Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    since we have so many recruiting news in here now i thought it'd be a good time to start a thread focusing on any local or state high school football talent one has their eye on. i myself go to all of the cibolo steele games and can keep the thread posted on not only some of the kids on that team who are being recruited but also on some of the kids that are from some of the other teams steele will see this year (o'connor, madison, judson, smithson valley, schertz clemens, wagner, both new braunfels teams and de soto from the dallas area).

for starters, i did go to the steel-johnson scrimmage and i can tell you that steele is loaded but the standouts were denley (RB), williams (QB) and jackson (defensive end).

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'll be keeping up with Jarrett Stidham and Corey Dauphine for sure.

Stidham will playing on espn with Stephenville in September.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

i'm going to catch that stephenville game. steele's game against desoto is also slated for ESPN.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Kyler Murray's first play of the season went for a touchdown.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    80 yard keeper

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

i heard that bryson denley received an offer from texas tech this past week but i couldn't confirm. considering steele's old coach is now at tech and justin stockton is there and playing as a true freshman that may be true. i could also see baylor going after him as he would fit their scheme. he is much tougher between the tackles that i thought he would be and very shifty. he had a nice game against madison this past weekend as did LG williams, the QB, who could be a great fit for a school such as UTSA or texas state. the real stud though is mark jackson at defensive end. he had three sacks and was a big part of the reason steele pitched a shut out.
    Last edited by rjv; 09-03-2014 at 10:34 AM.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    makes me feel like one of those nazi dads in the stands

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    makes me feel like one of those nazi dads in the stands

you're in texas. those nazi dads start chiming in way before high school. the scouts join them once they get to high school though. , there were scouts at the johnson/steele scrimmage.
    Last edited by rjv; 09-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Post Count
    What do they feed the boys up there in Cibolo Steele? Holy man, what a team. That game against desoto will prove to be a season definer for the Knights.

There are only a few players in the RGV that are worth following season wide starting with RB Speights from Mc Memorial.

Good thread though. I always wondered why one of these was never created to follow high school football here in Texas.

Would anyone believe an all black Tennessee high school that won 78 games in a row, and no team crossed the 50 yard line on them for three seasons? And for the first 52 games of the streak no team scored on them?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Would anyone believe an all black Tennessee high school that won 78 games in a row, and no team crossed the 50 yard line on them for three seasons? And for the first 52 games of the streak no team scored on them?
    has all to do with the topic, gfy

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    What do they feed the boys up there in Cibolo Steele? Holy man, what a team. That game against desoto will prove to be a season definer for the Knights.

There are only a few players in the RGV that are worth following season wide starting with RB Speights from Mc Memorial.

Good thread though. I always wondered why one of these was never created to follow high school football here in Texas.
    and last i heard, speights was committed to arizona. there was also a kid last year who played for harlingen south who was a solid RB but i believed he moved out of the state. desoto will be a really tough challenge for steele. they have several top prospects and their QB, tristen wallace, is a beast. he's a dual threat and is 6'3" and 210 and has burners. he put up 518 total yards in their first game (287 passing, 231 rushing). still, he's just a 3 star at the moment because of his lack of playing time (just a junior) and his throwing mechanics are shaky. i look for him to be a 4 star by the start of his senior season. steele's DE mark jackson is already a 4 star and it would not shock me if he earned 5 stars by the start of his senior season. he's going to get a lot of sacks and tackle behind the line of scrimmage by the end of the year. dude already looks like a college player out there on the field.

has all to do with the topic, gfy
    Obviously anyone reading this thread would be into the high school game.....right? Well now they know more than they did, ok with you, if not....who cares?

Post Count
    and last i heard, speights was committed to arizona. there was also a kid last year who played for harlingen south who was a solid RB but i believed he moved out of the state. desoto will be a really tough challenge for steele. they have several top prospects and their QB, tristen wallace, is a beast. he's a dual threat and is 6'3" and 210 and has burners. he put up 518 total yards in their first game (287 passing, 231 rushing). still, he's just a 3 star at the moment because of his lack of playing time (just a junior) and his throwing mechanics are shaky. i look for him to be a 4 star by the start of his senior season. steele's DE mark jackson is already a 4 star and it would not shock me if he earned 5 stars by the start of his senior season. he's going to get a lot of sacks and tackle behind the line of scrimmage by the end of the year. dude already looks like a college player out there on the field.
    I have a buddy who is one of Speight's teacher this year so I have a bit of an inside. He's committed to Arizona but it isn't set in stone. There are colleges coming down to see every one of his games. I just hope he doesn't end like another Bradley Stephens.

