thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    discuss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's talented enough to be a great 2nd option on a championship team, if he plays his role well he will do incredibly as a 3rd/2nd option to Lebron. He's also the difference between me calling Cleveland favorites, if he fits in well and doesn't force things they will be really tough to beat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is already a superstar in my book, should be matured by now, and with lebron leading the way he will shine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is better than 2003 Parker

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    On paper, very much. Put him in the 2013 Spurs and they're B2B winners now

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the feeling they're going to end up wanting to trade him later on. They need a shooting guard, but how are you ever going to get equal value for Irving at that position? Especially when Klay Thompson and Bradley Beal both play on teams with quality young point guards? Has Irving even played a second of compe ive basketball where he wasn't the primary ball handler controlling every possession? I wonder if he can adapt to handling the ball mostly on the break and when LeBron is on the bench, and being a shooter playing off James in the halfcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie being able to shoot and actually hanlde the ball is huge. Big difference in being able to pressure Lebron and dare Chalmers to beat you vs Kyrie on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously as a talent he's good enough to be a legit #2, but he's one of the worst defenders in the league and has minimal experience playing off the ball..to be fair, he's dealt with poor coaches and teammates so far in his career, but he still has a lot to prove in regards to style of play that's conducive to winning basketball..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I get the feeling they're going to end up wanting to trade him later on. They need a shooting guard, but how are you ever going to get equal value for Irving at that position? Especially when Klay Thompson and Bradley Beal both play on teams with quality young point guards? Has Irving even played a second of compe ive basketball where he wasn't the primary ball handler controlling every possession? I wonder if he can adapt to handling the ball mostly on the break and when LeBron is on the bench, and being a shooter playing off James in the halfcourt.
    Hopefully Kyrie took notes from Wade. The earlier he realizes that the better the chances of the Cavs winning will be. He not only has to adjust to LeBron, he also needs to adjust to Love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Kyrie took notes from Wade. The earlier he realizes that the better the chances of the Cavs winning will be. He not only has to adjust to LeBron, he also needs to adjust to Love.
    Love is accustomed to playing off the ball, so he's probably going to fit perfectly..

The fit question will be mostly concerning Irving and LeCoon, not just from Irving's standpoint, but also LeCoon's..he's probably going to have to play more off the ball as he ages, which isn't something he did much of in Miami(or at any point of his basketball life)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have traded Irving for Love. They could have kept Wiggins and balanced out their payroll by finding a cheaper PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have traded Irving for Love. They could have kept Wiggins and balanced out their payroll by finding a cheaper PG.
    Don't disagree, but they are trying to win now and in the real world, it's extremely rare for rookies to contribute (whether we agree or not with the win-now decision).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kyrie being able to shoot and actually hanlde the ball is huge. Big difference in being able to pressure Lebron and dare Chalmers to beat you vs Kyrie on offense.
    I agree with Deeps, If Lebron is the beast we expect from the past two years ...absolutely. Wade had his moments in 2013 but was already heading towards TOSB status and Lebron led the Heat to a le. yes it took a Ray miracle and James at a elite level but if Lebron maintains a high level of play ...of course Kyrie can. Love should be able to provide Bosh's offense with better rebounding. too bad on defense he is not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solid take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obviously it's too early to say no, he is still young and can still learn how to play, but the early part of his career is overwhelmingly strong. The 2014 cavs could be the next best thing when it comes to failures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't disagree, but they are trying to win now and in the real world, it's extremely rare for rookies to contribute (whether we agree or not with the win-now decision).
    if they can defend, it's not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously as a talent he's good enough to be a legit #2, but he's one of the worst defenders in the league and has minimal experience playing off the ball..to be fair, he's dealt with poor coaches and teammates so far in his career, but he still has a lot to prove in regards to style of play that's conducive to winning basketball..
    well put. had similar thoughts but you already put it out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they can defend, it's not.
    Name the rookies that played a significant role on a team that won a le in recent years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name the rookies that played a significant role on a team that won a le in recent years.
    rondo, but that's mostly because contenders don't get lottery picks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rondo, but that's mostly because contenders don't get lottery picks...
    Rondo wasn't a rookie.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't say he is since he's playing with the Great Satan. The Great Satan will hurt his game since both are ball dominant players. With the Great Satan controlling the ball I can't Kyrie being good at playing off the ball. Kyrie will have the same problems Wade had playing with the Great Satan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then they could have trade Wiggins for something else, like a proven championship defender or an elite center. The issue is that the Cavs will probably need next season to adjust to each other. After that, they'll have three max deals on their books and three key players looking for new deals in Anderson, Waiters and Thompson. They'll be forced to either go DEEP into the tax to keep their team together or let corish guys go and only have the MLE to replace them. They'd pretty much have no tax problems if they moved Irving's max deal, even if they took a large contract back besides Love.

It's obvious Cleveland is in win-now mode due to James' contract and general age. But they shouldn't be in championship-or-bust mode yet. They're too young overall and had too much talent to have a one- or two-year window. Their window is about the same length as the Spurs'. That's pretty disturbing for a team that has had three of the last four first-overall picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo wasn't a rookie.
    norris cole i guess?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili is pretty much what you're looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili is pretty much what you're looking for.
    not sure it counts tbh

Thread Information