Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    time to start off the year!

of course, brutal first game for a&m. on the road, starting true freshmen on the defensive side (again) due to injuries and retention issues. sc will run and run and run against the aggies at will. on the offensive side, a&m may try to expose the weak defensive front of the game s and that is one advantage aggies decidedly have. but they will be with a young QB and that could cause some TO's that will give SC a short field. may be a sloppy game at times and i think the aggies will show signs of things to come but, in the end, SC wins going away.

s 38
    ags 21

PS-is anyone going to start a college pick' em thread this year as is our tradition in here?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    SC has some small LB's and a young and depleted secondary. I think A&M puts up more than 21.

I don't have much faith in the defense for obvious reasons but if they can create some turnovers (forced or unforced) then I think that will be enough to keep A&M in the game until the end.

First thought is playing a game of this magnitude the first game of the year is a disadvantage for A&M but I'm not sure how you can truly gauge that. I think there are a lot of unknowns here that could come into play. For that reason, I will take the 10' points Vegas is giving A&M.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    SC has some small LB's and a young and depleted secondary. I think A&M puts up more than 21.

I don't have much faith in the defense for obvious reasons but if they can create some turnovers (forced or unforced) then I think that will be enough to keep A&M in the game until the end.

First thought is playing a game of this magnitude the first game of the year is a disadvantage for A&M but I'm not sure how you can truly gauge that. I think there are a lot of unknowns here that could come into play. For that reason, I will take the 10' points Vegas is giving A&M.
    yeah, SC has a very thin LB corp to boot. my concern is TO's. that we would move the ball but turn it over and that spurrier will manage the clock well by running the ball against our inexperienced front line. so although i think we will move the ball well the former reasons are why i'm going with 21 points. but i am stoked about checking out some of the freshmen and redshirts as well.
    Last edited by rjv; 08-25-2014 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I do think they will be able to successfully run the ball and in turn be able to take shots at us deep off the play-action which is recipe for disaster for our young secondary (freshman starting at CB and freshman starting at S). There QB has experience and has played in big games but he doesn't have the arm that Shaw had so just assuming he will be accurate with his throws isn't an assumption I'm ready to make.

Offensively, if we start to turn the ball over then I don't think we have much of a chance but I'm not sure why we would. Our RB stable should be able to handle the ball a lot to take some pressure off of Hill and Hill isn't really known to be a guy who forces the issue. I'd be a lot more worried about turnovers if Allen were getting the start tbh. We have some talent on the outside that have the ability to make some big plays in space so getting those guys the ball (Seals Jones, Clear, Noil) and running the ball with our three headed monster behind our experienced O-line will be key.

I do agree that turnovers, as well as penalties are the two big keys to this game (and all games the first week).

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The Mike Davis injury could come into play as well even if he plays. Bad ribs are nothing to scoff at for an RB. I know he will play but if he takes a couple shots early it could affect the way he's running the ball.

Post Count
    You guys know the ATM team much better than I, but a road game against a quality opponent with a young starting qb and sub par defense equals a disaster in my opinion.
    SC 35
    ATM 10

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We could always do a Yahoo Pick 'Em. I know that sort of loses the point of using teams that forum members are a fan of, but just a thought.

I like South Carolina by two TDs. 42-28.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You guys know the ATM team much better than I, but a road game against a quality opponent with a young starting qb and sub par defense equals a disaster in my opinion.
    SC 35
    ATM 10
    I would be completely shocked if we scored only 10.

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    I got A&M with the upset 35-30

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think our pass rush will have our defense looking much better this year (it was non-existent last year, and gave quarterbacks all the time they needed).

I'll hope for the upset. A&M 24 - SC 21.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think our pass rush will have our defense looking much better this year (it was non-existent last year, and gave quarterbacks all the time they needed).

I'll hope for the upset. A&M 24 - SC 21.
    doesn't help that d'shante davis is out for the game. they'll have to start a redshirt freshman (victor davis) at CB.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Devante Harris missing does hurt. Hoping Victor can be a nice surprise. Starting the true freshman Watts at Safety will also be interesting. I do agree our pass rush will be night an day. Hall & Garrett should be able to put pressure on. Much more worried about our interior d-line and LBs stopping the run.

Four sailors in a row boat equipped with sling shots vs a battleship stand a better chance than A&M does vs SC. It's just how badly with the Aggies get beat?

Post Count
    Devante Harris missing does hurt. Hoping Victor can be a nice surprise. Starting the true freshman Watts at Safety will also be interesting. I do agree our pass rush will be night an day. Hall & Garrett should be able to put pressure on. Much more worried about our interior d-line and LBs stopping the run.
    I hope your assessment is wrong cause if you cannot stop the run in the SEC then pass rushing becomes null and void.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I hope your assessment is wrong cause if you cannot stop the run in the SEC then pass rushing becomes null and void.
    Certain teams will be able to take advantage but not all teams. A&M couldn't stop the run last year for but they will be better this year. Still won't be great by any means though. If they start to load the box and force teams to throw then pass rush becomes essential in that scenario; and A&M should be pretty solid in that area this season.

Post Count
    It will be interesting to see what schemes and adjustments the Aggie DC Snyder rolls out. Seemed like most of last year this guy was brain dead rushing only four guys who all got easily handled one on one. Later in the season and in the Duke game he came with some blitzes and had success. If you see another horrid year on defense and his inability to coach up those young talented defensive players, my guess Sumlin replaces him in January.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'm still undecided on Snyder but he showed what he could do his first year when he has some talent. He called a masterful defensive game in '12 vs Bama. Not ready to call him a problem. He's had a lot of bad breaks roster wise but there definitely needs to be some dramatic improvements this season.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    This one and Boise State @ Ole Miss are the most interesting games tonight.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    looking forward to the boise state/ole miss game as well. could be a really good game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Ole Miss going to blow out Boise

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ole Miss going to blow out Boise
    SC gonna blow out aggy.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    SC gonna blow out aggy.
    Ok? I swear Horns are throwing watch parties for the A&M game tonight . More horns around the office talking about the game then Aggies. So obsessed. Times have changed.

Ugh, I hate this forum. It's too colorful! But I'm a diehard college football fan, so I guess I'll be frequenting it now.

I like South Carolina in this game. A&M is breaking in a new QB, while SC has a senior at QB. And it's hard to beat SC at home. My prediction SC: 30, A&M: 17

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ok? I swear Horns are throwing watch parties for the A&M game tonight . More horns around the office talking about the game then Aggies. So obsessed. Times have changed.
    That game is the first game on tonight. First primetime game of the season to kick it off. No one gives a about it being the aggies, it just happens to be the first game. That's it. I swear that chick fil a bowl went to Aggy heads.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That game is the first game on tonight. First primetime game of the season to kick it off. No one gives a about it being the aggies, it just happens to be the first game. That's it. I swear that chick fil a bowl went to Aggy heads.
    right.

Thread Information