Speaking of Speights, he had a 99 yard run this past week. He's just a beast. I'll be going to his game this week on Friday as it's being played on our backyard.

Post Count
    Speaking of which Harlingen vs SA Reagan should be a good one all things considered.

rofl McAllen being overrated and getting thrashed by Permian. Their district championship last year was a fluke. They lost to a ing Brownsville team that got into bi-district by default of being the best that hole city has to offer.

Post Count
    Any of you dudes keep up with Laredo football? Every year it's the same recycled teams appearing in the postseason (United and Alexander with a twinkle of United South) Del Rio notwithstanding. How is that region faring this year? It was weak last year.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Any of you dudes keep up with Laredo football? Every year it's the same recycled teams appearing in the postseason (United and Alexander with a twinkle of United South) Del Rio notwithstanding. How is that region faring this year? It was weak last year.
    well, united beat schertz clemens last week for what it's worth. they play sharyland this week. united south is in town this weekend and i'll be at that game as they play steele. i look for that game to get nasty real quick.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Speaking of which Harlingen vs SA Reagan should be a good one all things considered.

rofl McAllen being overrated and getting thrashed by Permian. Their district championship last year was a fluke. They lost to a ing Brownsville team that got into bi-district by default of being the best that hole city has to offer.

harlingen, of course, is one of the traditional powers in the RGV region so they will always battle. reagan did lose to o'connor last weekend so this may be a down year for them but it will still be a challenge for harlingen to pull the upset. not too well versed on the favorites in RGV this year but i did see that weslaco lost to harlingen south which was also a bit of an upset.

Post Count
    well, united beat schertz clemens last week for what it's worth. they play sharyland this week. united south is in town this weekend and i'll be at that game as they play steele. i look for that game to get nasty real quick.
    Oddly enough Sharyland looks just as strong as last year and that's cause they've stayed in 5A (due to the opening of Sharyland Pioneer). The district will come down between them and Vela HS.

United South is suppose to have a good defense this year from what I've heard. But yeah, Steele is a juggernaut. You need more to compete with a team like that.

Post Count
    harlingen, of course, is one of the traditional powers in the RGV region so they will always battle. reagan did lose to o'connor last weekend so this may be a down year for them but it will still be a challenge for harlingen to pull the upset. not too well versed on the favorites in RGV this year but i did see that weslaco lost to harlingen south which was also a bit of an upset.
    Harlingen will compete, they always do. Gomez has those kids believing year and year out and they somehow pull out of nowhere to be a regional power. It helps that they play in a weak district now. Ever since leaving 31-5A two years ago their only compe ion has been Harlingen South and Los Fresnos.

Weslaco was suppose to be a top three team in this region. Them losing to Har South was a shocker to many down here.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    brennan smacked down smithson valley last night. da'shawn key had a solid game but most of his damage was done on the ground. he already has an offer from UTSA but tulsa and texas state are also interested. smithson valley looked slow and small. they may be in for a long season.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    i heard that bryson denley received an offer from texas tech this past week but i couldn't confirm. considering steele's old coach is now at tech and justin stockton is there and playing as a true freshman that may be true. i could also see baylor going after him as he would fit their scheme. he is much tougher between the tackles that i thought he would be and very shifty. he had a nice game against madison this past weekend as did LG williams, the QB, who could be a great fit for a school such as UTSA or texas state. the real stud though is mark jackson at defensive end. he had three sacks and was a big part of the reason steele pitched a shut out.
    24/7 confirmed the offer to Denley

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tyler John Tyler is now the #1 team in the state in 5A.

Post Count
    Just about every team out of the valley looks like they'd get thrashed by a SA team per par. Sadly, the only teams that look explosive on offense and halfway decent defensively are 5A teams in RV High School and Sharyland. This is a weak year unfortunately.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech's Texas high school commits:

Jarrett Stidham 20-24 377 yards 5 TDs, 0 INTs
    7 rushes18 yards1 TD

Corey Dauphine 20 rushes72 yards0 TDs

Johnathan Giles (as QB)14-23 135 yards1 TD
    21 rushes123 yards2 TDs

D'Vonta Hinton (as LB)9 tackles (3 TFL)5 Solo4 Assist

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/...pdate-9-8-2014

Thread Information