justify the Spurs ing Jimmy with no vaseline.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    when does season 5 start tbh? Feel like I haven't seen that show in forever
    Oct 12 I think

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's half correct. Nba stars are all underpaid within the context of team/league profits. Kobe is heavily OVERpaid within the context of the salary cap

bah, I see dmc said the same thing a few posts above
    I don't believe that that is true at all. The NBA is responsible for him being as famous as he is. Would Kobe still have all those endorsements and fame if he wasn't in the NBA? Since the NBA made him famous, he was able to sign endorsement deals and get extra cash because of the exposure of being a great NBA player. If you ask me, it is an even trade. He gets paid enough, probably too much.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kirby is obsessed with MJ to the point of creep. He even copied Jordan's quote.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apple employees are replaceable
    You dont think this is replaceable?
    Pts 83
    Ass 38
    Reb 26

Salary: $30M+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont think this is replaceable?
    Pts 83
    Ass 38
    Reb 26

Salary: $30M+
    You know exactly what I meant. We were both very clear that we were talking about profitability specifically

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well they're still getting paid outside of what they do so what is he complaining about?

You get paid on what you're worth of the court, not what you do out of it.

Huh? Are Parsons and Hayward getting what they are worth on the court? What about Dirk or Tim? Players union got raped in CBA but dumbass GM and owners screwing it up by overpaying role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Are Parsons and Hayward getting what they are worth on the court? What about Dirk or Tim? Players union got raped in CBA but dumbass GM and owners screwing it up by overpaying role players.
    I called it back then when was going on... peeps here where overwhelmingly on the owners side though, for some reason... players are employees, they should just bend over

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    People are lemmings. Posters who are here because of these same players expect them 'to be happy for what they get' while the owners jack up their ticket prices and put ty teams together.

No sympathy for the players though, they're idiots for getting fleeced in the last CBA. They seem to forget the league has more to lose than they do (particularly in the NBA).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe has to be the most selfish player in NBA history imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are lemmings. Posters who are here because of these same players expect them 'to be happy for what they get' while the owners jack up their ticket prices and put ty teams together.

No sympathy for the players though, they're idiots for getting fleeced in the last CBA. They seem to forget the league has more to lose than they do (particularly in the NBA).
    You can thank, among others, Derek Fisher for that... cutting back-door deals with Stein while Billy Hunter was doing his union thing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highest paid coach/cheerleader imo

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I called it back then when was going on... peeps here where overwhelmingly on the owners side though, for some reason... players are employees, they should just bend over

I did too. Fans just wanted hoops and Dumbass Fisher and his players (LeBron was very influential) got the shaft. They did not have the stones to maximize their worth. Of course when LeBron started seeing what mlb players were getting he felt on and rightfully so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    without the nba his worth nothing

goto countries that dont value sport or no investment in sport, he be a commoner just like everyone else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know exactly what I meant. We were both very clear that we were talking about profitability specifically
    I know now!!
    Thats probably correct. Although his salary + other expenses the team pays for him is a very big number.
    I dont have the Lakers financial statements to do a better analysis, but I wouldnt be surprise that using Kobe salary + expenses to get 2 other good players would be even more profitable (tickets, merchandising, playoff money...etc).
    I know Lakers fans love Kobe, but I dont think most fans (the ones that actually pay for tickets) would NOT go if Kobe isnt there.
    Kobe will eventually retire and the Lakers will get new players...I do think this offseason would have been great for them. (please no CBA arguments!)

But then again..I might be 100% wrong.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know now!!
    Thats probably correct. Although his salary + other expenses the team pays for him is a very big number.
    I dont have the Lakers financial statements to do a better analysis, but I wouldnt be surprise that using Kobe salary + expenses to get 2 other good players would be even more profitable (tickets, merchandising, playoff money...etc).
    I know Lakers fans love Kobe, but I dont think most fans (the ones that actually pay for tickets) would NOT go if Kobe isnt there.
    Kobe will eventually retire and the Lakers will get new players...I do think this offseason would have been great for them. (please no CBA arguments!)

But then again..I might be 100% wrong.
    I will always even if they suck and long after Kobe is gone. But with the price the LAkers charge for tickets they need KObe until another star replaces him. This FA turned out to be ty with only Lebron leaving that truly matters. sure they could have got two 12 million dollar players for KObe's salary but that is not enough to get Parsons or Hayward and they are both overrated. Only the Spurs with their culture and Lebron are getting good players on the cheap. Rather have Kobe than HAyward plus Persons. But I would rather have Parker Manu and Kiwi than Kobe but SPurs players don't leave.

I have no problem riding out the two years no matter what we did even if Dwight had stayed we still would not have number 17 which is all that really matters. I just want to see improvement from the young players and hope Randle and Clarkson are legit. That plus health means it's already a better season than last year even if we lose the same amount of games. Lakers have won plenty. I just want to see us move forward.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

"But but but he really is underpaid!"

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But but but he really is underpaid!"
    No trade clause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it's actually the opposite and by light years distance..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will always even if they suck and long after Kobe is gone. But with the price the LAkers charge for tickets they need KObe until another star replaces him. This FA turned out to be ty with only Lebron leaving that truly matters. sure they could have got two 12 million dollar players for KObe's salary but that is not enough to get Parsons or Hayward and they are both overrated. Only the Spurs with their culture and Lebron are getting good players on the cheap. Rather have Kobe than HAyward plus Persons. But I would rather have Parker Manu and Kiwi than Kobe but SPurs players don't leave.

I have no problem riding out the two years no matter what we did even if Dwight had stayed we still would not have number 17 which is all that really matters. I just want to see improvement from the young players and hope Randle and Clarkson are legit. That plus health means it's already a better season than last year even if we lose the same amount of games. Lakers have won plenty. I just want to see us move forward.
    Question:
    How much of the ticket money is already secured? I mean, have most seats already been paid? Is that how is works? Or do most tickets sale just before the game?
    Im asking because, one, I have no idea how it works there, and two, how much of the tickets sales are at risk if Kobe is injured again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Question:
    How much of the ticket money is already secured? I mean, have most seats already been paid? Is that how is works? Or do most tickets sale just before the game?
    Im asking because, one, I have no idea how it works there, and two, how much of the tickets sales are at risk if Kobe is injured again.
    I think a great deal are already paid. Although I believe the season ticket renewals have gone down the past couple seasons Unfortunately for teh Lakers LA is focused on image. With no star, you get empty seats paid for already or not which is a bad look for a franchise with our "pedigree". OF course in the new CBA it was a stupid ass deal (Kobe's extension). CN's anonymous GM is right ...but if you read the article it also points out that he means more than that to the Lakers. It's almost like the David Beckam deal for the Galaxy no way is the player worth that anymore ... but for marketing and sponsorship etc it works. They still need to win but at least Kobe gives the fans something to watch.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A doctor makes about $189 k a year, Kobe needs to go himself by saying he deserves $75 million a year. This entire thing reminds me of this scene where Jesse from Breaking Bad is ing that hes only making $2 million every month while the drug distributor makes $90 million. in get a life already

Thread Information